War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

My SS vs. all....

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2005, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW! He must have great traction in Florida. I to have played with my SS/SC since I got it early July. Won some, lost some! Sure have not had the "LUCK" with races in Las Vegas or maybe just not picking the right sucker posers! But would like to see some video to support your record of spanking cars that don't seem to real, at least here in Vegas those wins don't seem real from the SRT-4's,WRX,Mustang,Camero,Honda,Acura runs I have had. Don't get me wrong, I love my SS/SC and it's much quicker than my SVT Focus that has many upgrades. I just am aware of my driving and what I have experienced since getting my SS/SC. My BIGGEST complaint or problem with my SS/SC is traction out of the hole. Once I hook up the car flies with the best, it's hooking up that is hard. It's also a lot hotter here than most places, so can't wait for temps to cool down to get better traction at the track to get some better times. Best I have been able to lay down is 15.3 at 97mph at Las Vegas Speedway Midnight Madness.
Old 08-16-2005, 03:05 PM

Originally Posted by Scrappyvegas
Best I have been able to lay down is 15.3 at 97mph at Las Vegas Speedway Midnight Madness.
Heat and altitude kills ya there. Isn't LVMS around 4500ft above sea level?
Old 08-16-2005, 05:23 PM

ok you stupid ****** haters.. This is really pretty easy to figure out.. I own this account. I have a CRX with Intake, and Exhaust and suspension.. I run a 14.1@97 mph.. I made an account on this SlowBalt site as soon as my FRIEND bought his SS. We cruise around in his SS all the time since it has A/C and we live in FL. Alll these races were all true.. I can vouch for him. I dont know weather the people racing coundlt drive? Missed a gear, has a fucked up clutch etc etc.. But a Cobalt SS is definetaly in my book.. a highway monster. I smoke that fukin SS in my REX until about 110 mph. He just steadily walks away then. -_- Of course, the fact that the Cobalt shifts into 5th gear @ 140mph isnt an advantage in my book. My JDM tranny winds out 5th gear at 143mph

So, to all you fukin honda haters.. Gimme your addy or somethin, ill get you a bottle of haterade. I chirp 4th@90 all day long. I could care less if you believe me.. I'd like to see anyone in a cobaltss chirp even 3rd. GL with the minor mods that I have.

Sometimes I wish people thought of this in the same aspects I do..

A car is a car.. Weather its made in Japan, or US, or even Mexico.. You still have to respect the fact that heavy engineering and research has went into that. Even though im a Honda ryder I still have mad respect for Delta platforms and even Jbody's.. I know whats up.

BTW.. Im 20 ( the one owning the CRX ) and my friend is 20 ( owning the cobalt SS) and we BOTH pay for everything OURSELVES.. **** mom and dad.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:27 PM

WOW someone needs to take a crap and get rid of there constipation kinda stupid to come on here and call us all stupid ******* half the **** he said isnt really believable man even if it happened. and u would think if you were 20 you might be a little more mature. i used to post messages like that when i was 12.
Old 08-16-2005, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by StupidSlowCRX
ok you stupid ****** haters.. This is really pretty easy to figure out.. I own this account. I have a CRX with Intake, and Exhaust and suspension.. I run a 14.1@97 mph.. I made an account on this SlowBalt site as soon as my FRIEND bought his SS. We cruise around in his SS all the time since it has A/C and we live in FL. Alll these races were all true.. I can vouch for him. I dont know weather the people racing coundlt drive? Missed a gear, has a fucked up clutch etc etc.. But a Cobalt SS is definetaly in my book.. a highway monster. I smoke that fukin SS in my REX until about 110 mph. He just steadily walks away then. -_- Of course, the fact that the Cobalt shifts into 5th gear @ 140mph isnt an advantage in my book. My JDM tranny winds out 5th gear at 143mph

So, to all you fukin honda haters.. Gimme your addy or somethin, ill get you a bottle of haterade. I chirp 4th@90 all day long. I could care less if you believe me.. I'd like to see anyone in a cobaltss chirp even 3rd. GL with the minor mods that I have.

Sometimes I wish people thought of this in the same aspects I do..

A car is a car.. Weather its made in Japan, or US, or even Mexico.. You still have to respect the fact that heavy engineering and research has went into that. Even though im a Honda ryder I still have mad respect for Delta platforms and even Jbody's.. I know whats up.

BTW.. Im 20 ( the one owning the CRX ) and my friend is 20 ( owning the cobalt SS) and we BOTH pay for everything OURSELVES.. **** mom and dad.
Thats some good stuff.
Old 08-16-2005, 06:08 PM

Gee...touchy aren't we?

So your 14.1 @ 97 yawnduh SMOKES your friend's Cobalt SS, yet he claims to beat SRT's and G35's?? Something sounds fishy to me.

oh...and how exactly are you chirpin' 4th? .... by shifting into 4th at 20 mph, holding the clutch in, revving to the limiter then dumping the clutch? In a torque-monster like a yawnduh, that should get you a millisecond worth of rubber!

Old 08-16-2005, 07:08 PM

Originally Posted by Wannago
Gee...touchy aren't we?

