War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Me vs 5.7L GTO

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 04:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RoelSS
Ask the guys who just went to the track from this:
https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/south-pacific-57/california-speedway-june-27th-175943/

The best time was 13.6x on I believe from a member here "Rissa" her car driven by "hatrickstu" This is from a Turbo SS. Ask hatrickstu, racing in 100 degree weather at 1500' above sea level and bad track prep = the times I just mentioned.

This tracks in this this part of Cali suck, these cars at atco would be turning in 12's huh?
My car was running really shitty that day as well!!!!
Old 08-06-2009, 05:32 PM

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by Rissa
My car was running really shitty that day as well!!!!
I know, I read about it. I didn't make it that day because my PCM was't triggering the Nitrous for some reason.
Old 08-06-2009, 08:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 04goat
now if anyone wants to see the dyno sheet they can go to ableraceing.com
well I tried but I can't find any such link... www.ableraceing.com doesn't work...http://ableraceing.com doesn't work... how about providing us a direct hyper link so I can view your dyno plot that causing you to say you have 500hp..
Old 08-07-2009, 08:55 AM

i didn't say anything about the gto beating cobalts 99% of the time. and i did not use ricer math. you might want to look into the mirror for someone who drives around a 4 cyl car with or without a wing. i took mine off my goat when i bought it. as it does absoutely nothing but add eight on the car. apparently you do not know as much about ls1's as you think! i am still useing the stock intake as it is the ls6 intake,pacesetter longtubes,stock throttle body,stock 241 heads, and when my car was dynoed they put 21 back to back pulls to get as much out of it as they could. they did so many that the stock clutch was starting to slip. and there was so many ford cobra people at the dyno area that said there was no way my car was going to make the hp and tq it did to the wheels. i am going to put ud pulleys, and heads on before long. now if anyone wants to see the dyno sheet they can go to ableraceing.com. mine is in there web site. also the dyno was done on a dynojet dyno. as i stated before i am glad to see the cobalt win his race. as anything can happen on the street. as more and more young people are getting to buy cars with alot more hp and tq than they are used to. when you go to the track just watch the other people in there cars, and you will see that alot of people do not know how to drive....
I just have two things to point out, well ok maybe three. First, do you know how to type a sentence and use paragraphs? I feel like I am reading something written by a 12 year old but from what I can gather you have a kid.

Second, what the heck does a wing have to do with anything? Did you fill in the holes at a paint and body shop? or did you just buy some plugs and paint them and slap them in there? With an 04 and a smooth hood I would go with out the spoiler, with an 05+ that has the hood scoops I would leave it on because I like to keep a balance when looking at it from the side. Granted that is my opinion but a car with a 2 inch rise spoiler and that actually has the ***** to back it up can not be called a ricer spoiler...

Finally anyone who guesstimates (sp?) their engine HP and goes around telling people what it has and they don't know is doing ricer math. Just state your rear wheel hp since you know exactly what that is putting down. 500 at the crank would mean you have over a 20% drive train loss with the rear wheel hp you have which we all know is way to much for a M6. It surely doesn't help us GTO guys look any better when you tell someone you have 500hp and a tuned only TC Cobalt is walking away from you.

One other thing, when I said intake I meant air box intake. I didn't think someone of your caliber would even so much as mention the actual intake manifold but hey, it is nice to know it has the LS6 manifold on it, I swore it was the LS4. But are you still running the stock air box and paper filter? Those numbers aren't bad cam only, what are the specs on it? BTW if you are still running the stock box I would look into a intake, and from what I hear the Svede intake for the 04's is the way to go!

Tyler
Old 08-08-2009, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by JROD38383
so if these cars can run 13s, how did my stock (cai only) cobalt outrun it ? i was still pulling when i let off ... was it because his was an automatic ?
I have a modded LS1 GTO A4 and let me tell ya bone stock they're vulnerable to anything that can run low 14's/high 13's especially in the hot summer. Heat soak and torque management really slow the GTO A4 down. I struggled to get out of the low 14/high 13 range myself when she was stock. She was heatsoaked so bad one night the best I could run was a 14.5 at 93!!! The car pulls massive timing when it gets hot enough. Now after catback, LT's, cai, and a dyno tune she's much stronger now. Put down 339 rwhp-355 rwtq after just these simple mods.

The LS1 GTO M6 is a different beast from the A4 with a good driver. Can run mid 13's trapping 104-105 on a good night.
Old 08-09-2009, 10:31 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by tornatic!!
I have a modded LS1 GTO A4 and let me tell ya bone stock they're vulnerable to anything that can run low 14's/high 13's especially in the hot summer. Heat soak and torque management really slow the GTO A4 down. I struggled to get out of the low 14/high 13 range myself when she was stock. She was heatsoaked so bad one night the best I could run was a 14.5 at 93!!! The car pulls massive timing when it gets hot enough. Now after catback, LT's, cai, and a dyno tune she's much stronger now. Put down 339 rwhp-355 rwtq after just these simple mods.

