Site Development and Help Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help

Calling All True Css.net Members

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah this site has not been the same in the last year. About a year and a half ago the site just started getting younger members that are immature.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with you guys, I think this site has gone down a lot, especially recently. I joined here the 2 days after I got my car but had been on this site for at least 3-4 months before that with an old s/n just lookin around and researching. This site used to be so good and I don't know what happened. There's just so many pointless threads and arguments now that it's getting really annoying. And I think one of the biggest problems is that everyone hides behind the vail of the internet and acts full of crap and like they're the best things ever because no one else can do anything other than type a response. The other problem is that mods are just "lock-happy" now and just lock threads instead of dealing with the people that are causing issues.

I want the old, awesome css.net back.
Sigh...
Old 09-12-2008, 10:19 PM
Banned

im 24 and i try to be as mature as i can but i do joke a little like my previous post
Old 09-12-2008, 10:21 PM

I'm only 20 (19 when I joined) and I think I'm more mature than 90% of the people on here. There's definitely no harm in making little jokes. It's when people get defensive and "high and mighty" and think that only they can be right that there's an issue.
Seriously, it's the internet. Chill.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:23 PM
Banned

I can almost bet there are the "immature" member's reading this and aren't posting because they're reading it and saying to themselves "yep i do that... i a... do that too..."
Old 09-12-2008, 10:24 PM

^^Yea probably haha
Old 09-12-2008, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by KillerBee
Yeah this site has not been the same in the last year. About a year and a half ago the site just started getting younger members that are immature.
yeah..happens to any forum....when this site first started...these cars were new to the market and the young ones could not afford the ss's. But now that they're out...attracted the young ones...they now can afford all the used cobalts that are out. It was only a matter of time before it became like this. But I do agree that this site could use alittle cleaning up, but it hasnt gone down the tubes yet.....SO I HOPE SOMEONE WILL DO SOMETHING!
Old 09-12-2008, 10:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by cobaltR
yeah..happens to any forum....when this site first started...these cars were new to the market and the young ones could not afford the ss's. But now that they're out...attracted the young ones...they now can afford all the used cobalts that are out. It was only a matter of time before it became like this. But I do agree that this site could use alittle cleaning up, but it hasnt gone down the tubes yet.....SO I HOPE SOMEONE WILL DO SOMETHING!
i see your logic about the car prices have droped and the younger people can afford then but can we get something on base here i'm cool with you guys right?? i mean i'm "young" and i'll joke around a bit but i mean no seriousness
Old 09-12-2008, 10:29 PM

I am glad you feel the same way. Back then the site had a lot of people who posted that knew what they were talking about. I aint saying no one knows what they are talking about now but there was more car/technical threads then but now its not.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:30 PM

^^Mods need to actually moderate the forums and "punish" people (to a certain extent). Not just be lock-happy and make no real difference.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:32 PM

Originally Posted by 08sport
i see your logic about the car prices have droped and the younger people can afford then but can we get something on base here i'm cool with you guys right?? i mean i'm "young" and i'll joke around a bit but i mean no seriousness
Yeah your good. Its just that some of the younger guys try to argue with the older guys who try to help out technical wise. And they got tired of it and well they dont post much any more.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:32 PM
Banned

it seems lately the ban stick has been used heavily dripping of E-blood
Old 09-12-2008, 10:33 PM

yes but thats going to get out of hand.. how are they going to decide if someone is joking or not.. this site would be retarded if everyone was dead serious 100% of the time
Old 09-12-2008, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Billig ss/sc
^^Mods need to actually moderate the forums and "punish" people (to a certain extent). Not just be lock-happy and make no real difference.
The mods actually do a real good job. If they dont lock a thread it will just continue even if they send out fractions. And its easier for them to lock a thread then go through everything else.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:34 PM

ok i know i havent been on here long at all but i dont **** with ppl and be immature like how ppl always bash on you know who.. It gets out of hand ppl need to leave the guy alone, the reason it got out of hand was because all the n00bs saw the senior members giving him **** and they got in on it to try to be cool and they just got out of hand with it. I kinda cant blame the guy for reporting ppl how would u guys like it if 25 ppl were giving u **** all at the same time its bullshit and everyone needs to leave the guy alone. if u dont like his car who gives a **** and if hes asking for opinions just tell him sry im not feelin it u dont have to be like WTF were u thinking that looks like **** u ******* ******* go kill urself... im only bringing him up cuz i hear everyone always have him in the blame for why this site went to **** because he reports ppl and gets them banned... i wish i could of been here for what u guys seem to call the good days of css.net but it could go back to that if people can be mature.

/rant
Old 09-12-2008, 10:35 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by KillerBee
Yeah your good. Its just that some of the younger guys try to argue with the older guys who try to help out technical wise. And they got tired of it and well they dont post much any more.
alright just checkin cause everyone uses the word young and i feel like the guns pointing at me cause every other 16-17 year old likes to argue
Old 09-12-2008, 10:35 PM

i think a major problem is the mods do not interact on barley the same level they used to. I remember when mods used to use this forum like any other member would. Does it say something about CSS when even the mods dont use there own forum? I think so. Sure there are the few posts here and there, but nothing like it used to. I suspect its because even they cant really stand it anymore....

but i could be wrong
Old 09-12-2008, 10:36 PM

im around dont post much these days but im around.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:37 PM

Originally Posted by 08sport
alright just checkin cause everyone uses the word young and i feel like the guns pointing at me cause every other 16-17 year old likes to argue
well there are some younger members that are more mature then some of the older members.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:38 PM

at least there's enough helpful people here to answer the questions from those of us that actually came here to learn.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:40 PM

I don't have any suggestions other than ignore the posers. We all know that there is alot of knowledge stored in the archives of this site. I read the how to's alot. I remember being 18, 17 years ago, and I never presented myself to anyone as a know-it-all...I opened my eyes and ears and gained experience.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:41 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by snake890217
at least there's enough helpful people here to answer the questions from those of us that actually came here to learn.
i came here to learn but i only REALLY started talkin in stuff as soon as the motivational posters thread came out and if you ask me it did more bad then good... because then thats the only reason people came here is to screw around... but i joined before i had my car and thats why i didn't talk much
Old 09-12-2008, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by originaladrian
i think a major problem is the mods do not interact on barley the same level they used to. I remember when mods used to use this forum like any other member would. Does it say something about CSS when even the mods dont use there own forum? I think so. Sure there are the few posts here and there, but nothing like it used to. I suspect its because even they cant really stand it anymore....

but i could be wrong
No i think you hit the nail on the head with this statment. And it goes for all the older members and why they dont post either.
Old 09-12-2008, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by snake890217
i see you joined this year, if you would have been here a year ago you woulld see alot more tech talk and alot more help. but what you said earlier about not posting because your afraid of getting flamed yourself, it happens to everyone man just something that goes on now. car looks good though from what i see so far
Old 09-12-2008, 10:45 PM

Originally Posted by red2006SS
i see you joined this year, if you would have been here a year ago you woulld see alot more tech talk and alot more help. but what you said earlier about not posting because your afraid of getting flamed yourself, it happens to everyone man just something that goes on now. car looks good though from what i see so far
Thanks. I nice to see there are some people that just want to make fiends and help out. BTW your car owns lol

Quick Reply: Calling All True Css.net Members