Site Development and Help Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help
View Poll Results: Should post count be eliminated from the user info?
Yes
23.62%
No
49.75%
Do not count Lounge/Dungeon posts
26.63%
Voters: 199. You may not vote on this poll

Should CSS.net hide Post Count?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 02:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Raven SS
whats a ***** post tho? someone posting "hey how do i put this header on" in a tech section or "hey how u guys doing today at work" in the lounge?
because the "hey how do i put on a header" post is helping the community. but the "hey how u guys doing today at work" isnt helping at all, that can be taken to pm
Old 03-10-2008, 02:32 AM

i dunno there is more bullshit in the tech sections than that go on in work chats and ***** threads

Originally Posted by saunders1986
because the "hey how do i put on a header" post is helping the community. but the "hey how u guys doing today at work" isnt helping at all, that can be taken to pm
yea but when its posted 50000 times...its no different than a ***** thread...

Last edited by Raven SS; 03-10-2008 at 02:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-10-2008, 02:32 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Acey
What about a respect rating like airliners.net forums? Quick screen cap:
The rep system has been tried here, it does not work, the forum is not mature enough as a whole for it to be an affective measure of ones knowledge or contribution to the site.

I think Witt made the best post so far, as usual
Old 03-10-2008, 02:33 AM

Thats why tech sections need to be moderated.... ANd the lounge you can post whatever you want.

Originally Posted by KillerBee
Yours or your g/fs
A little bit of both

Last edited by OneSlowGto; 03-10-2008 at 02:33 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-10-2008, 02:33 AM

and i got so much **** for my avatar before (the reason why i only had 2 green boxes) and no one says **** about this one...wtf?
Old 03-10-2008, 02:34 AM

Originally Posted by Raven SS
and i got so much **** for my avatar before (the reason why i only had 2 green boxes) and no one says **** about this one...wtf?
I just read it and I think its hilarious lol
Old 03-10-2008, 02:34 AM

you guys have to remember we are a car community. not a "life" community...... i could care less who u bang, or if ur having girl issues...
Old 03-10-2008, 02:35 AM

Originally Posted by REIGN SS
I think Witt made the best post so far, as usual
I'm drunk and don't count.

BTW, speaking of whoring, I think I met you once at a Columbus meet a while back. We had to cut it short though at Quaker Steak because of some drama going on at the time (car people dating other car people ftl).
Old 03-10-2008, 02:36 AM

Originally Posted by OneSlowGto
Thats why tech sections need to be moderated.... ANd the lounge you can post whatever you want.

A little bit of both
Its ok i am sure they gave you much love
Old 03-10-2008, 02:37 AM

you guys have to remember we are a car community. not a "life" community...... i could care less who u bang, or if ur having girl issues...
yea but even honda tech has a general discussion...this is an open forum yea the my girlfriend left me threads need to die...but so does the bashing for street racing and hids in stock housing..
Old 03-10-2008, 02:37 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Witt
I'm definetly guilty of this, as well as quite a few people I chat with in other means outside of this forum. I guess its the comraderie that develops when you have something in common within a small group out of a large bunch.
Yes, some might consider any of the regional chat threads "*****" thread, but they are not, They are kind of a catch-all for the local talk, the ***** threads were started for the same reason. A single place for you to spout/goof/laugh/random/chat post about stuff without going crazy OT in other threads.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:39 AM

i disagree. alot of people on this site are friends. and like to talk to one another. alot of people want opinions, or have problems. we're human. if u don't like it, then don't read it dude. like u never have problems?

idk about u, but i did pray for ravens son damien, and i'm glad as hell he beat cancer. i'm glad raven thinks of us enough to share something like that. so u mean to say u didn't care about that?
Old 03-10-2008, 02:39 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Witt
I'm drunk and don't count.

