War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

ls3 c6 vs me

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 04:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a guy around head beat a h/c c6 in a srt4 with a 50trim on race gas
Old 09-22-2009, 04:49 PM
Banned

Umm, I know whats in your sig, and it's definately not enough to run with a h/c LS3 c6.
Old 09-22-2009, 04:50 PM

funny thread.... good job area.....
Old 09-22-2009, 04:55 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SLoW SHO
Umm, I know whats in your sig, and it's definately not enough to run with a h/c LS3 c6.
you know NOTHING about my car....

It's trapped 124 mph on pump gas...and 130 on race fuel..but I really don't care to argue with you over the internet, I used to do that too often and half the time people arguing drive 13 second cars anyway
Old 09-22-2009, 05:13 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBVdnHdPUV8
Old 09-23-2009, 04:08 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jyFE...eature=related
Old 09-24-2009, 10:41 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Alright, I wasn't going to post it, because I was probably going to get flamed to no end, but last Saturday I beat a C6 Vette from a roll in front of at least four witnesses. That being said, it had to have been an LS2 one and perhaps an auto too... or the guy couldn't drive. I see no other way. It felt extra satisfying though because the guy driving it was a seemed like a complete d-b.

Good run Area. Those LS3s can sure move out, so even hanging with one for a while is a big deal in my mind.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:31 PM

I would definently rather have a vette over a balt any day!

Imagine if you put all that money into a real race car and not a junk cobalt! No offence I own a real nice balt but it's all plastic and cheap and the drive train and suspension could have used a little more attension.

My car feels like its going to flip when I'm doing 70 around sharp turns?
I have every suspension mod except a rear sway bar...

I have my GTP finally running so I now remember what it's like to have a comfortable expensive GM! Not to mention it's completely built and scary fast! I can't hit the gas yet but I have accedently given it 1/4 throttle and holyshit!!!!

All togather I love my balt and I'm putting down almost 300whp on pump gas, so it's no slouch. It just doesn't compare to the quality of a vette!
Old 09-24-2009, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by STS2/SS
I would definently rather have a vette over a balt any day!

Imagine if you put all that money into a real race car and not a junk cobalt! No offence I own a real nice balt but it's all plastic and cheap and the drive train and suspension could have used a little more attension.

My car feels like its going to flip when I'm doing 70 around sharp turns?
I have every suspension mod except a rear sway bar...

I have my GTP finally running so I now remember what it's like to have a comfortable expensive GM! Not to mention it's completely built and scary fast! I can't hit the gas yet but I have accedently given it 1/4 throttle and holyshit!!!!

All togather I love my balt and I'm putting down almost 300whp on pump gas, so it's no slouch. It just doesn't compare to the quality of a vette!
yes... i would hope a 40k performance car would have a better build then a ~20k street performance car. I honostly don't see why were arguing over a car that's twice the price saying it's better with more potential... really?? i didn't know i thought i was blowing 20k more for better cup holders but that's just opinion it should be comon sense it's like the whole sti vs balt thing yea the sti has more potential but that's also cause it costs more (msrp wise not used of course when you're buying used vs new you could get a better used price)
Old 09-24-2009, 12:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
VERY BESTEST THREAD EVAR

ANY car can be bult to be faster then ANY OTHER car. I'm surprised that some people don't know or refuse to except this fact.
Old 09-24-2009, 12:57 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
In the end, from a money standpoint, you've got the smarter purchase. All maintenance, mods, insurance, and gas are more... and that's after you pay twice as much. Yeah a Vette is a Vette, but overall for what you get I feel the 'Balt is a smarter purchase.

I test drove some 2005/2006 Vettes when I was car shopping. I was surprised by how... dull... it was. By that I mean, you pop it in second the engine makes a deep rumble and you're already at highway speed... no struggle, no crazy sounds... it does it so easily that it's almost anti-climactic if that makes any sense.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:01 PM

yes there are always cars faster, however real racing isnt done on the street from a roll
Old 09-24-2009, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jackalope
VERY BESTEST THREAD EVAR

ANY car can be bult to be faster then ANY OTHER car. I'm surprised that some people don't know or refuse to except this fact.
lol this too it's whoever has deeper pockets for the most part of the site needs to understand that and when a balt or something like that loses its like OMFG just more proof the balts are **** compaired to everything but with the right amount of time and money anything can be fast why do you think the srt guys do so well it's not cause they site there and dog on their own car and speculate what car they're buying next they're all about making their car fast but that's another opinion of mine
Old 09-24-2009, 01:04 PM

Originally Posted by LE5_AJ
yes... i would hope a 40k performance car would have a better build then a ~20k street performance car. I honostly don't see why were arguing over a car that's twice the price saying it's better with more potential... really?? i didn't know i thought i was blowing 20k more for better cup holders but that's just opinion it should be comon sense it's like the whole sti vs balt thing yea the sti has more potential but that's also cause it costs more (msrp wise not used of course when you're buying used vs new you could get a better used price)
That is 100% true if you look at it that way. I look at it in I've wasted 20K for the car and wasted 9k in upgrades I could of bought a used vette??? Not argueing just saying....

