Tuning For tuning and related discussions

Problem w/ Trifecta

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 06:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thought i had to go through the dealer, so from now on I'll just go through Vince
Old 07-17-2012, 06:09 PM
Premium Member

Originally Posted by LittleB
Ok, to start off I ordered a trifecta tune about 4 months ago. Since I see the majority of the site is either trifecta or HP, I decided to try out trifecta. So I seen one of the dealers have a good deal on the tune and red cable; snatched it up and waited for my tuning experience to begin!

Now mind you, I never had a car other than mustangs so I wasn't familiar with this type of tuning, all my past tuning was with SCT and it was simple and quick. Trifecta tuning; simple but not quick.

4 months have gone by and I'm still on the base tune, because "everything seems good with that tune." But I wanted more than just the canned tune, I paid for a custom tune. I asked for a "higher boost tune" and am still waiting for an email back. In the past 4 months, the communication blows, and I'm still waiting. Waiting, waiting, and waiting, most of the time when I emailed this guy, it would take two or three weeks to respond, and it was either "ok," or vince was out of town or some stupid ass excuse.

Sorry for the rant, but I have never dealt with any tuning that the turn around time just flat out sucks.
Sounds like you have a bad distributor that doesn't want to cooperate..... There is always room for tweaks from vinces base tune on.
Old 08-23-2012, 06:49 AM

Originally Posted by drewbroo
Sounds like you have a bad distributor that doesn't want to cooperate..... There is always room for tweaks from vinces base tune on.
wut

No, but seriously? Cause I had to email Wot-tuning a shitton and send two seperate data logs (waiting months + in between email resends, maybe he was busy?) and what I finally got was "oh, yeah, the tune is fine, no need to dial in"
My understanding is, wot-tuning is as close as you get to vince without climbing into his bedroom window at night. So either what you just said is incorrect, or vince totally waved me off?