Suspension Springs, Shocks, Brakes

The OFFICIAL Coilover Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 02:24 AM
Window Licker

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The OFFICIAL Coilover Thread

Ok, the other coilover thread needed a serious update. So I have compiled a list of all (or most) of the current available coilover systems along with info from the manufacturer on each one.

Everyone please feel free to post pictures and/or reviews on your coils because most people are going to want to 1) know how far they drop and 2) what your opinions are after owning them. Thanks guys

KW Variant 1 ~$1100-$1300

Optimally pre-set
Sporty harmonious damping technology
Stainless steel technology inox-line
Individually height-adjustable
Lowering range approved by the German Technical Control Board (TUV)
Fully finished complete solutions
High-quality component parts for long durability
Comprehensive documentation for easy use

The KW Variant 1 Coilover System is the ideal system for customers wishing to rely on the experience of our engineers for dampening yet determine their own degree of lowering. In extensive driving tests our engineers have set the dampers for the best balance between sporty driving, comfort and safety.

KW Variant 2 ~$1400-$1700

Variant 2 sporty and personalized with adjustable rebound damping

The system intended for the experienced driver who requires to not only determine the individual lowering of their vehicle, but adjust the damper setting to fine tune the system to their needs. The adjustable rebound damper allows adjustment of the pitch and roll behavior of the vehicle, adapting it to one‘s own driving preferences.

- Damping technology with individually adjustable rebound
- inox-line stainless steel technology
- Individually height adjustable
- German TUEV-tested adjustment parameters
- High-quality components for long life
- Comprehensive documentation for ease of use
- Infinitely adjustable rebound damping

Pedders SportsRyder XA ~$1500

Pedders SportsRyder brand has been synonymous with high performance dampers for decades. Pedders SportsRyder shock absorbers and struts combine the most advanced technology with Pedders? renowned expertise in the fine tuning of damping rates for superior handling while maintianing close to OEM ride quality. At the forefront of sports suspension is Pedders eXtreme XA, height adjustable coilover built to Pedders stringent quality standards. Pedders eXtreme XA features sports calibrated tunable damping, motorsport coil springs individually tuned to suit each application and a host of other high performance features including engineered OEM compatible bracket. The eXtreme XA is the pinnacle of performance suspension technology. Height adjustment is achieved by turning the entire coilover into the lower clevis. The 2mm preload on the coil remains the same regardless of height. The range of travel remains the same regardless of the installed height. As the spring perch is not the source of height adjustment and the spring preload remains the same, ride quality is identical at minimum drop and maximum drop. The Pedders Sports Ryder eXtreme XA adjustable coilover range features 30 Position Adjustable Bound and Rebound Damping with a positive CLICK. These are positive Click-to-Tune positions. There is no guess work or doubt as to the setting. You can feel each click as you adjust the damping.

Stance GR+ ~$1200-$1300

Spring Rates: 6k Front, 5k Rear

The GR+ is the Stance flagship line. It features 15-way damping adjustable monotube shocks, which allows the driver to fine-tune the handling and ride. A separate lower bracket allows the ride height to be adjusted without sacrificing stroke. Spherical bearings are used to give the driver greater feedback. Inverted monotube shocks are utilized on strut types for greater rigidity and heat dissipation. Camber adjustable upper mounts are used on strut types.

Features

Adjustment Knob 15-Way Damping Adjustable
Upper Pillowball Bearing Adjustable Camber Uppermount
Upper Pillowball Bearing Pillowball Uppermount
Spring Cold Wound Linear Spring
Monotube Inverted Monotube Shocks
Boot Dustboot
Collar Aluminum Collars & Upper Mounts
Bracket Height Adjustable Lower Bracket

