Suspension Springs, Shocks, Brakes

Strong vibration under medium to heavy braking

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2009, 10:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It only takes one time of heating up the rotors and hitting a cold puddle to warp any rotor. Sounds like warp to me but i guess it could be a caliper malfunction or pad.
Old 02-02-2009, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by BigTizzle903
What about slotted rotors?
actually good...as they will increase your surface area for heat dissapation but most of all self clean the pads...
Old 02-02-2009, 09:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Maven
I agree excpt its not likely they are warped.(put that in your collective pipes and smoke it)

There is, its called research. On this site and on all quality brake rotor company sites, you will almost NEVER see drilled rotors billed as a true performance rotor, and you will see many knowledgeable recommending to aovid them like the plague unless youre a show car.
In all actuality the car should be test driven by someone who knows what the **** is going on. I'm really get sick of people asking to diagnose something that requires physically being there and going through the diagnsotic steps for the particular sytem. As soon as you post something someone disagress with your get slammed.

I will no longer provide any assitance, right or wrong for anyone. Other club websites are not filled with folks that know something about everything. I've been a tech for over 24 years, have applied my trade all over the world and in some not so safe or reasonable locations. It is these kinds of comments that **** me off repeatedly. You don't know me, who I am or what my qualifications are.

It is fine to disagree but not disagree with some personal attacks on the person that made a statement.

I've personally used Power Slot and EBC rotors for seven years on vehicles that accumulated 150k miles or more. I had never had an issue with these rotors and the pad combination.

You Maven may be correct that they are not warped but based on my experience and how the problem is described, it is warped rotors 99% of the time.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:18 PM

Originally Posted by shadowfaxss
In all actuality the car should be test driven by someone who knows what the **** is going on. I'm really get sick of people asking to diagnose something that requires physically being there and going through the diagnsotic steps for the particular sytem. As soon as you post something someone disagress with your get slammed.

I will no longer provide any assitance, right or wrong for anyone. Other club websites are not filled with folks that know something about everything. I've been a tech for over 24 years, have applied my trade all over the world and in some not so safe or reasonable locations. It is these kinds of comments that **** me off repeatedly. You don't know me, who I am or what my qualifications are.

It is fine to disagree but not disagree with some personal attacks on the person that made a statement.

I've personally used Power Slot and EBC rotors for seven years on vehicles that accumulated 150k miles or more. I had never had an issue with these rotors and the pad combination.

You Maven may be correct that they are not warped but based on my experience and how the problem is described, it is warped rotors 99% of the time.

whoa calm the jets there....maven wasnt saying you were wrong....he wasnt calling out your qualifications he was simply stating another option...what if this guy is in the 1% a matter of fact alpha said the rotors arent warped...so he was right... now i may not know as much as you...but then again i might...so just chill out maybe maven does know what hes doing...
Old 02-02-2009, 11:23 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by shadowfaxss
In all actuality the car should be test driven by someone who knows what the **** is going on.
Agreed

This is childish behaviour, you wont give information because other people are disagreeing with you? Ive been a technician for 14 years, I havent worked all over the world but I have worked on everything from 4 wheel cable actuated drum systems, to elctrohydraulic assist systems, and 15" rotor carbon ceramic systems. I am not someone who just thinks that he knows something about everything, you also dont me or my qualifications either.

There was no personal attack, it was a comment directed at the community at large, hence I used the verbage "collective pipes"

Excellent products agreed.

It is in my experience that rotors DO NOT warp. 90% of the rotors I see develop thickness variation due to excessive and uneven buildup of corrosion, as well as due to uneven deposition of friction material. Some rotors when impropely installed may have excessive lateral runout, removal and proper reinstallation will most often solve this issue. The only rotors I have EVER seen that had pulsation due to lateral runout that was not attributable to thickness variation, improper installation, or improper machining were rotors that had structural defects, that is cracked braking surfaces or cracks at joint of hat and rotor.

IVe seen rotors seperate from the hats, Ive seen hats crack, Ive seen braking surfaces crack, Ive seen braking surfaces collapse in between vent pillars,Ive seen braking surfaces completely worn away and only vent pillars exposed, I have NEVER seen a purely warped rotor, that is a rotor that has excessive runout but no other out of spec measurements or physical failures.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Maven...you ignored my PM
Old 02-02-2009, 11:42 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by HunterKiller89
Maven...you ignored my PM
Not on purpose man, dont cry. I dont have any PMs from you in my last 100, so if youve sent it since 1/12 I didnt get it.

Resend?
Old 02-03-2009, 01:11 AM

Received 60 Likes on 60 Posts
You can't see brake rotor warping, so 'they look ok' is not acceptable.

Corey, have they been mic'd or cut to verify true?

You said you put sportlines in the car... Did you put the top strut mounts back in a different position? I remember hearing someone complain about a vibration due to something being not seated correctly.

Why do you all have problems with the GMPP rotors? I ran a set on the front of my car, beat the ever-loving **** out of them through 3 sets of Hawk HPS pads over the course of 45K miles, and they were perfect... I might have cheated a little (i had them cryo'd), but still, WTF mate?
Old 02-03-2009, 02:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Maven
Not on purpose man, dont cry. I dont have any PMs from you in my last 100, so if youve sent it since 1/12 I didnt get it.

Resend?
hmm.. aight, sent again.
Old 02-03-2009, 10:24 AM

Get them check out. Its not safe driveing around on malfunctioning brakes if you don't know whats wrong.