Pedder Springs
42.86%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Megan Racing Coilovers or Pedders Springs for SS/TC

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2010, 09:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Megan Racing Coilovers or Pedders Springs for SS/TC

I'm gonna lower my car but I want a comfortable ride too. I know it's one or the other in most cases for my LNF but I'm looking for comfort for sure. I know pedders go only about an inch and that's fine, SSC's are too low and Sportlines I hear are too rough or about 20% rougher than stock which to some is hardly noticeable.

I also read on this site that if I want lower than pedders but more comfort than other lowering springs my only other choice is coilovers which offer, look, performance and comfort. If this is indeed true than Megan Racing coilovers price point isn't too bad. Not as attractive as Pedders springs but good enough.

My desires are in this particular order

Comfort
Performance
Year Round Versatility, including snow
Reliability
Look
Price

Knowing what is important to me, what would you get if you were in my shoes.

Pedders Lowering Springs, Megan Coilovers.

Thanks

If you vote can you please explain why

Respectfully,

Mike aka Vahdyx
Old 12-13-2010, 09:44 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
If comfort is your number one priority keep it stock. Stock LNF struts and springs are very good all around.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by vahdyx
I'm gonna lower my car but I want a comfortable ride too. I know it's one or the other in most cases for my LNF but I'm looking for comfort for sure. I know pedders go only about an inch and that's fine, SSC's are too low and Sportlines I hear are too rough or about 20% rougher than stock which to some is hardly noticeable.

I also read on this site that if I want lower than pedders but more comfort than other lowering springs my only other choice is coilovers which offer, look, performance and comfort. If this is indeed true than Megan Racing coilovers price point isn't too bad. Not as attractive as Pedders springs but good enough.

Comfort
Performance
Reliability
Look
Price

Thanks

Respectfully,

Mike aka Vahdyx
As for look check out my post of my car on pedders. We just had an RME cruse that u missed out on, if you had been I would have let you ride in my car with the pedders on. There is a definite difference in ride, it is more harsh that stock but not as bad as others.
Old 12-13-2010, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by importkiller
As for look check out my post of my car on pedders. We just had an RME cruse that u missed out on, if you had been I would have let you ride in my car with the pedders on. There is a definite difference in ride, it is more harsh that stock but not as bad as others.
For you does the pros outweigh the cons?
Old 12-13-2010, 06:22 PM

Comfort
Performance
Reliability
Look
Price

Thanks

Respectfully,

Mike aka Vahdyx
I got BC Racing coilovers on mine. I love them!!! The comfort is more than acceptable, and you can lower it from 1 inch to 3 inch. I think I saw at ModernPerformance they are even 100 bucks discounted for this month
Old 12-13-2010, 06:57 PM

i would go with the megan coilovers out of those 3 options
Old 12-13-2010, 07:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Megans will not survive Colorado winters. KW coilovers would, and so would Koni/stock + Pedders.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had both! I'm currently on Pedders with ss/tc struts/shocks and I like them a lot. Ride height could definitely be lower, but they still look good. I had the Megan Racing Coilovers (fully adjustable) on my car for 2 years (through winters with plenty of salt and snow), and I absolutely loved them. Great stance (anything you want since they're adjustable), pretty good ride for coilovers, and handled awesome. The whole reason I decided to go to the Pedders was for a better ride and better driveability since I drive my car over 36,000 miles per year. And like I said since I've had the Pedders I definitely really like them. But coming from the Megans, I don't "love" them. If I could, I'd go back and keep the Megans on the car I wouldn't have bought the Pedders. Don't get me wrong, the Pedders are great, but for the little bit of ride quality you suffer (the Megans are just a little rougher than the Pedders, not much), you get a wayyy better look that's fully adjustable and handles better as well. If the Pedders combo is a "9", the Megans are a "10". Only downfall is (obviously) the Megans will cost more. So there's my long-winded 2-cents.

Cliff Notes: I've had both, they're very similar, I wish I would've kept the Megans.
Old 12-13-2010, 09:37 PM

im on sportlines right now and gonna look into some megans when i go to testfit the new dp for the tc wednesday hopefully i can snag a good deal while im there lol
Old 12-14-2010, 09:20 AM

You're doing yourself an injustice if you don't do some research on how poorly Megans are valved. I agree that Pedders + FE5 is underdamped, but Pedders + Koni is really, REALLY good.
Old 12-14-2010, 09:37 AM

if you want comfort, coilovers in general are not going to be an option
Old 12-16-2010, 11:30 PM

Comfort = stock
Performance = stock\pedders
Year Round Versatility, including snow = stock
Reliability = stock
Look = personal preference
Price = stock

unless you move "look" up the list looks like stock would fit your needs the best.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:51 AM

For you does the pros outweigh the cons?
Yes the pros far outweigh the cons. The car rides like its on rails and it looks better.
Old 12-17-2010, 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by Billig ss/sc
I've had both! I'm currently on Pedders with ss/tc struts/shocks and I like them a lot. Ride height could definitely be lower, but they still look good. I had the Megan Racing Coilovers (fully adjustable) on my car for 2 years (through winters with plenty of salt and snow), and I absolutely loved them. Great stance (anything you want since they're adjustable), pretty good ride for coilovers, and handled awesome. The whole reason I decided to go to the Pedders was for a better ride and better driveability since I drive my car over 36,000 miles per year. And like I said since I've had the Pedders I definitely really like them. But coming from the Megans, I don't "love" them. If I could, I'd go back and keep the Megans on the car I wouldn't have bought the Pedders. Don't get me wrong, the Pedders are great, but for the little bit of ride quality you suffer (the Megans are just a little rougher than the Pedders, not much), you get a wayyy better look that's fully adjustable and handles better as well. If the Pedders combo is a "9", the Megans are a "10". Only downfall is (obviously) the Megans will cost more. So there's my long-winded 2-cents.

Cliff Notes: I've had both, they're very similar, I wish I would've kept the Megans.
and they are still doing great in the winter.
Old 12-17-2010, 08:05 PM

well, I'll probably just get pedders and 19" wheels to get rid of the wheel gap
Old 12-17-2010, 08:15 PM
I'm too JDM for you

if you are going with a set of coilovers, go with a quality set. pedders coilovers or stance gr+ coilovers are great. stay away from ksport and megan IMO
Old 12-18-2010, 06:10 PM

^^^^^ ur too JDM 4 me ....
Old 12-18-2010, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by BLAZIN07SS
if you are going with a set of coilovers, go with a quality set. pedders coilovers or stance gr+ coilovers are great. stay away from ksport and megan IMO
I agree, a lot of the cheaper coil-overs use aluminum or low quality steel that corrodes easily in winter driving here in Colorado thus making them unadjustable after a short time.