The LS1 GTO M6 is a different beast from the A4 with a good driver. Can run mid 13's trapping 104-105 on a good night.
We appreciate your honesty!
Def a different car i the cool air and modded.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:56 PM

ok let me start again. sorry for leaving out that i have a k&n cold air kit. and as far as the tuned cobalt beating my car. you must have been cufused between what i wrote and someone else, because i have never been beat by one stock or modded. i have 399 rwhp and 389rwtq now on a n/a ls1.. all i have done to this engine is custom exhaust,comp cam kit, and pacesetter longtubes. i am still on the stock heads, intake, and throttle body. the bottom end is still stock, and so is the 6 sp and the 342's in the back!!! the place that did my car in okc ok did 21 back to back pulls on a dyno jet dyno. me and my son did polish the throttle body, and do a tb bypass. just for better air flow. i am still useing the stock maf with the k&n. the times i have put in my sig was done with the stock clutch 1 yr after the install, and it was slipping very bad. and i mean blue smoke on every shift and the smell of burnt clutch all the way down the strip. i did the 12.70 on the dr's. i have out run several modded 04 cobras in the okc area. all of these were done on the street and from a roll. not even a race really. maybe i should not have told this guy that i was at 500 flywheel hp, but i did tell him i was at 400 to the wheels. and the guy just laughed and said it was funny how i just left him sitting there like he never touched the gas... and i have had my gto from the day it was sitting on the showroom floor with 3 miles on it. i am not a youngster and i have been driveing fast cars for a very long time. my very first car was a 1966 dodge monaco 383 with the powerglide tranny. bored 60 over, popup pistons, or race pistons and heads, and if my memory serves me right i believe the cam was a 600 something. this was in 1976 that i owned this car. so all of these arguments was over me saying that i may have guestimated my hp. and as far as the place that did my car they are having site problems. i have let them know what you guy's said about them and there site and they will be getting on here as soon as they get it back up with the proof you need. now i really hope you guy's have very good day. and sorry for the way long post!!!

oh yea my 04 has a rksport fiberglass hood that the dealer put on when i bought it. this is a true functional ram air hood for the gto.
just thought i would throw that in there two.

Last edited by 04goat; 08-09-2009 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-09-2009, 10:03 PM

nice kill dude im givin u props... the ls1 goat isnt that quick.... my buddy drove my car for the first time and ran a ls1 goat from a 20 roll and pulled him like he was sitting still and my car was spinnin all of 1st and 2nd... i was disipointed... i figured the ls1 would have put up alil better then that...
Old 08-09-2009, 10:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
i am not a youngster and i have been driveing fast cars for a very long time.
what age is considered not a youngster?
Old 08-09-2009, 10:52 PM

Originally Posted by Bades
nice kill dude im givin u props... the ls1 goat isnt that quick.... my buddy drove my car for the first time and ran a ls1 goat from a 20 roll and pulled him like he was sitting still and my car was spinnin all of 1st and 2nd... i was disipointed... i figured the ls1 would have put up alil better then that...
thanks man, nothing is better than pulling from a v8 gto in a $10,000 car that sounds like a weedeater haha
Old 08-10-2009, 05:16 AM

Originally Posted by Hugger1975
We appreciate your honesty!
Def a different car i the cool air and modded.
Thanks. I know you know how much better the LS engines are in cooler weather. I drove the LS3 C6 Vette around for a day and that engine is a beast especially over 100. I see the vehicles in your sig are red which is obviously the fastest color. My Goat is torrid red.

Originally Posted by Bades
You got to remember they put that LS1 in a 3800 lb tank not even factoring the driver's weight. LS1 with that weight runs more like a strong LT1 at times. The LS1 in lighter cars like the F-bods and C5 Vette are much tougher. You race a well driven LS1 Vette 6-spd and they're probably a good 1/2 second faster than the average LS1 GTO in the 1/4.

Last edited by tornatic!!; 08-10-2009 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-10-2009, 10:55 AM

ok let me start again. sorry for leaving out that i have a k&n cold air kit. and as far as the tuned cobalt beating my car. you must have been cufused between what i wrote and someone else, because i have never been beat by one stock or modded. i have 399 rwhp and 389rwtq now on a n/a ls1.. all i have done to this engine is custom exhaust,comp cam kit, and pacesetter longtubes. i am still on the stock heads, intake, and throttle body. the bottom end is still stock, and so is the 6 sp and the 342's in the back!!! the place that did my car in okc ok did 21 back to back pulls on a dyno jet dyno. me and my son did polish the throttle body, and do a tb bypass. just for better air flow. i am still useing the stock maf with the k&n. the times i have put in my sig was done with the stock clutch 1 yr after the install, and it was slipping very bad. and i mean blue smoke on every shift and the smell of burnt clutch all the way down the strip. i did the 12.70 on the dr's. i have out run several modded 04 cobras in the okc area. all of these were done on the street and from a roll. not even a race really. maybe i should not have told this guy that i was at 500 flywheel hp, but i did tell him i was at 400 to the wheels. and the guy just laughed and said it was funny how i just left him sitting there like he never touched the gas... and i have had my gto from the day it was sitting on the showroom floor with 3 miles on it. i am not a youngster and i have been driveing fast cars for a very long time. my very first car was a 1966 dodge monaco 383 with the powerglide tranny. bored 60 over, popup pistons, or race pistons and heads, and if my memory serves me right i believe the cam was a 600 something. this was in 1976 that i owned this car. so all of these arguments was over me saying that i may have guestimated my hp. and as far as the place that did my car they are having site problems. i have let them know what you guy's said about them and there site and they will be getting on here as soon as they get it back up with the proof you need. now i really hope you guy's have very good day. and sorry for the way long post!!!

