Suspension Springs, Shocks, Brakes

Anybody With Problems With Their 2.2 Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2007, 04:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking Anybody With Problems With Their 2.2 Suspension

i just dropped my car like 2 weeks ago with tenzo r springs. bad ass drop looked good but the i needed to align it. got it done friday but the mechanic at my work was talking about the camber couldnt be adjusted. only the toe and the caster. it stills drifts a little to the right so wanted to know if there's anything i can do for the alignment?????
Old 04-10-2007, 09:12 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
try going to the vendor list and look under suspension. cam bolts to correct front and wedges to correct rear.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:29 PM
I'm old school

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Your camber is fine. And the tech is right, camber is not adjustable on our struts. Sounds like you just didn't get a good alignment. Try again, somewhere else this time.
Old 05-06-2007, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ddrfreak
i just dropped my car like 2 weeks ago with tenzo r springs. bad ass drop looked good but the i needed to align it. got it done friday but the mechanic at my work was talking about the camber couldnt be adjusted. only the toe and the caster. it stills drifts a little to the right so wanted to know if there's anything i can do for the alignment?????
there is a quick fix, and YES your camber will be out with tenzos, I know cause I just droped mine.....you have two options. First option order and install the camber kit(available at gravana) the two ecentric nut and bolt kit (one for ither side) allows the spindle to go into the positive angle while the strut stays in the same place miserable to get in though.
second option cheap and functional(but a bit ghetto) dis-assemble two bolts at strut bottom slot the bottom hole(only) on either side reassemble, the weight of the spindle and brake assembly will allow normal gravatational pull to the max of slot giving you back the camber that you lost after the drop. Re-install bolts and watch the camber go back in the green on the alliment computer. this is how I have done my cobalt and many other strut type suspention drops before .....and no!, falling into a pot hole won't throw it off once it is properly tightend.

Originally Posted by Halfcent
Your camber is fine. And the tech is right, camber is not adjustable on our struts. Sounds like you just didn't get a good alignment. Try again, somewhere else this time.
Hey "half cent", don't mean to be a **** stirer, but It is totally impossible to have normal camber after a two inch drop, the camber does not go off radically but enough to cause slight tire wear and maybe a pull to one side....mine was off 1.2/.9 deg , and no, the struts was not bent from a previous pot hole encounter.........

Last edited by Drag-Sargeant; 05-06-2007 at 01:58 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost