Site Development and Help Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help

Calling All True Css.net Members

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 10:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by afireinside7710
wisdom from the mods. I have seen this cycle a few times, and i know exactly what you are talking about half

lol well hey, if its the only way to make him happy, i say give it to him

I also remember when i first came to the site. i was over in .com and already had alot of knowledge about the cobalt, cobalt future, and the ecotec family of engines. Everyone that greeted me was nice (and a lot of them are no longer here ). I had no problem finding things on the site, and if i had a question i just asked. I really love the site and I would gladly pay 20 a year for the site
yeah i agree. and im glad that its pullin a few people back together. halfcent always has had some good points

no one even respects the mods anymore..

i remember the days i spent my entire shift at work on this site and was warned to get fired a few times but it never stopped me.. then times have changed.. different crowd.. but hey im back looking to piece it back together..

zach.. we really need to plan something soon ill pay for everything just so we can get people back together

Last edited by fbaero10; 09-13-2008 at 10:51 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-13-2008, 11:17 AM

so i agree with halfcent, he has some good points, many members just miss what CSS used to be. at the same time many of these members feel like the administration of this site as not done enough to prevent this change.

CSS used to be sortof an awkward family with a huge sense of community.

Of course you cant always prevent change from happening as it always will, but when its a forum you love and put some time into, i can see how some older members might get a bit bitter.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:23 AM

it was like another family

several people started dating/ engagement just because of this site and the community through meetings

Last edited by fbaero10; 09-13-2008 at 11:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-13-2008, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by originaladrian
so i agree with halfcent, he has some good points, many members just miss what CSS used to be. at the same time many of these members feel like the administration of this site as not done enough to prevent this change.

CSS used to be sortof an awkward family with a huge sense of community.

Of course you cant always prevent change from happening as it always will, but when its a forum you love and put some time into, i can see how some older members might get a bit bitter.
we is bitter....

what about m-dub, steddy, and some of the recent bannings of older members....they just want the normal site back...they are tired of a lot of the nonsense that goes on....

halfcent i hope you are not referring to those guys as the trouble makers and martyrs in your post....as those are good guys and i cant wait for their ban to be lifted...
Old 09-13-2008, 11:26 AM

hmm we want to keep this thread positive.. the word banned shouldnt be used in this thread and it can turn ugly.. dont ruin this thread please when most people still havent seen it
Old 09-13-2008, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by fbaero10
hmm we want to keep this thread positive.. the word banned shouldnt be used in this thread and it can turn ugly.. dont ruin this thread please when most people still havent seen it
i was not trying to start anything or get your thread locked....

i am not asking for a reason for their banning or trying to attack a mod for it....i am not breaking any rules i am just mentioning them who happen to be banned

if a mod thinks either of these posts are out of line i want him to delete them and not this thread....
Old 09-13-2008, 11:39 AM

Originally Posted by FASTL61
you sir, are my god!with all do respect of course
thanks lol
Originally Posted by laserblue2006
i was not trying to start anything or get your thread locked....

i am not asking for a reason for their banning or trying to attack a mod for it....i am not breaking any rules i am just mentioning them who happen to be banned

if a mod thinks either of these posts are out of line i want him to delete them and not this thread....
yes this is true, but to there benifit, i think that one day where m-dub and everyone got banned was just crazy and there was no way to go about it other than deleting threads.... i thiknk the mods see that this is not the answer tho.... there not bad people lol, ur forgetting these are the same mods u used to praise a few months ago, they cant fix everything and even the mods dont have totall control over what happens on a public forum...
Old 09-13-2008, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by originaladrian
thanks lol

yes this is true, but to there benifit, i think that one day where m-dub and everyone got banned was just crazy and there was no way to go about it other than deleting threads.... i thiknk the mods see that this is not the answer tho.... there not bad people lol, ur forgetting these are the same mods u used to praise a few months ago, they cant fix everything and even the mods dont have totall control over what happens on a public forum...
ha....i never "praised" them....only respected them....
Old 09-13-2008, 11:47 AM

very truee
Old 09-13-2008, 11:51 AM

This site is for people who are all interested in our cars, and ask for help and theirs the more experienced to help us all out. People just need to grow up a little. I don't have the power to do anything but im on this site every day at least 4 hours and i see this happen but just wait for it there time for a question and they want help.
Old 09-13-2008, 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by MP Cobalt
This site is for people who are all interested in our cars, and ask for help and theirs the more experienced to help us all out. People just need to grow up a little. I don't have the power to do anything but im on this site every day at least 4 hours and i see this happen but just wait for it there time for a question and they want help.
i dont understand what you are saying here
Old 09-13-2008, 11:53 AM

i dont understand what you are saying here
x2...
Old 09-13-2008, 11:55 AM

Im trying to say this site is for people to help out others and so on...
Old 09-13-2008, 11:56 AM

i've been on here for a little over a year now and my car wouldn't be where it is right now if it wasn't for you CSS.net members helping me out
Old 09-13-2008, 12:03 PM
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
what about m-dub, steddy, and some of the recent bannings of older members....they just want the normal site back...they are tired of a lot of the nonsense that goes on....
This is the short sightedness I was talking about. While I know before I even type this that you are going to disagree, the people you mention are the ones mostly responsible for the "nonsense" that you are talking about.

The truth is, there is nothing wrong with the site.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:08 PM

i've been a member for awhile now, never spoke up till just recently, but i can promise you i'm legit
Old 09-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Banned

there are some people here who clearly are douches.. certain members every thread they post in it gets locked.. and im not talking cc08...
Old 09-13-2008, 12:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by fbaero10
Im talking about the original post ******, and great people who made this site what it is.

Its not just me but there are ALOT of older members that we all knew and loved that do not come to this site because of the new flock of ignorant members on this site. Im tired of reading about people ragging on people just for typing things certain ways.

Just a few moments ago i saw someone bust on someone who said they are putting nos in the car.. and more than 5 people jumped down this guys throat. The worst part was.. is that he actually purchased a NOS bottle.. thats what he wanted and thats what he said he got. and everyone jumps to F and the furious crap and "naws" .. this site is just getting really old. Im calling out the true people who knew myself and a few others including reignmaster or reignss. dc5 and all those other cool guys.. We gotta do something about this site, even if its the admins need to clean out some of these kids...

anyone else agree? disguss?
what? I'm an original post *****. I joined just after this site was first created. The newbs are the ones always posting before searching. It gets old after a while. And the whole NOS thing, yea well it's nitrous. If you don't think I've contributed anything to this site then you're crazy. It gets old seeing the same newby threads day in and day out. I get on here to look up new info on any of the tvs projects, intake manifold projects, any build threads, any twincharge threads. I also look to see what other poeple have ran recently at the quarter mile and what their mods were. It sucks to have to wade through all the BULLSHIT newb posts in order to get to the important information. People keep posting the most simple and ignorant **** in the TECH section. Last time I checked, that's for TECHNICAL questions. Not **** like, "has the injen intake been dyno tested?". The BIGGEST reason I bought my cobalt ss/sc was because of this site. I saw huge potential and I saw a great forum that had lots of people going out and finding stuff out and I wanted to be part of that. But with all the newbs that get BUTT HURT when someone tells them to search, or quit using ricer terms, this forum has turned into a huge vagina that can't seem to get rid of the sand. I'm just about fed up with it. I keep in contact all the time with all of the original innovators like me through email and there are some pretty damn fast cobalts out there that just won't post on this forum anymore. I'm trying not to do as they do. But it's really hard with a bunch of whine box newbs.
Old 09-13-2008, 12:13 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Halfcent
This is the short sightedness I was talking about. While I know before I even type this that you are going to disagree, the people you mention are the ones mostly responsible for the "nonsense" that you are talking about.

The truth is, there is nothing wrong with the site.
halfpenny denial isnt just a river.. this site has a **** ton of flaws

Last edited by nramlow2006; 09-13-2008 at 12:13 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-13-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by nramlow2006
there are some people here who clearly are douches.. certain members every thread they post in it gets locked.. and im not talking cc08...
And yet you still found it necessary to mention it, didn't you?

Before this become the very kind of thread that we don't allow, I have to close it. But understand this. People with negative attitudes are the problem. Not the site itself.