South Mountain UT, AZ, NM, and CO
View Poll Results: Time to leave? (Oct. 15th 2006)
7:00 a.m. less traffic higher chance of finding a good spot!
81.48%
9:00 a.m. more traffic less chance of finding a good spot.
18.52%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Sedona Trip!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 04:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sedona Trip!

IF YOU ARE NOT IN ARIZONA OR ARE NOT PLANNING ON GOING PLEASE DO NOT VOTE.

Pasted from previous thread

Official Sedona Trip thread

Where: We are doing a road trip to Sedona (no side trips).

Why #1: Cus it's a cool place.

What: This will consist of slow speed driving (no more than ~5 above speed limit) through the red rock passes. This can also be thought of as a get together/meet n greet for those new to the group in general.

Why #2: Cus noone wants to get a ticket or get hurt.

When: This will be on the 15th of October 2006. Times will be posted for voting shortly though previous runs have had a popular start time of ~7 am to and end time of roughly 4pm.

Why #3: Cus it will be freezing cold after that.

Who: Cobalt, Redline drivers or more. Since this isn't some kind of Enduro race through the mountains others can be invited though it would be nice to keep it Cobalt and Redline for the Wow! factor a large number of similar cars can bring.

This trip is in an area where large amounts of people spend vacations and honeymoons so driving fast has to be avoided cus we don't want to make trouble or cause an accident. As mentioned previously this is not a Time Attack run through the mountains so if that is what you are aiming for you may not want to be on this trip.

I am scoping out some areas to do our drive and the Red Rock State Park has a large amount of parking and roads available which can support a large group of cars. Some mixed information says that you might have to pay for parking in the actual park area but i still have to see about that cus other information says only crescent moon ranch charges for parking. Just in case we are charged I will try to phone ahead to see if we can get a discount. There are picnic areas there as well so we can possibly turn this into a park and fry outing and get our grubb on while we take pics of our cars in the red rock area. If we do a park and fry we need to know who can actually cook worth a damn so we don't burn stuff. This would be a good thing to invite someone that can assist with this part.

edit: Thx to the following members the results have been affected

Bad06SS, Born2Reign, CTCOBALTSSS, Frank2029, Pauly204, SCobaltblu, Scythe_Snake, SgtC, stuve, VictoryRed06

BlkSS4dr, lildudeus

as of 9:53 sept 23 the results are 6 for 7 - 1 for 9

Last edited by OniMirage; 09-28-2006 at 12:58 AM.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:56 PM

some people may be wondering why a 2 hour spread? well the previous runs had votes seperated by a large gap in time. this was supposed to be attributed to people coming from long distances but as seen previously people that did come from long distances actually got to the meet before those that were just wanting to be lazy. People have drivin from as far as Tucson to meet with us at 7 so we could leave.

This looks to be a casual outing with cars, food and fun while in the red rock mountains. The drive we do while there will likely be up to around the slide rock area. The drive up will be on the major highway while the drive back would probably be through an alternative scenic route through Cottenwood. Camera's are a must for people that have never been to the red rock area video and still alike will both be exhausted with the amount of views that can be seen so be sure to have a lil extra to spare.

We also will need to decide on the types of foods people will want to bring/eat while we are up there. Tom has already voiced his ability to cook stuff though one person can't cook for a group so if anyone else has the skillz speak up.
Old 09-26-2006, 05:35 PM

I voted for 7 am. I have to wake up for school at 6 every morning, so waking up early doesn't bother me. Plus I HATE TRAFFIC!!! This trip is going to be a blast, however, we ARE drivers of vehicles equipped with the LSJ which has tons of power (some more than others) just waiting to be let loose. I think we can count on at least 1 or 2 highspeed sections weather or not you or I participate. Hey as long as the ticket doesn't have my name on it I don't care!
Old 09-26-2006, 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by Blown 4-banger
I voted for 7 am. I have to wake up for school at 6 every morning, so waking up early doesn't bother me. Plus I HATE TRAFFIC!!! This trip is going to be a blast, however, we ARE drivers of vehicles equipped with the LSJ which has tons of power (some more than others) just waiting to be let loose. I think we can count on at least 1 or 2 highspeed sections weather or not you or I participate. Hey as long as the ticket doesn't have my name on it I don't care!
This isn't the payson or canyon run. like I said in the other thread we aren't going to let loose since this is a casual outing. if you want to run fast this isn't a trip for you. Your disregard for anyone in the group saying you do not care who gets a ticket as long as it isn't you clearly shows this would not be a trip you would be interested in. I plan on keeping the group out of trouble since the cops up their drive vettes so if you wanna test your luck go right on ahead.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:48 PM

Just remember, all my cooking skills consist of is lighting stuff on fire and knowing when to put it out. Help would be appreciated.

I voted early, but I honestly don't care. I don't like to get up that early, but it would be worthwhile for this trip.

