Suspension Springs, Shocks, Brakes

dot 5 silicone brake fluid?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2010, 11:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Finally got a reply from Motive Products. The 0108 adaptor is a direct screw/twist on cap for the Cobalt. My problem was nobodys application sheets went beyond 07. Pressure bleeder ordered. Hook, line, sinker. DONE!

Thanks again.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by buellfooll
Finally got a reply from Motive Products. The 0108 adaptor is a direct screw/twist on cap for the Cobalt. My problem was nobodys application sheets went beyond 07. Pressure bleeder ordered. Hook, line, sinker. DONE!

Thanks again.
Let us know how you like it. I sold my Motive bleeder years ago when they didn't have caps that fit anything other than German, and you had to use the crap ass J hooks. After a few brake fluids spills, I got tired of it.

Don't crank it up too much when you're using it! IIRC, it only takes like 15 psi. If you crank it up too much, you risk splitting the plastic reservoir, which is not designed to handle being pressurized.
Old 06-29-2010, 12:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wangspeed
Let us know how you like it. I sold my Motive bleeder years ago when they didn't have caps that fit anything other than German, and you had to use the crap ass J hooks. After a few brake fluids spills, I got tired of it.

Don't crank it up too much when you're using it! IIRC, it only takes like 15 psi. If you crank it up too much, you risk splitting the plastic reservoir, which is not designed to handle being pressurized.
That's what I was thinking about the universal and why I was waiting for word from Motive. Their application sheet is WAY out of date. It doesn't list Cobalt at all. Since ordering I've read several reviews, buth DIY'er and pro, that praise it and had the same bad results I had with the vacuum system. I'm sub'd to this thread and will let you know how it works for ME. I also ordered 2 cans each of the blue and 200 fluid. You can't be TOO ready. The total directly from Motive was just under $150 shipped to FL. From Amazon $122 with everything coming from Hoerr. Wish me luck and PLEASE don't tell me I could have bought everything else where for $50.