Site Development and Help Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help

Calling All True Css.net Members

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 10:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by snake890217
Thanks. I nice to see there are some people that just want to make fiends and help out. BTW your car owns lol
thats why i originally joined. we used to have a really fun crew here but just kinda fell apart
Old 09-12-2008, 10:46 PM

Lately I have seen arguments as stupid as "My dad can beat up your Dad" and " Drive out to my town, 2500 miles from where you are, and let's see how fast you are". Geez
Old 09-12-2008, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by tricky1
whorin it up for just over 2 years...and all i got is this stupid post.
been here longer than you, and all I got to show for it, was quoting you. LOL
Old 09-12-2008, 10:50 PM

Originally Posted by Shamrock
been here longer than you, and all I got to show for it, was quoting you. LOL
haha wow joined back in 05 lol you have been here a while. um..... welcome? lol
Old 09-12-2008, 10:53 PM

Yea times have definately changed since I was a newb here a few years back.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:03 PM

I has gone... premium. woot
Old 09-12-2008, 11:03 PM

I've been here since Oct 2005... and yeah I use to post alot but now a days I just come on here to check out the Texas section, classifieds, and occasionally the lounge. But back in the days when good times were had and all got along well I was all over the place, but its all changed but I guess thats the way everything goes.... times change or am I just getting to old.... nah just people change..... sometimes I cry knowing what css.net has become.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:07 PM

I don't have as much seniority as some other people but I agree. It's your car, do what makes you happy. If you don't like it then don't post, very simple.
Old 09-12-2008, 11:26 PM

i is old skool

but yea i agree fbaero 100%
Old 09-12-2008, 11:53 PM

fbaero- You are correct and I agree 100%. The bitching is killing the site!!!

Originally Posted by wardzach2007
I agree. There are alot of people who rag on people for not knowing. THATS WHY THEY'RE POSTING BECAUSE THEY NEED HELP
Amen Brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-13-2008, 12:20 AM

Originally Posted by fbaero10
Im talking about the original post ******, and great people who made this site what it is.

Its not just me but there are ALOT of older members that we all knew and loved that do not come to this site because of the new flock of ignorant members on this site. Im tired of reading about people ragging on people just for typing things certain ways.

Just a few moments ago i saw someone bust on someone who said they are putting nos in the car.. and more than 5 people jumped down this guys throat. The worst part was.. is that he actually purchased a NOS bottle.. thats what he wanted and thats what he said he got. and everyone jumps to F and the furious crap and "naws" .. this site is just getting really old. Im calling out the true people who knew myself and a few others including reignmaster or reignss. dc5 and all those other cool guys.. We gotta do something about this site, even if its the admins need to clean out some of these kids...

anyone else agree? disguss?
i think you hit it right on the nose man!!
Old 09-13-2008, 01:31 AM
Banned

You know what i'm supprised about and i probably shouldn't mention it and sorry if it gets locked but this hasn't gotten locked yet... akward...
Old 09-13-2008, 01:35 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by fbaero10
Im talking about the original post ******, and great people who made this site what it is.

Its not just me but there are ALOT of older members that we all knew and loved that do not come to this site because of the new flock of ignorant members on this site. Im tired of reading about people ragging on people just for typing things certain ways.

Just a few moments ago i saw someone bust on someone who said they are putting nos in the car.. and more than 5 people jumped down this guys throat. The worst part was.. is that he actually purchased a NOS bottle.. thats what he wanted and thats what he said he got. and everyone jumps to F and the furious crap and "naws" .. this site is just getting really old. Im calling out the true people who knew myself and a few others including reignmaster or reignss. dc5 and all those other cool guys.. We gotta do something about this site, even if its the admins need to clean out some of these kids...

anyone else agree? disguss?
This is a mediocre community at best. The only online community that I have been a part of ( puts flame suit on) that is worse than CSS.NET is ******* World of Warcraft. LAWLZ ZOMG NEWB

Give me my 10$ back via paypal that I paid for my Premium membership less than a month ago.. and I will never log in here again.

Some great people here though too.

