War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

06 E85 ION Redline vs 09 GMS1 Cobalt SS/TC

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 04:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The average intellegence went from an actual information forum... to a full blown speshul school bus meeting room.
Old 05-24-2010, 04:32 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by elite_Cyborg
lulz this thread is awesome. All the ricer excuses he didn't nls he didn't brake boost you beat the driver, you have more mods you have a ss/sc you have a wide powerband blah blah blah.... this could go on till the end of the cobalts existence

Bottom Line you WON!!!
I would argue that the SS/TC has more mods...

DI, VVT, TURBO!

That turbo counts as 10 mods all by itself! lol
Old 05-24-2010, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by ebristol

Here we go with the turbo talk again! lol Turbo, Turbo, Turbo...

So.... lol

Correction. Had.

Remember this pic?

I remember the direction of the symbol going the other way
Old 05-24-2010, 06:25 PM

nice ride, wish we could take advantage of the E85. The LSJ does have a nice flat power curve, but the lowend and midrange is pretty weaksauce vs a trifecta/hp LNF. like up to 100lbft short This is considering stock snail and blender of course. Too bad The LNF head is a restriction... topend would be a hair better

You guys should have swapped drivers/cars, i bet his car is just as strong as yours when brakeboosted and NLS'd
Old 05-24-2010, 06:55 PM

I would never trade my car for a LSJ and i bet money neither would a LSJ owner if were in my shoes. GM didn't make a car worse... they made it better in every way. They are faster with basic bolt on's PLUS they handle better. I really really enjoy this forum and i would disagree with all the LSJ owners complaining its getting worse. I bet all LNF guys/gals would agree with me. EVOLUTION my friends... I have A LOT of cobalt friends and i enjoy hanging out and chilling with anyone and I don't talk **** at all. I just feel like the forum LSJ guys are kinda cranky... Glad you got to blow your load on your video now START HAVING FUN AGAIN. JESUS!

PS:
I wonder how a race would look if a LSJ had a KO4 on it. Just to see what motor is better.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by cobaltguy889
I remember the direction of the symbol going the other way
I have no idea what you are talking about...

Originally Posted by MaxVQ35DE
nice ride, wish we could take advantage of the E85. The LSJ does have a nice flat power curve, but the lowend and midrange is pretty weaksauce vs a trifecta/hp LNF. like up to 100lbft short This is considering stock snail and blender of course. Too bad The LNF head is a restriction... topend would be a hair better
I thought the vid proved that all that TQ you guys have in the low end does not mean squat. But that is a whole other discussion about TQ v HP.

Originally Posted by ISuckBad45
I would never trade my car for a LSJ and i bet money neither would a LSJ owner if were in my shoes. GM didn't make a car worse... they made it better in every way. They are faster with basic bolt on's PLUS they handle better. I really really enjoy this forum and i would disagree with all the LSJ owners complaining its getting worse. I bet all LNF guys/gals would agree with me. EVOLUTION my friends... I have A LOT of cobalt friends and i enjoy hanging out and chilling with anyone and I don't talk **** at all. I just feel like the forum LSJ guys are kinda cranky... Glad you got to blow your load on your video now START HAVING FUN AGAIN. JESUS!
Evolution?

We are not cranky.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:17 PM

PS:
I wonder how a race would look if a LSJ had a KO4 on it. Just to see what motor is better.
SHHHHHHHHHHHHH, adults are talking!

If you weren't so far away I would run ya bristol.... a taste of a 300whp+ LNF car... just for giggles.

Actually I have a buddy around here who made 290 on E85 with an M62 I may call him up and we can do a run!

Last edited by 1badBlueberrySC; 05-24-2010 at 07:17 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-24-2010, 07:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
So which is it blueberry? I know you obviously had an LSJ and loved it but you seem to ride the fence here a bit. On one hand you make the LNF sound like a sack of wet ****, and then on the other hand you sound like you want to redeem the LNF name by running (beating... ) bristol.. If you were such an LSJ admirer you would just leave it as is... LSJ smoked LNF
Old 05-24-2010, 07:55 PM

blueberry rides more than just the fence if ya know what I mean

oh, j/k

Last edited by cobaltguy889; 05-24-2010 at 07:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-24-2010, 08:22 PM

Originally Posted by Staged07SS
I've said this a million times .... Why do fellow Cobalt owners fight with each other ? We all basically drive the same friggin car.
RIGHT!

I love both engines....I love whine and whistle!!!!
Old 05-24-2010, 08:26 PM

Originally Posted by 09CobaltSS1
So which is it blueberry? I know you obviously had an LSJ and loved it but you seem to ride the fence here a bit. On one hand you make the LNF sound like a sack of wet ****, and then on the other hand you sound like you want to redeem the LNF name by running (beating... ) bristol.. If you were such an LSJ admirer you would just leave it as is... LSJ smoked LNF
LOL... I feel bad for the LNF name because he ran a weaksos tuned GMS1 car... on the other hand the LSJ has the obvious upper hand with regular injectors and the ability to tune for them.

I like both... had both, love both... they both have their flaws, they both have their inherent positives...

which do I honestly prefer... motor wise LSJ, suspension and tranny wise LNF...

