War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

A few drag runs for fun

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 01:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few drag runs for fun

I dunno if this is the right section to post but I figured I could share this!

Went to the track for the first time tonight, but there were no times.

Also, the weather was very bad for drag...was humid and a little fine rain for my 4 last runs (out of 5...) The track became slippery and it sucked ahrd for my little FWD!

Anyway, first run was against my buddy's RSX-S...we both had a bad launch, and I missed 3rd, but still I won by about 3-4 cars...

2nd run was against a stock Caliber SRT-4, and it started to rain a little...he got me but I spun a lot in 2nd gear... and missed 3rd again.. On every gears I was reeling on him when I had traction but he still won by roughly 1 car, maybe a little more.

I tried again against him, this time I had a slightly better launch, because I didn't go all out too early... but it was still very slippery. He otld me he missed 2nd...and I missed my damm 3rd again I was pissed lol, but I won that one. I have GMS1 and I definatly had more power then him once we both had traction.

Then I tried again with ym RSX-S buddy and was similar, and I missed 3rd again....it sucked hardcore lol, on the streets when I NSL 2 to 3 I make it about 9 times out of 10, dunno what was wrong but 3rd wouldn't just go in when I NLSed, I would have done better by simply shifting those 4 runs so far...

Last 2 runs I tried a stock WRX and he somked me both times... It was time for em to go as there was no way to get a descent launch anymore...too much rain. One run I had to let off the gas 3-4 times in 2nd, when it was boosting it would do nothing but spin...and he was gone lol. I kinda let off in 3rd, he was wayyyy too far.

And my final run the guy told me to be more on the side of the track as it's less slippery when wet, I got a slightly better launch, but once in 2nd I spun way too much again and he flew by me, I then started reeling him HARD...but he had about 1-2 cars ahead of me at the lane...

It was enough for me I was a little pissed by the fact that:

1-Track was wet and I had ZERO trackion at that point lol.
My damm 3rd didn't want me to throw it in tonight! And guess what, on my way back home I NLSed just for the hell of it 2 times, and got them perfectly...yay lol...

Anyhoo, I know it sucked, was ym first time and I'm definatly going to go again eventually, but not when comditions are that bad.

Please no harst comment about driving lol, as I said it was my first time ever at the strip, had bad conditions and for my 3rd gear misses...well I have no excuse hahaha but was a very high rate of unsuccess which is not usual!

Despite of all that, I'm glad I got the Caliber SRT-4 at least once. First run was very ugly with the bad satrt for me and a missed 3rd...but at least both runs I noticed I had more power once we had traction. Just have to get those damm gears in!

-Doom

-Edit:
Forgot to add..I turned traction control off, but in the last 2 runs against the WRX I spun so much I even got a weird noise, and figured out on the 2nd run it was the ESC-ECS thingy system...just to show how bad it was!!!
Old 07-24-2010, 04:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
be careful with that rain bro it can get dangerous....but nice kills/deaths!