Tuning For tuning and related discussions

Trifecta Tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 12:37 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Trifecta Tune

Before anyone says it. Yes i Know hpt would be the best route to go . If only I could afford to buy hpt and then pay someone $300-$400 to remote tune me I would. I would love to get Terminator2 or cobaltss1 to tune me. But I just do't have the extra funds. So I was thinking of going with trifecta SOLLY beacue it is a little more affordable at this piont for me. My car is an 09 SS/TC with Gms1 on it already. So I have a few questions. IS it best to buy the tune through WOT tuning or BNR ? Also , with that being said is it any better and faster this way to get an update tune after the inital base tune ? I am going to be keeping my GMS1 as my daily tune. And activate the trifecta with the traction button.

Also , are there anything special I should ask for ? Like ask them to raise the boost in 1st a few more psi ? and the maybe keep the tune around 22 psi max ? Anything special you guys are asking for that I should request ?

Thanks
Old 06-12-2014, 12:51 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'd go through BNR.

You might actually want a boost reduction in 1st to get traction.

You can ask specifically for a psi or explain in a few sentences exactly what you want "a conservative reliable tune but something that gives me more hp/tq than my current GMS1 setup", I would also like my "tune off" to be similar to the GMS1 that I currently run.

Also specify weather you want the activation through cruise control, or through competitive mode. They can only do cruise on=stock/gms1 cruise off=trifecta. I went with the comp mode activation because I don't wanna see that orange light when I'm on low boost tune, and when someone else drives my car they start off in low boost rather than high boost by default.

Make sure to get all your bolt on's in before the tune if possible so you don't have to re-tune multiple times later and pay more fee's.

I stayed GMS1 until 130k then went trifecta. Pretty big difference you will hear a new high pitch whistle at WOT through that K&N, and those tires will not like you soon.