War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

My SS/TC vs new STi

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 11:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FutureEcotecOwner
I understand where you're coming from, but you have to realize that my local track sucks ***** and it never gets prepped. I go there about twice a month, run a time or 2 just to see if they have prepped it, and then I'm done. If I had AWD I would complain about roll racing too, so again, your car has its ups and downs and so does mine. Once I get some nice DR's than I'm gonna head to Bowling Green and run the 1/4 mile, but until then I take what I can get.

He didnt say **** about meeting you, where was this at? And did he see the car?
whats the point of going to the track at all if street racing is fine with you? looks like you should even waste the money. and what downside does AWD have?

funny how both you and permafried were quick to jump onto my car. looks like reading> both of you. i used to own an SS/SC, no need to try and debate the 2 cars and their badassedness, i like them both.

Last edited by Mnatvyc1223; 07-19-2009 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-19-2009, 11:56 PM

Originally Posted by Mnatvyc1223
whats the point of going to the track at all if street racing is fine with you? looks like you should even waste the money. and what downside does AWD have?
Street racing isnt fine with me, but on open back roads, you're basically racing on a track. I dont street race on busy roads or with cars everywhere. I guess one of the downsides is that they suck from a roll, LOL.

Originally Posted by Mnatvyc1223

funny how both you and permafried were quick to jump onto my car. looks like reading> both of you. i used to own an SS/SC, no need to try and debate the 2 cars and their badassedness, i like them both.
I wasnt jumping on your EVO, I was just agreeing with what he said.

Last edited by FutureEcotecOwner; 07-19-2009 at 11:56 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 07-19-2009, 11:58 PM

I didnt jump on your car at all if you re-read my posts; I find too many AWD owners think their cars are immune to the shock a chasis experiences at the strip and people forget what the components see when you release that clutch at the line. For this reason I suggested a circuit over a strip, nothing personal in this at all. I wasnt pointing the finger at you directly by any means...I thought I was being civil and generating conversation but you seemed to take this differently.