Tuning For tuning and related discussions

do i need a new tune?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2013, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
do i need a new tune?

(le5 turbo) ok so im not sure if my problem his is tuning related but for the life of me i cannot find anything mechanically wrong.. whats happening is with my maf sensor plugged in my vacuum drops to about 10 and the car will barley run and eventually stall out (only at idle tho once i get it moving its fine) now if i keep the maf sensor connected and disconnect the cold pipe right b4 the maf the car runs fine ..i can feel the turbo spinning and pumping air out of that cold pipe for a few seconds then it calms down ..once it calms down i can reconnect that cold pipe and the car will run great after that..it seems like the computer is getting confused by that initial start up push of air.. so what ive been doing is just running without the maf sensor plugged in period which works pretty well only problem is its also the ait sensor soo car is tending to run a little hotter and going lean somtimes… just trying to make sure this is a tuning related problem..
Old 06-12-2013, 03:12 PM

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
i bet its your MAF gone bad, i have an issue with mine, i think if the you take it out the car runs off of a memory or something like that.

Try a new maf and see what happens, has this been a problem from day one or just came up out of no where ?
Old 06-12-2013, 03:58 PM

See thats the thing .. Yes if u unplugg the maf then it goes to memory and runs the car a little rich.. But i kept the maf plugged in and only disconnected piping to the maf (therefore the maf is pretty much running like stock no turbo just regular air) and the car runs fine like that .. And its a brand new maf sensor .. And like i said once the turbo stops kicking at idle i can reconnect that piping with the car running and things will be fine
Old 06-13-2013, 02:00 AM

Ok sooo ive narrowed it down to the purge valve.. It is def just not letting the engine get any vac at some points .. If i disconnect the the line that goes to evap and put my finger behind the valve there is no suction at all .. Sometimes randomly it will start to pulse but hit or miss .. Considering its an electronically controlled valve is that played with during tuning? I may have had a vacuum leak during my last tune so maybe they just saw to much air and adjusted for that purge to be closed more and not that theres no leak its not allowing the engine to have and suctions or just very little ? Really just making guesses at this .. Could it just be a bad epv? Any help would be awesome cant find much info on purge valves cutting off vac ..