Suspension Springs, Shocks, Brakes

lets start an offical slammed thread .......

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2009, 02:25 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
damn that is low... conerboner
Old 05-30-2009, 02:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by iridechevy
Dude, you fail at life and in style when it comes to cars. if you dont get it, get out and stay out cause dude .. MAD PROPS on that lexus man .. that is killer sweet.

you sounds os hardheaded .. its justa style man. like that pants you wear.. the shirts the hats the shoes you choose to wear. its STYLE! read up on it. Its fly, pimpin, hot ****!

ive been reading on your post and your pretty ignorant, atleast when it comes to style. lol cause you car isnt low. lmao thats grand how you measured the height of your car to prove a point .. cause your going all out on something you dont understand.

IT'S STYLE SON!! STYLE!

(Once more, hopefully this one will sum up what im trying to say)

STYLE !!! you FAIL
style is a waste of money for the most part
why waste a bunch of money making your car mostly undrivable??
and jsut like in cloths, i dont believe in spending a bunch of money on cloths to look cool
if all I do all my life is what you propose and look cool for all the "pimp fly peeps out thur yo" then i would have failed, and so will you.
people with a mind set like you for life of "do it cause it looks cool for everyone else, its the in style yo" are why our world is going to hell in a hand basket...

you like his car, thats awesome, but my opinion is its ugly and pointless
Old 05-30-2009, 02:56 AM

damn cant u guys chillax?
Old 05-30-2009, 03:24 AM

Originally Posted by NWAE Cobalt
style is a waste of money for the most part
why waste a bunch of money making your car mostly undrivable??
and jsut like in cloths, i dont believe in spending a bunch of money on cloths to look cool
if all I do all my life is what you propose and look cool for all the "pimp fly peeps out thur yo" then i would have failed, and so will you.
people with a mind set like you for life of "do it cause it looks cool for everyone else, its the in style yo" are why our world is going to hell in a hand basket...

you like his car, thats awesome, but my opinion is its ugly and pointless

no offense to cobalts in general but 99% of people out there would see you dumping all kinds of money turning your 2.2 n/a cobalt into a quick car FAR MORE of a waste than to slam out a Lexus or any other VIP style car.

On top of that I bet you the slammed, "undrivable" Lexus would smash on you canyons or 1/4 mile...

Old 05-30-2009, 03:29 AM

Originally Posted by IonFeright
no offense to cobalts in general but 99% of people out there would see you dumping all kinds of money turning your 2.2 n/a cobalt into a quick car FAR MORE of a waste than to slam out a Lexus or any other VIP style car.

On top of that I bet you the slammed, "undrivable" Lexus would smash on you canyons or 1/4 mile...

put one speed bump or pothole and they are SCREWED...its called real world drivability...it has none

and there are plenty of people on here that respect me for what ive done with the car, ive never said it needs to be the fastest. BUT it is the ONLY built N/A 2.2 that is daily drivable as is.

youd also be surprised at how much less ive put it inot that you think...i find some great deals on the parts i have
Old 05-30-2009, 03:40 AM

lol my **** scrapes all over the place if that makes u feel any better. i dont think anything lower then what i have could be drivable on the shitty roads here. infact i know a guy that had a fiberglass front bumper that was low as hell. keyword was had because fiberglass cracks and breaks so now he drives areound ghetto style no bumper
Old 08-12-2009, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by FASTL61
Mr. CBLT12!I got something for you!!!!!!!
What lip is on the SS?
Old 08-12-2009, 04:52 PM

My buddies 08 SS/TC on K-Sport Kontrols

His car vs. Mine at stock ride height
Old 08-12-2009, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by turbotooslow
What lip is on the SS?
Looks to be the stock lip.
Old 08-16-2009, 12:03 PM

Newest shots of the Lex..

Old 08-16-2009, 12:07 PM

f*ck you and your sexy sc....

i want one SOOOOO bad
Old 08-17-2009, 02:41 AM

lol photoshop ftw
Old 08-17-2009, 02:53 AM

lol now thats slammed
Old 08-19-2009, 11:47 AM

Whats up guys...i was flipping through this thread and wtf man...i have yet to see a balt with some aggressive fit and a nice drop. Why is this? Is the suspension geometry not friendly to camber?

Another thing, never do i see a cobalt with some nice forged wheels...Work/Volk, HRE, ForgeLine, CCW...i KNOW that they make you guys' bolt pattern.

I just think that cobalts and american sport compacts in general would get more respect/attention if they were seen with nice drops,stances,wheels...idk.

Im not looking to spit in anyones face, just curious to why i never see any Hellaflush Approved cobalts.

my S2000

Old 08-19-2009, 12:54 PM
Banned

Sorry,tire stretching looks like **** imo.I like my tires to last,money dont grow on trees :/
Old 08-19-2009, 01:30 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
first step. buy wheels that fit. second step, buy tires that fit the wheels properly. a 195 on a 10 inch wide wheel is NOT doing it right.

congrats. your car handles worse than stock.
Old 08-19-2009, 01:37 PM
Banned

Agreed^^^ Atleast someone on this board has good taste!

Last edited by FASTL61; 08-19-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 08-19-2009, 02:39 PM

These american car drivers will never truely understand the concept of "stretch n' poke" until they buy a car not originating in the US. Im dying to see a Balt slammed and cambered on some phat Equips with 4" of lip hahaha!!
Old 08-19-2009, 02:50 PM
Rent me! per hour

These american car drivers will never truely understand the concept of "stretch n' poke" until they buy a car not originating in the US. Im dying to see a Balt slammed and cambered on some phat Equips with 4" of lip hahaha!!
function over form lil one.

i do believe i can voice my own opinion, and make you look like an ass for saying "these american car drivers"

completely **** the rear suspension on a delta chassis for the sack of looks. that's a brilliant idea.
Old 08-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Banned

Disgusting.Even looking at all the jap cars with tire stretching.It looks like total dog ****
Old 08-19-2009, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
function over form lil one.

