Supporting Vendor Deals & Group Purchases For Supporting Vendors ONLY!

>>>> ARK INTRO GB - Coilover System <<<<<

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2008, 08:34 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
maybe you can postpone the pre-order date untill the testing is done and all results are posted?
Old 03-27-2008, 08:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ARKracing
I'm sure if you drop 3" it will rub your fender and make a big damage or serious accident. It is not just drop high and low, think about mechanism and enginner momentum balance to cobalt. And also, if you drop 3", you definately will rub axle with coilover bottom of bracket.
I'm sure you'd be fine dropping 2inches or more.. More you'd have to roll the fenders more probably.. I'm not trying to downtalk your product.. I'm just throwing out suggestions for you.. But i see where you guys are coming from with the 1.5 inch drop trying to protect our cars..

after looking further on the first post.. what makes these so much better than springs that drop 1.5 inches.. I mean is there a 1-32 adjustability or 1-16. I see adjustable camber.. but I can't justify spending this much more on the same amount of drop. Let me know what I'm missing I'd love to hear about it.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:41 PM

Originally Posted by D4u2s0t
maybe you can postpone the pre-order date untill the testing is done and all results are posted?
i think that would be a great idea.
also, what about the adjustable hieght? is there any kind of warranty that would come with these if they were to rust out and were not adjustable anymore?
Old 03-27-2008, 10:34 PM

Ive had them on for about a week. Everything has been good. Ride didnt get much rougher, but the car has stiffened up quite a bit. It might not sound like a big drop, but ive dragged my exhaust once or twice getting in and out of driveways. Here are some pics of the side view, better pics to come once car is washed.

Old 03-28-2008, 09:46 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by stavros
i think that would be a great idea.
also, what about the adjustable hieght? is there any kind of warranty that would come with these if they were to rust out and were not adjustable anymore?
me too. putting out a non-refundable deposit for parts that are not made or really tested yet just doesn't sit well for some reason. I would love to get in on the group buy, because i really don't want to spend 2 grand on coilovers, but at the same time I feel like we would be paying for the R&D costs and manufacturing costs. They look like a great product, and i'm sure they are, but god forbid we put down deposits, and the guy that has them on the car posts back in a few weeks saying they're shot. then what, we're all out of $500 deposits? It's been on a car for a week, and when the deposits are due it will be on for about 3 weeks, and that's not really enough time to be able to decide how reliable they are, and what problems they may have. I'm sure if problems come up they will be fixed and re-designed, but if something like that happens when it's on your car, that's a problem.

i guess i would also like to know what kind of warranty these parts will have, and what happens if they don't perform the way they're supposed to.

i'm not tryin to knock ark at all by the way, any product i've ever seen from them has been absolute top notch. just a little concerned about dishing out a good amount of money for a product that hasn't really been tested for that long.