BTW, speaking of whoring, I think I met you once at a Columbus meet a while back. We had to cut it short though at Quaker Steak because of some drama going on at the time (car people dating other car people ftl).
Yea i was there, we always wondered what the drama was & why you guys left so early... you guys should come out for the one on April 19th
Old 03-10-2008, 02:40 AM

Originally Posted by cobalt_driver
i disagree. alot of people on this site are friends. and like to talk to one another. alot of people want opinions, or have problems. we're human. if u don't like it, then don't read it dude. like u never have problems?

idk about u, but i did pray for ravens son damien, and i'm glad as hell he beat cancer. i'm glad raven thinks of us enough to share something like that. so u mean to say u didn't care about that?
oh yes.... bring up the one time i did care...................... what i'm tryin to say is, if i'm having girl issues i talk to my real friends, not post up a topic
Old 03-10-2008, 02:43 AM

i agree with the friend thing..some stuff gets left to pms but for the most part some is for the open public..like right now in between this thread i am pm'ing with witt...if we wanted to we could ***** this thread but why? its not general talk to the public

oh yes.... bring up the one time i did care...................... what i'm tryin to say is, if i'm having girl issues i talk to my real friends, not people on the .net.
call it corny all u want but some of us have become close enough to be really good friends..like me and witt are the only 2 in the world to own a built cobalt ss/htv...nothing none of my friends can share with me...just me and witt..IN THE WORLD...

Last edited by Raven SS; 03-10-2008 at 02:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-10-2008, 02:44 AM

real friends? whats a real friend? a friend is a friend dude. i kinda understood ur post, but now it just makes no sense. i consider people on this site my friends. sometimes if u have a problem, n u talk about it with an entire community of people rather than 1-4 friends, u get alot more responses and solutions. thats like saying, "U go to work to work. Not to make friends and bullshit or talk to people unless it's work related." thats what ur basically saying.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:46 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

But, cars and tuning is a life, and in a way its good that we can interact and make friends, I don't mind the OT stuff, but the GF threads annoy me slightly... I think the Lounge is a necessary evil to keep the community active, and I would never want to do away with it, or the posts. Now should it count towards your post count, no; because it really doesn't further the information on the site, but it sure is nice to bond with other members.

I am part of a few forums, most i post and that is it; .net is different, its like an actual community instead of just a forum, you make friends, meet new people, share experiences and knowledge.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:46 AM

Originally Posted by cobalt_driver
real friends? whats a real friend? a friend is a friend dude. i kinda understood ur post, but now it just makes no sense. i consider people on this site my friends. sometimes if u have a problem, n u talk about it with an entire community of people rather than 1-4 friends, u get alot more responses and solutions. thats like saying, "U go to work to work. Not to make friends and bullshit or talk to people unless it's work related." thats what ur basically saying.
i agree with this too..im married..with 2 kids..i spend all day at work bullshiting with bryan (area47) then play some forza2 at home with him..so we havent meet in person we still talk more than "my friends"
Old 03-10-2008, 02:47 AM

yup.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:47 AM

ok driver. let me ask you, why did u join? because u wanted to talk about cobalts, or because u wanted to talk about girls and life
Old 03-10-2008, 02:49 AM
Platinum Member

like ryan said, this site is not mature enough to have a rep system. we've tried it before and failed. i just don't see this site ever being mature enough (no disrespect to the mature members out there) to handle something like a rep system. car forums dedicated to econo vehicles usually have immature members, sad to say, that ruin any type of system like the rep system. i used to post in socalrsx forums for a couple of years until noobs came in and ruined the site. we eventually had to shut it down because we didn't like the way the forum was heading. many of the admins/mods got rid of their rsx, including me, and got something either w/ more hp/tq or went luxury, like i did.
Old 03-10-2008, 02:50 AM

ok driver. let me ask you, why did u join? because u wanted to talk about cobalts, or because u wanted to talk about girls and life
I joined for the cobalt but now i am a premium member its because of everything talking just about cars all the times gets old and you run out of stuff to talk about just my opinion
Old 03-10-2008, 02:50 AM

how many people dont own cobalts on this site? but still stay....its a good community
Old 03-10-2008, 02:51 AM

i remember when the .net was full of useful info, now its mostly ***** treads and "girl problem" treads ....... we have lost some very knowledgeable people because of the way things are going (an0m being one of them)
Old 03-10-2008, 02:52 AM
Platinum Member

i joined the forum not even owning a cobalt. i joined to get more info on the cobalt for a co-worker who recently purchased one. she doesn't even have it anymore but i'm still here. got promoted along the way.

Quick Reply: Should CSS.net hide Post Count?