Tuning For tuning and related discussions

recommendations from tuning experts, 2.4 NA auto (HPTUNERS)

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2013, 12:58 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
recommendations from tuning experts, 2.4 NA auto (HPTUNERS)

Hey guys, i just got back in the GM world again after a 4 year run with honda's, finally out of that now. Picked myself up a 2006 cobalt SS 2.4 NA automatic like ive been wanting for years for a great deal. It's needed some TLC but nothing beyond what i could handle as a moonlighting home mechanic. Ive been tuning honda's for 4 years now, and its a completely different world from GM's, but i have two good friends who are very fluent with HPtuners and V8 tuning and they are guiding me through the process. I downloaded the full tune file from the car tonight and ive been exploring and evaluating what features and changes I want to make the first time around and I wanted to get some input first regarding the changes im about to make. I'm not making any variable valve timing changes until I fully understand the way that works and can do so at the track.

Ive considered the following changes thus far...

PE Enrich Ramp in to 1.0 from .01 (increases speed in which power enrich enables itself)
PE RPM Delay 4000 RPM
COT Lean Cruise Disabled (Cat Over Temp)
TCS (traction control) ECT and SPARK Control Disable (TCS is retarded on this car, all it does is turn off the throttle and theres no button to disable it)
FAN PWM Range for AC and NON AC ECT Tables Increase by 50%
AC DISABLE RPM 4250 (kept AC on to 6k stock)
AC RE-ENGAGE RPM 4000
AC DISABLE TPS - 75%
AC RENABLE TPS - 65%
IAT and ECT Spark Correction BASE Tables Dialed Back to Higher Limits and Less Timing
MAIN SPARK ADVANCE BASE TABLE - +2* @ >.52 g/cyl to 25-26* TOTAL WOT TIMING (High RPM) 18-21* TOTAL WOT TIMING (Mid Range)

TRANS WOT SHIFT RPM INCREASE 5% to 6850
BASE SHIFT PRESSURE PATTERN X - 15% Increase
UPSHIFT BR/PWR ON - 10% Increase
DOWNSHIFT BASE PRESSURE - 15% Increase for 2,3,4th gear
BURST KNOCK RETARD HOLD AND DECAY TIME CHANGE

These are just corrections that I am considering on my own, my buddy is gonna work with the trans line pressures and trans torque management tomorrow. But im thinking 10-15% increase in line pressure across the board is safe for the car?

Heres what boggles my mind more then anything. These correction tables. If they function exactly as i would expect them to. This car is severely hindered by these correction factors. I appreciate any input you guys have. Heres some pics of the tables ive corrected.

Last edited by Spawne32; 07-18-2013 at 02:25 AM.
Old 07-18-2013, 02:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
responded to your thread on HPT, happy tuning!

If you ever want help your get stuck feel free to PM me, someone on here helped me a lot and I don't mind returning the favor.