Site Development and Help Site Discussions, Suggestions, and Help
View Poll Results: Should talk of Illegal activities be banned?
Yes
36.00%
No
64.00%
Voters: 25. You may not vote on this poll

A suggestion

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 08:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
no its ok....i also think the problem is the fact that most of the people on here are under 25 years of age so they havent hit that stage where things start to make sense and they become a cohesive part of society. Hell I just hit that about April/May of 07 and I am going to be 21 here at the end of march...will i get **** faced yes, will i drive no, will i act like an ass if i am feeling frisky, but like my dad says you have all life to get drunk you dont need to go over board
Old 02-25-2008, 08:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ya im the same way. im 22, yes i like to have a drink if i go out with the friends but thats all it is, 1 drink. when i go to the clubs i drive, i don't drink because i like being able to drive and drive my friends home and know that they are safe after a night of having fun. that and way too many cops out on friday and saturday nights not worth risking my license, my job and my decent insurance rate as well as the more important risks of killing myself, my friends or others.
Old 02-25-2008, 08:54 PM

but some people dont have that thinking
Old 02-25-2008, 08:55 PM

sadly not. the 2 month long wait list in my dealership's body shop is proof of that. and thats just to get the vehicle booked in. add about another month onto that for repairs at minimum
Old 02-25-2008, 08:59 PM

vote on it.. we are all muture people on this thread.. why not put a vote in on it and see what people think.. the the people on this site choose......<--------- JUST AN IDEA, THROWIN IT OUT THERE
Old 02-25-2008, 09:01 PM

yeah i bet there is alot of DUI in canada in some of the more remote places

i cant edit a poll into this thread

Last edited by redlineblueline; 02-25-2008 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-25-2008, 09:05 PM

ya they actually have instituted program for people that rely on driving for their job so they put a blower system in the vehicle and if it is tampered with then the cops are called, and if you blow over the vehicle is disabled. whats funny is im the only one out of about 25 guys that can get the cars/trucks with those installed to start lol. and i don't drink alot.
Old 02-25-2008, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by REIGN SS
But, the thing is, when a user first comes onto the site, they see the 10 most recent threads, what kind of image does "Street Racer Thread" "I'm going to hell" "Official Jailbait thread" "driving HIGH" type threads on the front page say about the community?
Not to mention I've completely QUIT going on the site at work. I used to pop on here and there when I was on my breaks and such, but damn.....if someone popped up behind me and saw what's on the front page of this site the majority of the time, I'd definitely get in trouble for it.
Old 02-26-2008, 12:17 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Matt A
vote on it.. we are all muture people on this thread.. why not put a vote in on it and see what people think.. the the people on this site choose......<--------- JUST AN IDEA, THROWIN IT OUT THERE
Doesn't matter, last thread like this ended the same way, even tho it had a poll

Originally Posted by redlineblueline
i cant edit a poll into this thread
I can add one if you like
Old 02-26-2008, 12:23 AM

would you ?
Old 02-26-2008, 12:27 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

done
Old 02-26-2008, 12:27 AM

you da man reign
Old 02-26-2008, 12:43 AM

havent read the whole thread so sorry if i repeat anything

im on this forum almost every day and i think its great the way it is. there are tons of really informative posts iv learnd everything about my car from this site and i recomend ot to ppl all the time. but at the same time i come here to get a good laugh theres always a funny thread or 2 popping up, i street race here and there (so sue me) when i do i make sure the only one in danger is myself and the other driver, and i enjoy reading the kill stories it makes the forum enjoyable. not to mention we have sections dedicated to raceing and to talk about random bullshit, and i think for the most part the forum moderates itself anyone who gets to outta line get flamed or what ever you wanna call it. this forum is a community just like the one you or I live in now imagin your community if you were banned from haveing any fun at all, if what you were doing / talking about isnt work related you will be arrested and excommunicated from your town, village, clan, city, what ever you live in. its gonna turn into a salem witch trial anyone who does something different is gonna be banned
Old 02-26-2008, 12:47 AM

no its not the street racing fact the fact of the matter is the image this site is putting out to the world being the #4 google entry for chevy cobalt so anyone who would google that and come on here and see the stuff mentioned in the first post would be like WTF
Old 02-26-2008, 12:55 AM

i understand what your saying.
but i just dont feel this site gives that bad of an image. yea its got a few members that cause problems and that dont get along with people, but your gonna get that anywere. and anyone who comes here to learn isnt gonna have a problem with that just click the search button and youll pronel find what your looking for. but i mean theres only so much cobalt related stuff you can talk about i mean we alrady have many duplicate threads out there. it will only get worse if you cut out all the friendly chatter. i personally wont be on the forum as much i know no one on here cares about one member who know one really knows, but i doubt id be the only one to leave and i could almost gaurentee that the forum activity drops off alot.
i get what your saying about how we present our selfs to the world, but i dont see it being bad enough to make such a drastic change.
if i go to another country the 1st thing i would probly say is WTF thats just the way it is
Old 02-26-2008, 01:12 AM

yeah we're not talking banning stupid threads just about illegal activities...drug use, the jailbait issue, underage drinking, like i said you do it cool just dont post it up on this forum...want to bs about politics and the world hell yeah bring it on...its the same way without swearing in thread titles
Old 02-26-2008, 04:58 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 22486
btw i had the bad launch it was raining and i was the one peeling tire with my bald continentals. 0-40 burnout.. on our first run second was when i got him good.
/discussion
Old 02-26-2008, 05:23 AM

so does this mean that you want me to stop talking about my tinted tail lights, modified exhaust, modified tune, modified gauges, modified right hight....get where im going...this is all illegal except on "off road vehichles" also, we would need to ban all army personel that have sex in any position but missionary,..... they cant be police, and by doing this, we would loose more members then we would gain....soooo

i vote no
Old 02-26-2008, 08:21 AM

this whole thing is over basically what is show in the top 10 most read threads that appear on the home page. now im sure there is a way to filter which ones go on there. lets say the jailbait thread which is supposed to be in the dungeon makes it on there. make a filter to keep all dungeon created threads or something along those lines off of the top 10. just a suggestion
Old 02-26-2008, 08:33 AM

Maybe if this is possible, When you aren't logged in, aka just someone searching the car, that the top 10 items could exclude the racing section and the lounge. That will take out the problems of someone just searching and finding all that stuff.
I don't know if that is possible, but i thought it was just a good suggestion.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:38 AM

yeah thats what i am getting at is someway to not promote that kind of stuff to visitors to the site
Old 02-26-2008, 08:38 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

it is possible for the Admin to choose which section the "recent posts" on the front page are pulled from
Old 02-26-2008, 08:40 AM

also, if dungeon threads didnt come up in the recent topics list i'd go premium, i mostly search this site at work.
Old 02-26-2008, 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by REIGN SS
it is possible for the Admin to choose which section the "recent posts" on the front page are pulled from
is it also possible to lock non members out of the lounge and war stories section...i know other forums where visitors can only get in certain sections
Old 02-26-2008, 08:44 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by redlineblueline
is it also possible to lock non members out of the lounge and war stories section...i know other forums where visitors can only get in certain sections
Yes, you can set the permissions of guests to not be able to view certain sections of the forum, that is how it is on MWE. It would same way the non-premiums cant see the Dungeon... (But, I don't think Jonel would go this far tho)

Quick Reply: A suggestion