Ksport Kontrol Pro ~$1000

Spring Rates: 6k Front, 4k Rear

Ksport Kontrol Pro Fully Adjustable Coilover Kits provide the ultimate in suspension technology for your street or track car. 36 levels of dampening adjustment allow you to fine tune the ride to your handling and comfort needs. The dampening adjusts compression and rebound simultaneously for ease of adjustment. Pillow ball top mounts in the front and rear on some applications allow you to maintain vehicle manufacturer suspension geometry design. The pillow ball top mounts also allow you a more direct feel for solid driver response. Camber adjustability is included on pillow ball top mounts that allow it for the ability to adjust camber from the actual coilover, instead of a separate camber kit. Most applications utilize an adjustable lower mount, which means you adjust height without losing suspension travel like some other coilover designs do. With the mounts and most pieces of the coilover being designed for 6061 billet aluminum the kit is lightweight, durable, and rust resistant. The steel shock body is electroplated with zinc to resist rust and the elements. The valving of each set is matched to the springs installed for unmatched ride quality and reliability. The Ksport system uses a Monotube design in which the oil and gas are separated within the cylinder. When compared to twin tube designs the Monotube dissipates heat better, allows finer dampening adjustments, and requires more expensive design process. Aeration and cavatation are a lot less common in a Monotube design, which results in a better ride. The Ksport Kontrol Pro Coilover kit has been designed with professional road racing in mind offering extremely high value and performance.

Ksport GT Pro ~$1300-$1700

Spring Rates: 7.5k Front, 4k rear

Ksport GT Pro Damper System provides the ultimate in suspension technology featuring an inverted monotube design, 36 levels of adjustable damping, adjustable spring perch, adjustable body and pillow-ball mounts. With the gas/oil chamber farther away from the knuckle and braking system reducing heat transfer. This design also reduces under-sprung weight, which improves handling and responsiveness.

Key Features:

Inverted steel shock absorber for durability
Lower center of gravity and higher chassis rigidity
Designed to reduce friction for cooler shock oil temperature
Inverted design like vehicles in WRC and all JGTC cars
36-way adjustable damping
Made from high quality 6061 Aluminum with T6 for increased hardness
Compression/Rebound adjustable
Adjustable spring perch for height adjustment, Adjustable body allowing maximum suspension travel
Monotube High Pressure Design reduces oil leakage
Electroplated body for protection from corrosion and rust
One Year Limited Warranty
Mount Front: Pillowball Upper Mount
Mount Rear: Must re-use OEM mount

B&G RS2 ~$1100-$1300

B&G Coilovers are designed and produced exclusively by world class technicians. Each application combines race proven technology with the vehicles unique design characteristics for the ultimate in ride, handling, and comfort.

RS2 Coilovers put you in complete control with 18 levels of external dampening control (combination of Rebound and compression). Featuring monotube gas charge dampers for quick response and steering control, and a low bleed system to maintain ride quality during normal driving conditions. RS2 incorporates separate adjustments for damper length and spring perch height to allow extreme lowering with full shock travel. For street driving to occasional track use, RS2 Coilovers allow you to dial in the optimal ride height and dampening force for any driving environment.

Features

Adjusts height from 1-3.5 inches (Lowering may vary depending on application)
18 way adjustable dampening (combination of rebound and compression)
Monotube gas charge dampers
High strength anodized aluminum alloy and powder coated steel components
Full length height adjustment with separate settings for damper force and spring pre-tension
Limited Lifetime Warranty

Megan Racing Street ~$850-$1000

Spring Rates: 6k Front, 6k Rear

Megan Racing Coil-Over Dampers are the ultimate upgrade to your track or street car. Featuring 32 levels of damper force adjustment, separate spring perch height and shock length adjustment allowing you to retain full suspension stroke and to fine tune your suspension characteristics. These damper kits are then perfectly matched with front and rear Pillow Ball upper mounts, including camber plates integrated with the upper Pillow Ball mounts on strut-type suspension applications.