I honestly payed 10$ to have access to the ..ohhhhhh.. ahhhhh.. wait... wait for it.. DUNN DUNN DUNNNN "Dungeon" forum

Where I was allowed to view that ultra top-secret "Workchat thread" and Jailbait thread.

All the while watching true discussion being censored by over-moderation.

10$ here gets you a Jailbait thread where people just grab pix from jailbait.com and post them like they just discovered internet **** yesterday.
Old 09-13-2008, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by 08sport
You know what i'm supprised about and i probably shouldn't mention it and sorry if it gets locked but this hasn't gotten locked yet... akward...
x2... give it til the morning
Old 09-13-2008, 01:41 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 08sport
i see your logic about the car prices have droped and the younger people can afford then but can we get something on base here i'm cool with you guys right?? i mean i'm "young" and i'll joke around a bit but i mean no seriousness
Anyone who brings up the fact that majority of cobalt owners are younger.. younger = immature..... I would like to point you to the thread where there is a video of a GTO club doing burnouts and getting sideways merging into oncoming traffic, until one of them smashes into another car.. and then attempts to run.

Everyone thinks Price matters and age matters... I see older people do stupid **** all the time.

Less than 1 hour ago, a family member of mine who doubles me in age came home from work drunk as a skunk.... drove 30 miles home.. stinking of vodka...... age don't mean ****.

You can find more thoughtful discussion and maturity than is here at css.net over @ www.worldofwarcraft.com
Old 09-13-2008, 01:42 AM
Haz l33t wheelz.

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
werd to the OP.
Old 09-13-2008, 02:09 AM

its good seein alot of you guys comin back i remember the good memories we had.. zach we deffinately have to set something up again with tyler, stef, atleast who else is all around. i talk to cheryl every now and then on aim.

amen to killerbee, red2006ss(zach), dragonsfire, firedude, afireinside, hatedcobalt(tyler) , ls1fbody

all you guys i remember havin some good laughs and good convos with you guys. and alot of other ones out there.. thats what im talkin about.. re-unite this entire site, put the pieces back together
Old 09-13-2008, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by UmeNNis
I want Adam back.

/thread
Defffffinitely...he kept a lot of energy around here.

A lot of good points were brought up. And for the record, age has nothing to do with it. I'm 17 (turning 18 in a month)...I joined when I was 16. dman090 is the same age and he holds a lot of seniority on the forum too.

I may not post as often as some of you guys...but I've been here for a while and maybe visit once a day now; nothing much compared to my old once every hour when I had the chance.
Old 09-13-2008, 03:48 AM

Good thread guys. A lot of valid points have been made and agree with all of them. This one of the main reasons im hardly ever on here now. I havent been on as much as some of you guys have, nor post no where near as much. But I get around and help out when I can or ask for help when im lost. Nice to see some of you guys and gals coming back. Glad to see you havent left for good. Keep this thread alive and clean and we wont have any problems.
Old 09-13-2008, 08:15 AM

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I've only been on here a couple months but I have noticed a LOT of useless bashing. Glad to see that the older members are still here, just not posting. I came here to learn about what I can and can't do to my Cobalt because I'm not very car smart. I haven't been bashed too hard yet but it's just annoying that people feel the need to come in and tell you your ideas suck just because they don't like it.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:15 AM

Originally Posted by FiscalFizz
This is a mediocre community at best. The only online community that I have been a part of ( puts flame suit on) that is worse than CSS.NET is ******* World of Warcraft. LAWLZ ZOMG NEWB

Give me my 10$ back via paypal that I paid for my Premium membership less than a month ago.. and I will never log in here again.

Some great people here though too.

I honestly payed 10$ to have access to the ..ohhhhhh.. ahhhhh.. wait... wait for it.. DUNN DUNN DUNNNN "Dungeon" forum

Where I was allowed to view that ultra top-secret "Workchat thread" and Jailbait thread.

All the while watching true discussion being censored by over-moderation.

10$ here gets you a Jailbait thread where people just grab pix from jailbait.com and post them like they just discovered internet **** yesterday.
mods, can we make this happen?
Old 09-13-2008, 10:22 AM
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I think you guys need some perspective.