Edit - there are some great day-camp spots along Oak Creek with grills supplied, but parking is a little tight. May still be worth looking in to, though.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:48 PM

I never once said I was going to go fast! WTF its like everything I say you turn it around and try to make me look bad! I am definatly not going to go fast because if I got a ticket I might as well sell my car, my insurnace would increase by 75% for a speeding ticket. Plus it was MY idea for a trip up north anyway!
Old 09-26-2006, 06:51 PM

I never once said I was going to go fast! WTF its like everything I say you turn it around and try to make me look bad! I am definatly not going to go fast because if I got a ticket I might as well sell my car, my insurnace would increase by 75% for a speeding ticket. Plus it was MY idea for a trip up north anyway!
I think we can count on at least 1 or 2 highspeed sections weather or not you or I participate. Hey as long as the ticket doesn't have my name on it I don't care!
It's not a stretch to interpret that as you wanting to go fast.
Just be careful!
Old 09-26-2006, 06:59 PM

god you take things the wrong way so often. notice my use of words I never said that you were going to go fast only that your words hinted at that fact as tom pointed out. school man pay attention it's good for you. Yes it 'was' your 'idea' but noone stepped it up so I took over so that we can actually get interest from people to go. If you want everyone to know it was 'your' 'idea' I will right a disclaimer but if not I will continue as intended.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:05 PM

Questions....were do the south and east people plan to meet? Some of the North and West may want to meet up here and jump in the cruise as you guys come up here. I don't care. I will drive down there if I have too.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:21 AM

Hey, Im blubatmobile from the Redline Forums. I know my screen name says I have a Cobalt but I made this account before I bought my car and sided with the Redline. I think its great that OniMirage is stating this to be a low speed cruise. Thats one reason I dont like going on these cause everyone wants to do 100mph and I cant afford a ticket, and then I gotta sell my baby!! But Im all up for this trip. I think Im the only East Valley Redline going, so where can I meet up with some people?? Im going to try and get my buddy Jon to go with his Redline, but who knows! thanks
Adam
Old 09-27-2006, 01:12 AM

Originally Posted by OniMirage
god you take things the wrong way so often. notice my use of words I never said that you were going to go fast only that your words hinted at that fact as tom pointed out. school man pay attention it's good for you. Yes it 'was' your 'idea' but noone stepped it up so I took over so that we can actually get interest from people to go. If you want everyone to know it was 'your' 'idea' I will right a disclaimer but if not I will continue as intended.
When I said "we can count on at least 1 or 2 high speed sections" I meant other people doing it! I'm not stupid enough to risk a ticket that severe. I just want to go on the cruise and have fun, I don't see why you want to make this like a school field trip, with rules and stuff. Seriously, say were on our way up there and one of the guys decides to let his car go on straight stretch of road. Are you gonna make him go home or something?
Old 09-27-2006, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by boost
Questions....were do the south and east people plan to meet? Some of the North and West may want to meet up here and jump in the cruise as you guys come up here. I don't care. I will drive down there if I have too.

Last time I and 2 others met at the Best Buy on Litchfield and I-10. I plan on going so if anybody in the Surprise, Glendale, Avondale area wants to meet up let me know.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:40 AM

quit bitching, I don't even get to go
Old 09-27-2006, 04:38 AM

don't worry the gov. won't let me go over 108 anyways, so I'm down...

I'm not really a morning person and will have probably only went to sleep a couple hours before 7 but I am going to try to make it then.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:47 PM

When I said "we can count on at least 1 or 2 high speed sections" I meant other people doing it! I'm not stupid enough to risk a ticket that severe. I just want to go on the cruise and have fun, I don't see why you want to make this like a school field trip, with rules and stuff. Seriously, say were on our way up there and one of the guys decides to let his car go on straight stretch of road. Are you gonna make him go home or something?
well I am no ones daddy so if anyone goes fast that's on them and the caravan aint gonna pull over to wait. There always needs to be common rules people need to abide by for the better enjoyment for the group as a whole otherwise people don't feel secure in joining a large group of otherwise unknown people. I dunno why your asking such questions, it's as if you 'want' to know the rules so you can figure out how to break them. I am not getting in trouble again and if there are certain rules I need to follow that I feel will make others secure in their decision to come along then so be it. You don't need to drive fast to have fun and you can't have fun if you get pulled over.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:53 PM

SONUVABITCH! That is the only weekend I can't go. I'm getting married on the 14th and will be in Scotland the 15th.

GODDAMMIT!!!
Old 09-27-2006, 12:57 PM

Why would your insurance go up at all for a speeding ticket? Insurance companies don't care unless they have to pay something.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:12 PM

Originally Posted by cawpin
SONUVABITCH! That is the only weekend I can't go. I'm getting married on the 14th and will be in Scotland the 15th.

GODDAMMIT!!!
damn that would be AWESOME to go to scottland all that green ... dude take a camera and takes lots of pictures I would love to see that place.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by hennessey833
quit bitching, I don't even get to go
you cant go? damnit that sucks.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by cawpin
Why would your insurance go up at all for a speeding ticket? Insurance companies don't care unless they have to pay something.
They look for any reason possible to raise your rates.
Old 09-27-2006, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Tomtwtwtw
They look for any reason possible to raise your rates.
mine didnt go up ... knock on wood
Old 09-27-2006, 01:46 PM

7am would be good. i hate the mornings but it'll work. lol
Old 09-27-2006, 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by OniMirage
mine didnt go up ... knock on wood
Yeah, but didn't you take the class? I don't remember...I wasn't around yet at the time.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by Tomtwtwtw
Yeah, but didn't you take the class? I don't remember...I wasn't around yet at the time.
see your required to take the class and pay the fine. I had already used my free ticket beforehand on a redlight ticket (which was bs). I dunno if they take points off for that though cus if they did I probably wouldn't be driving right now cus of previous tickets from my 3000gt.

edit: insurance companies normally don't hit you with fee's unless your involved in an accident.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:32 PM

I dunno, I guess it's hit or miss. I have had some of my friends insurance rates get jacked up come renewal time because of tickets gotten in previous months, and it usually stays that way for a year or so.

Anyway - back to the trip. Where are us EV guys going to meet up? I would suggest somewhere in Tempe - perhaps the Quiktrip on Hardy and Warner. It's only a mile from the I-10. No point in heading farther east only to head back west.

Comments? Suggestions?

Quick Reply: Sedona Trip!