Its a TIE in my book!
Old 05-24-2010, 08:35 PM

I beat a LNF with my shitty ass tuned car at the time...It was close but I edged him. If I had the chance though, I'd much rather own a LNF than a LSJ simply because IMO the car as a whole is engineered a bit better.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:36 PM

I've NEVER raced anybody before this.....

....we were doing it for fun not for *PINKS*

Too bad it started raining, otherwise we could've hit up some nice twisties!

LOL: 11 pages of forum
Old 05-24-2010, 08:48 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts

PS:
Old 05-24-2010, 10:04 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
back in 08 when my buddy had a test pipe and a chip in his tc. Me and him would go out to a road and run like 10 times a night and his car was a tad bit quicker and of course top end like hell b/c my temps would kill me by 4th, but my pirellis would launch just as hard as his conti's(yes i had the stock pirellies) His 1st 2nd shift sucked so i would pull away half a car then he would be back up right beside me(and i mean door to door) until he shifted into 4th around 95 or something like that. i had stg 2; 7k redline all the way to the end of the quarter and would get him by a fender or less. that is if neither one of us missed a shift lol. At that time it was in late fall and winter so the cold nights was the only way i could keep up. dyno jet numbers showed 291whp and 273wtq for my car after my friend moved to NC that was on 42lb injectors and yes my a/f was spiking lean at 6300. lsjs vs lnfs i loved it best racing of my life
Old 05-24-2010, 10:20 PM

Originally Posted by ebristol
I have no idea what you are talking about...

I thought the vid proved that all that TQ you guys have in the low end does not mean squat. But that is a whole other discussion about TQ v HP.

Evolution?

We are not cranky.
IF He doesnt brakeboost it wont mean anything.... its like giving the hit.
A trifecta/hp car has another 25whp, and 25lb feet vs gm tune. and the fact that this guy didnt brakeboost negates the instant response from your blender. Not saying that your car wouldnt win, just that proper driving would even it out alot.

like i said, you should have swapped cars and ran.... and someone should try brakeboosting next time...
Old 05-24-2010, 10:57 PM

Where in Minnesota does this guy live?

Mike
Old 05-24-2010, 11:31 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
so when you kids are done trying to find out who has the smallest dick. set something up. i am not talking a mid 13 lsj either. that frankly is a stage 2 car.

either man up, or get the **** out.
Old 05-25-2010, 02:18 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
All this talk about a stock blower LSJ being short on TQ vs a Trifecta/hp tuned LNF is blasphemy.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:16 AM

reminds me of the LS1 and LS2 folks fighting amongst each other on the GTO boards...

the SC vs TC.... both are rather nice and can be powerful.
Old 05-25-2010, 11:53 AM

I've had an LSJ and now have an LNF. I'd simply say they are both equally fun for different reasons.
Old 05-25-2010, 12:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is good stuff
Old 05-25-2010, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by 1badBlueberrySC
SHHHHHHHHHHHHH, adults are talking!

If you weren't so far away I would run ya bristol.... a taste of a 300whp+ LNF car... just for giggles.

Actually I have a buddy around here who made 290 on E85 with an M62 I may call him up and we can do a run!
Its all good. I will be at the CED meet this year. I am sure all the LNF guys will want their shot.

Originally Posted by 09CobaltSS1
bristol.. If you were such an LSJ admirer you would just leave it as is... LSJ smoked LNF
I know. I don't want to drag this on into a long LSJ v LNF battle. This thread will eventually along with all the rest of these discussions.

But before it dies, I want to make sure that every LSJ and LNF owner watches it.

Originally Posted by SS_carnatic
I've NEVER raced anybody before this.....

....we were doing it for fun not for *PINKS*
What? I thought we were....

That was my first time racing like that. I honestly don't encourage street racing. Its pretty dangerous. But I could not pass up the opportunity.

I should of asked if you wanted to race for the exhaust. So if you won, I would still pay. If I won, then I would not have to pay.

After the race my brother suggested that we should have raced for $$. I told him it never crossed my mind because I thought I was going to lose.

Originally Posted by SS_carnatic
Too bad it started raining, otherwise we could've hit up some nice twisties!
And the fact that I had a cat-back exhaust sitting between my driver and passenger seat...

Originally Posted by WE0H
Where in Minnesota does this guy live?

Mike
Twin Cities?
Old 05-25-2010, 12:27 PM

I'm glad to see you are all sitting in a circle holding hands, saying "our cars are equal."

I'm with Area, man up or shut up.

Last edited by cobaltguy889; 05-25-2010 at 12:28 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 05-25-2010, 12:31 PM

Originally Posted by ralliartist
All this talk about a stock blower LSJ being short on TQ vs a Trifecta/hp tuned LNF is blasphemy.
Right. From my vid we know that 270ish peak wtq on the LSJ is better then 300+ peak wtq on an LNF.

From this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPplA0UhBkU

We can see that 250wtq on the LSJ is 100x better then 250ishwtq on a stock LNF.

And we can see that 320-330wtq on an LNF is just a little better then 250wtq on an LSJ.

If we did not have enough evidence before, now I think we can safely say that the big TQ numbers being put out by the LNF guys does not mean crap as compared to the LSJ guys.

I think TC owners need to finally accept that...

Quick Reply: 06 E85 ION Redline vs 09 GMS1 Cobalt SS/TC