Features:

- 32 Levels of Damper Force Adjustment
- Pillow Ball Upper Mounts
- Rubber Dust Boots
- Adjustable Ride Height
- Aggressive Spring Rates
- Single-Cylinder Design
- Aluminum Brackets
32 Levels of Adjustment:

D2 Racing RS ~$950-$1200

Spring Rates: 7.5k Front, 4k Rear

The RS coilover system is a 36 way dampner and rebound adjustable monotube full coilover system. The setup has seperate height and preload adjustments allowing for optimal adjustment and allowing full strut travel at all times along with pillowball upper mounts or top mounts*. Mounts are constructed of 6061 powder coated aluminum. Threads are teflon coated to prevent rust. Rebuildable and serviceable in the US.

BC Racing BR

Spring Rates: 6k Front, 6k Rear

Our BR model is perfect for street driving and occasional road course duty. With easily accessible adjustment knobs for fine tuning your compression/rebound and separately adjustable ride height, having a performance coilover system couldn’t be any easier. You choose how low or high you want your vehicle, no preset ride height here, and our patented concave lower locking ring keeps it locked in. All of our systems come with pillowball mounts to provide the most feedback possible from your suspension and to sharpen your steering response. BC’s available front and rear camber plates also allow you to get the perfect alignment setup without compromise. All this while providing a strong, attractive looking coilover system.
- Mono-tube shock design
- 30 levels of damping force adjustment, adjust compression/rebound
- Pillowball mounts and adjustable camber plates included (where applicable)
- Adjustable rear camber plates available
- Separate full length height adjustable
- One year warranty
- Rebuildable

Ark DT-P ~$1300-$1500

Fully Adjustable Coilover Kits provide the ultimate in suspension technology for your street or track car. 16 levels of dampening adjustment allow you to fine tune the ride to your handling and comfort needs. The dampening adjusts compression and rebound simultaneously for ease of adjustment. Pillow ball top mounts in the front and rear on some applications allow you to maintain vehicle manufacturer suspension geometry design. The pillow ball top mounts also allow you a more direct feel for solid driver response.

All bolt on system
16-Level Adjustment
Street & Track Performance Spec
Pillow Ball Mount / Camber adjustment (Some application)
Mono-tube Shock design for quick reacting and quite dampening operations
Adjustable Ride height
Specially designed with JDM Racing Team
All 15months manufacture limited Warranty
Xtreme Quality makes Xtreme Performance

Ark ST-P ~$1400-$1500

Fully Adjustable Coilover Kits provide the ultimate in suspension technology for your street or track car. 16 levels of dampening adjustment allow you to fine tune the ride to your handling and comfort needs. The dampening adjusts compression and rebound simultaneously for ease of adjustment. Pillow ball top mounts in the front and rear on some applications allow you to maintain vehicle manufacturer suspension geometry design. The Rubber Top absorber mounts ( ST-P only) also allow you a more soft comfort driver response than our DT-P . Most applications utilize an adjustable lower mount, which means you adjust height without losing suspension travel like some other coilover designs do. With the mounts and most pieces of the coilover being designed for 6061 billet aluminum the kit is lightweight, durable, and rust resistant. The steel shock body is electroplated with zinc to resist rust and the elements. The valving of each set is matched to the springs installed for unmatched ride quality and reliability.

All bolt on system
16-Level Adjustment
Street Comfort Performance Spec
Rubber Mount
Mono-tube Shock design for quick reacting and quite dampening operations
Adjustable Ride height
Specially designed with JDM Racing Team
All 15months manufacture limited Warranty

I'm gonna keep editing this with more information, I'm sure I missed a bunch of stuff, feel free to let me know.

Last edited by sjc0013; 04-20-2012 at 05:25 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Zo6balt (01-15-2021)
Old 04-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Window Licker

Ark DT-P's with all lock rings removed

BC's

D2 Racing

Pedders

Stance GR+

Ksport Kontrol Pro

Ark ST-P maxed out

Megan Racing maxed w/ locking rings in

B&G

KW Variant 2's

Last edited by sjc0013; 04-20-2012 at 05:29 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 12:20 PM
Window Licker

__
Old 04-18-2012, 03:19 PM
Resident Post Whore/Troll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dont use my car for Stance?! F-U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 03:30 PM
Window Licker