All depends on what your strivng towards....

i do believe i can voice my own opinion, and make you look like an ass for saying "these american car drivers"

completely **** the rear suspension on a delta chassis for the sack of looks. that's a brilliant idea.
lol... Im not the one looking like as ass here jack.

Not everyone shoots for power with their cars man.

there are some who do however... lol

Old 08-19-2009, 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
first step. buy wheels that fit. second step, buy tires that fit the wheels properly. a 195 on a 10 inch wide wheel is NOT doing it right.

congrats. your car handles worse than stock.

This is completely wrong man...
With most of the cars that are STRETCHING WITH IMPROPER WHEELS, they usualy came standard with 225 or 205's on a 6-7.5" rim...most of the serious guys are stretching 255's, 275's...onto rims twice as wide as the stock wheel. Im stretching a 255 onto a 9.5" rim...my S2000 came with 225 on the back, i handle way better.

Who told you camber ruins handling?? Nor does it wear your tires "faster"...it simple isolates the wear and with proper toe-in the tires can last just as long...but most of the cars are running some kind of R compound tires so who cares if they last long...last time i checked only my grandma was worried about her tires lasting long.

I think it comes down to talking like you race and just admitting that your not driving a race car...you can go for looks or you can lie and say "awww im building my car to be a race car...theres no point in aggressive fitment" But a huge amount of cobalt owners are in it for the looks. Most of the ones in my area have body kits and lambo doors but still even these guys dont have aggressive fitment.

How can you say your worried about handling performance...i have yet to see anyone with some RT615, ADVAN A048, Toyo RA1....seems like some of you are into the idea of performance...

AND FOR THAT BLUE 280Z, thats flush as f*ck! Seems like the NISSAN guys cant help but to be fitting right. Just cause i say aggressive fit doesnt mean it cant be functional...my S2000 is completely functional and will out handle a stock S2000 on a skidpad no problem.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:34 PM

lol probably because more cobalts are daily drivers. the only people with tires tucked like that have to have air bags otherwise the car isn't really drivable. ill be honest for what it is my car is pretty damn low and its no where near as "flush" as that. yet my car scrapes everywhere and the rear tires rub pretty bad (fronts aren't too bad)... to be as low as ur looking for i would probably need another inch drop all the way around. then again im looking at my car now without ~150lb of **** i normally have in the back
Old 08-20-2009, 01:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
flush.. since you know all balt , ion, g5 owners that exist tell me how I can get 600 whp out of my car.. you must know someone with it ..

my point is .. just because YOU don't see it doesn't mean it doesn't happen..

there are a handful of guys i know that are running the tires you said.. and sorry camber helps for drifting it's not good for DDing which is what cobalts are .. quick DD's stretching is a TERRIBLE idea 90% of the time.. yea you get a nice stance who who the hell gives a **** when you can **** up your rims easily brake axels easier

and again look harder.. theres a redline on this site thats "hellaflush" and he looks "hellaretarded"

and how do you know you "handle better" did you go get a slalom and g force test ? or are you just going based on perception of better handling

not to mention peopl use diamond star d2 dirrezza's KDW2's and mt streets on this forum when they're looking for traction/ performance on the street
Old 08-20-2009, 02:52 AM
Rent me! per hour

Originally Posted by FLUSH_AP1
This is completely wrong man...
With most of the cars that are STRETCHING WITH IMPROPER WHEELS, they usualy came standard with 225 or 205's on a 6-7.5" rim...most of the serious guys are stretching 255's, 275's...onto rims twice as wide as the stock wheel. Im stretching a 255 onto a 9.5" rim...my S2000 came with 225 on the back, i handle way better.

Who told you camber ruins handling?? Nor does it wear your tires "faster"...it simple isolates the wear and with proper toe-in the tires can last just as long...but most of the cars are running some kind of R compound tires so who cares if they last long...last time i checked only my grandma was worried about her tires lasting long.

I think it comes down to talking like you race and just admitting that your not driving a race car...you can go for looks or you can lie and say "awww im building my car to be a race car...theres no point in aggressive fitment" But a huge amount of cobalt owners are in it for the looks. Most of the ones in my area have body kits and lambo doors but still even these guys dont have aggressive fitment.

How can you say your worried about handling performance...i have yet to see anyone with some RT615, ADVAN A048, Toyo RA1....seems like some of you are into the idea of performance...

AND FOR THAT BLUE 280Z, thats flush as f*ck! Seems like the NISSAN guys cant help but to be fitting right. Just cause i say aggressive fit doesnt mean it cant be functional...my S2000 is completely functional and will out handle a stock S2000 on a skidpad no problem.

yes, act like i don't know anything about suspension. this will go over well. streching tires beyond their intended use is stupid. it ruins the tire. improper tire pressures reduce the contact patch that is already fucked when this idea happens. 90% of the tools doing this have yet to prove me wrong. i can't speak for other delta chassis owners. they so what they wish. as far as not being able to get camber into them. not going to happen in the rear without risking your life. front just requires camber plates, or coil overs.

some of us have two seperate wheel and tire combo's. my craptastic capitals for the street, nt01's for the track.

as far as the blue 280z. notice it doesn't have a streched tire on it? a 14x8 wheel with the right sized tire worked very well on that car.

ion. i never was going for power in ANY car i have owned. that blue 280z. 200rwhp. the white 240. box stock 2.4 liter from 1970.
toe kills tires.

Quick Reply: lets start an offical slammed thread .......