You should really look at spending a coupla grand on a GTP 98-03 they are the absolute best bang for your buck!!!!! Just sit in one you'll see what I'm saying!
Old 09-24-2009, 01:04 PM

Actualy you'd be surprised insurance for a Vette isn't that bad. Most people who can aford then are older and more responcible (note I did say MOST!) so the insurance isn't that bad. Maintenance should be about = and mods really aren't that bad either. Gas probbly isn't that far off either compaired to a highly modded Cobalt also.

Now myself I prefer a car that can leap to highway speeds easily and doesn't need to strain nor sound like a heard of angry bumblee bees to get there either.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Stamina
In the end, from a money standpoint, you've got the smarter purchase. All maintenance, mods, insurance, and gas are more... and that's after you pay twice as much. Yeah a Vette is a Vette, but overall for what you get I feel the 'Balt is a smarter purchase.

I test drove some 2005/2006 Vettes when I was car shopping. I was surprised by how... dull... it was. By that I mean, you pop it in second the engine makes a deep rumble and you're already at highway speed... no struggle, no crazy sounds... it does it so easily that it's almost anti-climactic if that makes any sense.

That is why I love my balt!!!
Old 09-24-2009, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Rodimus_Prime
yes there are always cars faster, however real racing isnt done on the street from a roll
Shhhhhhhhh............ don't say that too loud people will come looking for you.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:08 PM

Actualy you'd be surprised insurance for a Vette isn't that bad. Most people who can aford then are older and more responcible (note I did say MOST!) so the insurance isn't that bad. Maintenance should be about = and mods really aren't that bad either. Gas probbly isn't that far off either compaired to a highly modded Cobalt also.

Now myself I prefer a car that can leap to highway speeds easily and doesn't need to strain nor sound like a heard of angry bumblee bees to get there either.
For an 05 Z06 I was going to pay 890 for 6 months right now with the balt I pay 1200??... The reason USAA gave me was cause it's unsafe!

Shhhhhhhhh............ don't say that too loud people will come looking for you.
That's fucken funny!!!

Last edited by STS2/SS; 09-24-2009 at 01:08 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-24-2009, 01:19 PM

For an 05 Z06 I was going to pay 890 for 6 months right now with the balt I pay 1200??... The reason USAA gave me was cause it's unsafe!

The Balts unsafe? PFT! My mom had an 06 Cobalt sedan and was hit by an 18 wheeler who ran a red light and she's just fine. True the Balt was totaled but she wasn't.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:23 PM
Rent me! per hour

Received 20 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Rodimus_Prime
catch me.
Old 09-24-2009, 01:25 PM

Originally Posted by Area47
catch me.
UH OH, the gauntlet has been thrown down!
Old 09-24-2009, 01:27 PM

That is 100% true if you look at it that way. I look at it in I've wasted 20K for the car and wasted 9k in upgrades I could of bought a used vette??? Not argueing just saying....

You should really look at spending a coupla grand on a GTP 98-03 they are the absolute best bang for your buck!!!!! Just sit in one you'll see what I'm saying!
True but if you think about how cheap you can get a gtp for and the aftermarket it has now. The ss/sc could be the same a few years from now and the ss/tc later (if not sooner if people would stop fighting and start researching and developing parts and stuff for the car the tuning needs to get better) how much do gtps weigh??
Old 09-24-2009, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by LE5_AJ
(if not sooner if people would stop fighting and start researching and developing parts and stuff for the car the tuning needs to get better)
But E-fighting is so much fun!
Old 09-24-2009, 01:30 PM

But E-fighting is so much fun!
I know right!?!? i would put up stuff myself but i'm poor lol (although i did just put 1200 into my car but that's not enough to be where i wanna be with my car)
Old 09-24-2009, 01:37 PM

The Balts unsafe? PFT! My mom had an 06 Cobalt sedan and was hit by an 18 wheeler who ran a red light and she's just fine. True the Balt was totaled but she wasn't.

Where is the rest of the totaled car? It looks like it was hit with an Aveo and could drive away...

Alright, I wasn't going to post it, because I was probably going to get flamed to no end, but last Saturday I beat a C6 Vette from a roll in front of at least four witnesses. That being said, it had to have been an LS2 one and perhaps an auto too... or the guy couldn't drive. I see no other way. It felt extra satisfying though because the guy driving it was a seemed like a complete d-b.

Good run Area. Those LS3s can sure move out, so even hanging with one for a while is a big deal in my mind.
One TC owner posts a win over something then here come the rest...

Smarter purchase? Who cross shops the two? Vette's can get in upwards of 30 mpg highway, their insurance is pretty similar as I have heard they are pretty cheap because they mostly aren't driven by high school kids like a cobalt. Then you have to dump a lot of money in the balt just to equal a stock vette performance. Oh, and the crash safety of the vette > balt Look at what the structure of the vette is made with.

Oh, and that last part is called power; get why people like V8's???

Tyler

Quick Reply: ls3 c6 vs me