oh yea my 04 has a rksport fiberglass hood that the dealer put on when i bought it. this is a true functional ram air hood for the gto.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:16 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by bwalker0510
yeah his windows were tinted and when he rolled them down after the race i just looked at him with wtf all over my face. he just smiled and nodded and drove off. it tooks days for me to get over the fact he was wearing an oxygen tank.
LMFAO!!
Old 08-10-2009, 12:21 PM

heck yea the goat is a heavy ass ****... the vette tho is a dif story...
Old 08-10-2009, 12:26 PM
Banned

I'm glad I dont have a fat pig of a GTO hahahaha Or do I??
Old 08-12-2009, 06:47 PM

what a bunch of babble, couldn't get thru such a painful read. Whom taught you to type?

For the 2nd time, where is the link to your so-called 500hp dyno plot?

Originally Posted by euthanasia
I'm glad I dont have a fat pig of a GTO hahahaha Or do I??
Yeah honey, it's chubby, fat and heavy...

Last edited by LittleMT; 08-12-2009 at 06:47 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 08-13-2009, 03:46 AM

LS1s are turds. And ricer hoods add absolutely no horsepower. Sorry to hear that you wasted an extra $1400 on it at the dealership....
Old 08-13-2009, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by 09Cobalt
LS1s are turds. And ricer hoods add absolutely no horsepower. Sorry to hear that you wasted an extra $1400 on it at the dealership....
Looking at your posts are you the new ******* on this forum, really? Listen kid, just because you get your first quick economy car doesn't mean you know everything, and judging by your remarks you actually know very little. Stop talking, listen to what the other wiser folks have to say and learn.

An LS1 could make you look silly every which way with out even trying. Please tell me you are atleast running your mouth with a TC because if you drive a LS I am going to LMAO...

Tyler

You just joined yesterday? Holy crap, I am guessing you got your license Tuesday and your car Wednesday? STFU already
Old 08-13-2009, 10:25 AM

did your parents have any children that lived?
Old 08-13-2009, 10:51 AM

^
Old 08-13-2009, 12:04 PM

Originally Posted by amxguy1970
Looking at your posts are you the new ******* on this forum, really? Listen kid, just because you get your first quick economy car doesn't mean you know everything, and judging by your remarks you actually know very little. Stop talking, listen to what the other wiser folks have to say and learn.

An LS1 could make you look silly every which way with out even trying. Please tell me you are atleast running your mouth with a TC because if you drive a LS I am going to LMAO...

Tyler

You just joined yesterday? Holy crap, I am guessing you got your license Tuesday and your car Wednesday? STFU already
Right... I'm gonna go ahead and ignore most of your rambling. I know what LS1s are capable of, and they're weak ****. Sorry man, go cry to your LS1 god that a guy with a Cobalt on the internets is speaking truth and hurt your feelings.

Originally Posted by LittleMT
did your parents have any children that lived?
Does your mother know that the baby in her is mine? I doubt she'd remember anything about that night.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:01 PM

Right... I'm gonna go ahead and ignore most of your rambling. I know what LS1s are capable of, and they're weak ****. Sorry man, go cry to your LS1 god that a guy with a Cobalt on the internets is speaking truth and hurt your feelings.

Does your mother know that the baby in her is mine? I doubt she'd remember anything about that night.
GTFO! You don't know much it's obvious. LS1>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>LNF. Get over it.
Old 08-13-2009, 01:13 PM

You sir are an ignorant idiot and you obviously don't know ****. Even your cobalt buddies are telling you this.

What model cobalt do you own BTW?

Tyler
Old 08-13-2009, 03:08 PM

They need to start doing IQ tests before they allow people to join up and post around here, It'll flush out all the idiots and morons such as this clown.
Old 08-13-2009, 05:47 PM

as i stated youngsters! as most on here are. and the ls1 gto is slow stock. mod it and it becomes a beast. just like the cobalts...
as far as you mt. the shop is having site problems. when they do get it back up they will put it on here for all you to see that a ls1 with 3 mods did 400 rwhp. and i did admit that i did just say 500 hp to him. but in the same breath of air he was told the car was 400 rwhp. the hood is from rksport that was put on the car from the dealer. and i pd 24.000 $ for the car off the showroom floor. besides it is not a ricer hood. your older cars come with the fast and furious wing that gm put on there because it made the car sell better...
and i do not have the plugs where my wing was. i had them welded shut, and redone.. one thing i can garantee is you guy's are as pissy as the ones on the mustang forums. i like all cars whether it is domestic or foreign. and i am a member of alot of other forums besides this one...

Quick Reply: Me vs 5.7L GTO