The problem you are all experiencing is short-sightedness. About every 6 months or so like clockwork in the 3 years I've been here, a group of new members start to click together. They develop this sense of privledge, as if they have been here long enough to know everything about the site. Then they get cocky, and talk down to other members for asking a question. "JEEEEEsus man, use the search!!" As soon as I see somebody post that, I now they are going to be trouble.

Then one of those people get all self righteous and makes posts and threads about how the site sucks. They get banned and they think they are some kind of martyr. Then all of that guys little buddies jump on his band wagon and they get banned too. About a month will go buy (we are in that month right now) and all the trouble makers are cleaned out, the rest of the members start relaxing, and the site goes back to normal. The cycle starts again in 6 months.

I can tell you for a fact there are members in this thread right here that have a ban yet coming if they don't chill out. And once they are gone, they are quickly forgotten, and things go back to normal.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:28 AM

Originally Posted by UmeNNis
I want Adam back.

/thread
yes Adam was very coo!

when I got my SC and joined this place (member #8590) was one of the best forums I have ever been on, I met some of my "new" best friends right here!!! nice helpful considerate people, there were very few haters.... now it seem like BASH CITY! I find myself logging on less and less..... but things change, the TC.... people sell their rides and that's life!!!
My motto is if you can't say something constructive, Don't say anything!!! and people feel a need to bash others ideas of making their cars unique.

I was just reading the thread on the guy who wants to stretch his tires on wider wheels.... they are beating the crap out of this guy, who was just asking if anyone had any info on it...DAMN, brutal!!
Old 09-13-2008, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by afireinside7710
mods, can we make this happen?
Honestly I don't think anyone should be getting refunds just because we're unhappy with the site. That's pretty much the only funding Jonel gets for server costs and it's not right to ask for it back. It's only $10...

Originally Posted by Halfcent

The problem you are all experiencing is short-sightedness. About every 6 months or so like clockwork in the 3 years I've been here, a group of new members start to click together. They develop this sense of privledge, as if they have been here long enough to know everything about the site. Then they get cocky, and talk down to other members for asking a question. "JEEEEEsus man, use the search!!" As soon as I see somebody post that, I now they are going to be trouble.

Then one of those people get all self righteous and makes posts and threads about how the site sucks. They get banned and they think they are some kind of martyr. Then all of that guys little buddies jump on his band wagon and they get banned too. About a month will go buy (we are in that month right now) and all the trouble makers are cleaned out, the rest of the members start relaxing, and the site goes back to normal. The cycle starts again in 6 months.

I can tell you for a fact there are members in this thread right here that have a ban yet coming if they don't chill out. And once they are gone, they are quickly forgotten, and things go back to normal.
That's a really good point. I think this "cycle" is just more noticeable this time. Some people on here need to chill out and learn their place. No one is "above" anyone (excluding mods/Jonel ) and we need to think about how we we were treated when we were n00bs. I know I was warmly welcomed and that's why I'm still here.
Old 09-13-2008, 10:46 AM

Originally Posted by Halfcent

wisdom from the mods. I have seen this cycle a few times, and i know exactly what you are talking about half

Originally Posted by kkanowitz
Honestly I don't think anyone should be getting refunds just because we're unhappy with the site. That's pretty much the only funding Jonel gets for server costs and it's not right to ask for it back. It's only $10...
lol well hey, if its the only way to make him happy, i say give it to him

That's a really good point. I think this "cycle" is just more noticeable this time. Some people on here need to chill out and learn their place. No one is "above" anyone (excluding mods/Jonel ) and we need to think about how we we were treated when we were n00bs. I know I was warmly welcomed and that's why I'm still here.
I also remember when i first came to the site. i was over in .com and already had alot of knowledge about the cobalt, cobalt future, and the ecotec family of engines. Everyone that greeted me was nice (and a lot of them are no longer here ). I had no problem finding things on the site, and if i had a question i just asked. I really love the site and I would gladly pay 20 a year for the site

Last edited by afireinside7710; 09-13-2008 at 10:46 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quick Reply: Calling All True Css.net Members