Originally Posted by 07SSYellow
dont use my car for Stance?! F-U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry Joe! I just grabbed a few pics real quick. Post some pics and leave a review!!!
Old 04-18-2012, 03:31 PM

alright haha i will in a bit
Old 04-18-2012, 03:47 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
great thread, yea as people send pics in (hopefully mostly side shots) you can add the pics under each setup? also, a ballpark pricing for each would be sweet. this is all for side by side comparisons, which most ppl probly wanna see, myself included. the more reviews we get in, maybe we can set up a rating system for handling/quality/ride comfort like 0-10 rating. that would be awesome. but i'm just a dreamer..
Old 04-18-2012, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by riceburner
great thread, yea as people send pics in (hopefully mostly side shots) you can add the pics under each setup? also, a ballpark pricing for each would be sweet. this is all for side by side comparisons, which most ppl probly wanna see, myself included. the more reviews we get in, maybe we can set up a rating system for handling/quality/ride comfort like 0-10 rating. that would be awesome. but I'm just a dreamer..

But you're not the only one.. Lol
Old 04-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Banned

great informative thread!
Old 04-18-2012, 04:06 PM
Window Licker

great thread, yea as people send pics in (hopefully mostly side shots) you can add the pics under each setup? also, a ballpark pricing for each would be sweet. this is all for side by side comparisons, which most ppl probly wanna see, myself included. the more reviews we get in, maybe we can set up a rating system for handling/quality/ride comfort like 0-10 rating. that would be awesome. but i'm just a dreamer..
Yep as people post pics I'm gonna add them to each brand category. I thought about pricing, I will try to get some ballpark figures up, or atleast some general ranges. The rating system sounds like a pretty damn good idea! Maybe have an average user rating for each set or something.

EDIT: Prices posted

Last edited by sjc0013; 04-18-2012 at 05:10 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Cobalt Nation

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Brand new pic

Stance GR+ fully lowered but with lockout rings still in the front and only one taken out in the rears. Ive AutoX'd once with this setup and didnt notice anything bad but I also have some Powell Raceshop goodies helping out. As far as going low These take the cake
Old 04-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Window Licker

Looks great Nate thanks for posting up!
Old 04-19-2012, 11:22 AM
Window Licker

ttt come on guys I know there are a ton of you with coilovers
Old 04-19-2012, 11:26 AM

i have coiloversss
Old 04-19-2012, 11:41 AM
Window Licker

i have coiloversss
pics and a review or no one believes you
Old 04-19-2012, 11:49 AM

Ill ban whoever doesnt believe me
Old 04-19-2012, 11:50 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
im hopefully going to be using ebay sleeves, with stance 6"-7" springs custom mounted on them on fe5 struts pretty soon, what do you guys think of that setup?

Old 04-19-2012, 12:48 PM
Window Licker

First full day on the job and already threatening to ban people, I like it!

Originally Posted by breds2k
im hopefully going to be using ebay sleeves, with stance 6"-7" springs custom mounted on them on fe5 struts pretty soon, what do you guys think of that setup?

Hmm sounds pretty interesting, how low will you be able to go?
Old 04-19-2012, 12:56 PM

go hard son!
Old 04-19-2012, 01:10 PM

If any one knows spring rates, would be nice info to have
Old 04-19-2012, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 74 Posts
op thanks for posting the prices man! really helpful!

pics or gtfo

Last edited by riceburner; 04-19-2012 at 01:12 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 04-19-2012, 01:25 PM
Window Licker

Originally Posted by Brags
If any one knows spring rates, would be nice info to have
I'll working on hunting those down as well

op thanks for posting the prices man! really helpful!
No problem bro!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:57 PM

Nice to see my car old being used in here lol. My megans were 6k front and 6k rear or 350ib/in all the way around.
Old 04-19-2012, 06:12 PM
I'm too JDM for you

Good thread.

Stance gr+ coilovers are 6k front, 5k rear

K sport coilovers are 6k front, 4k rear
Old 04-19-2012, 06:33 PM

subd

Quick Reply: The OFFICIAL Coilover Thread