War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Cobalt SS T/C GMSTG1 kit vs. WRX 265

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 02:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The only thing holding me back is the blah looks of the sedan. Believe it or not, their interior isn't any better (IMO) than the cobalts. Both cars have cheap, plastic interiors, but with an engine and drivetrain that can go!

Been hearing too much about ringlands on the newer STi's too, so if I was looking for a subie, this would be my bet.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:37 PM

ringlands? I'm a noob help me out here lol. Yeah I didnt mind the interior, cause i'm use to my cobalt lol. But I did like the seats a little better than the TC's. Its bland but better looking than the TC Sedan IMO
Old 01-27-2010, 05:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jpower102
And how do you explain ppl with 14.5 second 1/4 miles and 13.8 .. with the exact same car .. with the questions sometimes asked on this forum .. I don't know how you can give such an answer

Whatever you call it .. all I know is I really have to keep my two hands on tight on the steering wheel if I don't want to go bye bye in the ditch

AND AGAIN .. I'M ON WINTER PERFORMANCE TIRES= MUCH LESS STABILITY
Ever think there is a problem other than how much power you are making??? Instead of being an ass and TYPING LIKE THIS. Why don't you realize I am curious and maybe just maybe trying to help you with your obvious PROBLEM!
Old 01-27-2010, 09:37 PM

Originally Posted by hiltu
jpower, you have TWMs bushings but not their shifter? your sig is alittle misleading if so.
Yah .. you can buy the bushings aside .. I like the stock shifter

Originally Posted by IhaveReturned
Ever think there is a problem other than how much power you are making??? Instead of being an ass and TYPING LIKE THIS. Why don't you realize I am curious and maybe just maybe trying to help you with your obvious PROBLEM!

OK and you obviously know because you were at my place driving it

And by the way where are you from ?

I'm writing like that because some ppl don't seem to be able to read what I'm saying

I appreciate your help, but unless you are sitting right beside me while I'm driving (which I would love since you seem to be pretty competent) , Its kinda hard for you know exactly what I mean and be able to provide any advice..

The bottom line is :

I should have shifted down to 3rd which I would normally do with summer performance tires.. there ya go

WOW! 3 pages because I didn'T downshift to 3rd.. LOL

Last edited by jpower102; 01-27-2010 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 01-28-2010, 07:53 AM
g21

Originally Posted by steddy2112
Omfg are you serious?

Yes.
Heck ya I am serious... I just got mine.... Thats not something you want to "figure" out yourself haha. I was debating new wrx or the cobalt... I got a hell of a deal on mine so it was a no brainer.... 2009 Cobalt SS red four door with the stage 290 horse upgrade and a hahn air intake from the dealer for 19k! OTD! Cant beat that. I love government motors. I think if some one would make a rim wide enough to put some wide A$$ tires on it we would have a much better showing at competing with the subis and muscle cars from a dig. We can hang all day long other wise. I was neck in neck with an M3 on the way home. It was the 333 horsepower one. The champion Chevrolet is still waiting on the HAHN intake to come it. Thats just with the stage kit!! Nothing is more satisfying then messing with the its an BMW(Benz, Audi etc..) crowd who over payed for their speed.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:04 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by slowswap
Racing in overdrive. Only on ss.net.
5th gear is a 1:1 ratio...
Old 01-28-2010, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by tREBs
And with nothing but a tune and DP they are faster then the 08-10 STI's. A lot of people hitting mid- high 12's. Quite impressive if you ask me
I guess if you are only interested in 1/4 mile runs and roll racing.... I keep forgetting this is css.net.
jmaynard, I wasn't calling you out on the price, I understand they are much cheaper in the US. I was just stating how bad we get ripped up here.