War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

cobalt vs srt4 vs srt4

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 03:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking cobalt vs srt4 vs srt4

ok before the gay bashing begins on street racing.....i dont care.

so a few high school buddies of mine from a few years ago have been modding there srt;s for quite some time... (yellow)1 has just about everything u can imagine done to it...bigger turbo intercooler full exhuast custom tune its like a stage 6 srt4..lol the other guy(red) has basicaly the same mods but not as \big of a turbo and said that its basically stage 4.. first guy was on 19 psi and the slower was on 10 which would be about the same as 18 on stock turbo.

my mods are ott stage 1, dual h/e,hks muffler,injen intake and im peaking 20 psi of boost. we start off on the interstate around 12:30 in the morn. no traffic. 3 lanes.. 40 pull srt honk..i got the out of the hole quicker and got about a half car on (red) and 1 car on (yellow)...around 75 yellow starts walking and red does 2 ....about 140 yellow is 2 cars ahead and red is 1/2 car behind me...my iat2s are around 173 at this time(scarryyy) there at about 90 iat. red then starts waling me at 155 and gets about 1 car ahead and i let off iats were at nearly 180.... before this stage kit these guys smokeddddddd me yellow would pull about a bus by 100. my interceptor gauge is reading 308 hp at 7000 rpms were before the kit it read 234..(crank) the power i got was unreal and i believe i had a factory freak to begin with...i would pull 2 cars on another cobalt sssc that had more mods then me when i had just a intake and muffler. video was takin of the srts and me and ill try to get it on u tube soon. thanks for reading
o and plz no bashing or gay remarks just makes u look like an *******.
Old 02-09-2009, 03:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
nice runs, although something seems wrong if you are making 20psi on a 2.8
Old 02-09-2009, 03:19 AM

have your raced an srt-8 yet?
Old 02-09-2009, 03:35 AM

no not yet.... yea i dont under stand my boost. stock i was pulling nearly 15..maybe its my altitude here??? bot the boost gauge and interceptor are reading mid 19 psi. and ajjaro i need some adive from u so ill pm u soon...ive seen ur vids and ur cars pretty sweet and wanna know what all cooling u have going on. cuz 180 degree iats scare the **** out of me! and thats with 2 h/e
Old 02-09-2009, 04:02 AM

Many big turbo NSRT's are complete turds do the fact the owner doesn't know how to properly tune a vehicle or the simple fact that alot of those yahoo's put a big turbo on a stock head/cammed 2.4...bigger doesn't mean better. I've seen many simple Mopar Stage 3 NSRT's destroy big turbo set-up's. BTW: If those dumbshits are calling their cars Stg 6/4 then they truly have no clue.

I've raced numerous modified Cobalts, and Ion's in my CSRT-4(Caliber) and honestly it's not even close. I'm not here to spout off, but be sure to pick your poison wisely with the SRT-4's. I have yet to run a SS/TC, but so far I have been quite impressed by them.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...RT4_170130.htm
Old 02-09-2009, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by FWSlobalt
Many big turbo NSRT's are complete turds do the fact the owner doesn't know how to properly tune a vehicle or the simple fact that alot of those yahoo's put a big turbo on a stock head/cammed 2.4...bigger doesn't mean better. I've seen many simple Mopar Stage 3 NSRT's destroy big turbo set-up's. BTW: If those dumbshits are calling their cars Stg 6/4 then they truly have no clue.

I've raced numerous modified Cobalts, and Ion's in my CSRT-4(Caliber) and honestly it's not even close. I'm not here to spout off, but be sure to pick your poison wisely with the SRT-4's. I have yet to run a SS/TC, but so far I have been quite impressed by them.
http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...RT4_170130.htm
o i understand completly were ur coming from but these guys do know what there doing the guy witht the yellow srt also built a 10.8 sec 1/4 mile trans am. and they have hptuners this is his second srt4 hes built. he didnt claim stage 6 i was exaggerating but the other guy said his would be considered stage 4
Old 02-09-2009, 04:31 AM

yout trap speed is more than enough to burn an srt-8
about 4 mph faster than their trap times
Old 02-09-2009, 04:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wtpcobaltss
and they have hptuners this is his second srt4 hes built.
If you're being told that I wouldn't place too much trust in what they say for modifications. There is no shipping support from HP Tuners yet for the NGC-1 and NGC-3 engine controllers used in the SRT-4. It sounds like it may be coming soon but they've been saying that for a while now.
Old 02-09-2009, 06:56 AM

I think he meant the HP-Tuners for the trans am not the SRT-4's.

So what I got out of this is, the races were close with you still being close to stock and both SRT-4's having big turbos of some kind or another.

One guy was on 10 psi on his turbo, but you say that they know what they are doing and have built SRT-4's before. Sorry, I don't know one SRT-4 owner that runs 10 psi on a big turbo and knows what he is doing. The only reason he would be running 10 psi that I can possibly think of is because he is out of fuel and needs a FRL or larger fuel injectors. The only other reason for 10 psi on a big turbo is a massive boost leak.

So before the stage kits or additional mods they were fast as sh*t and raped you when you raced, but after they installed all this stuff, they are not basically equal to you. hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, yeah, something just doesn't sound right.

The wouldn't take the Aeroforce hp reading to heart too much. Mine said that I mad 465 hp (crank) after I installed my FM E1 turbo on my car. That would mean about 410 whp on my car. Yeah, I don't think so. I wish, but I don't think so.

Good races though none the less.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:43 PM

Last time i drove fast in bowling green.. i got pulled over