So your 14.1 @ 97 yawnduh SMOKES your friend's Cobalt SS, yet he claims to beat SRT's and G35's?? Something sounds fishy to me.

oh...and how exactly are you chirpin' 4th? .... by shifting into 4th at 20 mph, holding the clutch in, revving to the limiter then dumping the clutch? In a torque-monster like a yawnduh, that should get you a millisecond worth of rubber!

Don't be stupid ... he snagged a pair of refurbished "M" speed rated tires so he could brag about not having traction.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:28 PM

just hit the track up...its more fun.
Old 08-16-2005, 07:37 PM

Ok, this is the owner of the SS again. I do not have an internet connection, so I posted on my friends account. My mistake, obviously. The CRX I listed at the end of my kills is in fact my friends CRX (this account name).

I may be slightly off in some of my distance estimates... go figure... thats alot of races and Im too busy driving to grap a damn tape measure ya know?

G35 #1 Was an automatic.

G35 #2 Was a 6-spd. Understand the difference?

The SVT Focus is a friend of mine, who did NOT shut down... I just botched the launch, period.

You notice that 90% of those races are in our cars f*cking powerband? From 50 on in 2nd, I beat almost anything that has a 1/2 second faster ET then me. If I race that CRX from there, I will pull from him. But if the race is from a dead stop, he gets a good 2 cars on me as soon as I shift into 2nd, so I don't catch him till Im going about 110. 100 is the quarter mile, so figure I am 3-4 tenths slower ET. Everything adds up as far as I'm concerned. Bring up anything you think is BS with any of those races, and I'll defend it.

Oh, SRT4 #3 (40 mph roll) was venting his BOV, which is why I would assume it was so much slower. But it was slower, period.

One last thing... what do you guys think the REAL curb wieght is for our cars? I'll let you know, so you can call me on BS with this too. Mine wieghed in at 2850 with a 1/4 tank of gas, and EVERYTHING stock in the car(spare jack etc). At another scale it was 2871 with a little more gas in it. I wieghed the damn thing TWICE just be sure it wasn't a fluke. Go wiegh one of yours and tell we what you find out.

Another last thing... I am Ace140 on j-body.net.... any of u guys in the central FL area feel free to hit me up. Peace......................
Old 08-17-2005, 08:48 AM

I may be slightly off in some of my distance estimates... go figure... thats alot of races and Im too busy driving to grap a damn tape measure ya know?

Then why even put the distances in there to begin with??? Like I said before, in the race with the Focus, you say you put 3 cars on him from 65 to 75 mph. Which means you had to catch up, and then pass him, (since you stated that he had you at 65mph.). How the **** is that even possible? Thats like a 3 sec time frame. Either he shut down, or you hit your warp speed button.
Don't post "kill" stories with inaccurate info. You'll give alot of people here in the impression they go out a beat a G35 by 3 lenghts, when in fact, they will probably get burnt. Especailly since now you add that it was an auto G35.
Also, you beat the drivers, not the cars, sorry to bust your bubble.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:12 AM
Banned

i gotta chime in on this as well.

i highly doubt you were outrunning an srt4 on the top end, considering that's where they benefit the most... when the turbo is spooled and the fact they have about 40+ hp than us and weigh almost the same. = driver error or BS

had 4 people in your car and you inched away from an upgraded srt4? i'm not even going to say it's driver error, that's just BS

i don't see you pulling 4 cars on a g35 even on the 280hp base model from 90-130. we're almost dead even in most categories comparing our cars to that one. = driver error or BS

we don't outrun modded motorcycles with our cars unless they are just simply not trying. = driver error or BS

and the roush stage 1 mustang.... you know they sell stage 1 kits for v6's right? i'm going to chalk that one up for not knowing what engine it had.

the cobra's for those years were shitty anyway. they weighed almost 3500 pounds and only had 240 hp

why do people feel the need to lie for this stuff?

as with the other's, i noticed how your car has a super-duper g14 classified multi-power engager switch that allows you to go from behind an svt focus at 65mph to three cars infront of him within 10mph. what that actually means is that you are now a member of the "won_by_flyby" club
Old 08-17-2005, 10:30 AM
Banned

G35 #1 Was an automatic.

G35 #2 Was a 6-spd. Understand the difference?

The SVT Focus is a friend of mine, who did NOT shut down... I just botched the launch, period.

You notice that 90% of those races are in our cars f*cking powerband? From 50 on in 2nd, I beat almost anything that has a 1/2 second faster ET then me.

Oh, SRT4 #3 (40 mph roll) was venting his BOV, which is why I would assume it was so much slower. But it was slower, period.

wow lol

alot of cars "vent" to the atmosphere.... not sure if maybe you just learned that new term and wanted to use it or what's going on lol.

and you beat anything that has a 1/2 better e/t than you just because you're rolling at 50mph in second? that's going up on my website lol

and you raced in our powerband.. hey that's a great concept, except for the fact that we're not the only cars that have a powerband lol. especially when comparing to the srt4
Old 08-17-2005, 10:30 AM

Well, I've done my fair share of racing in the 2months ive had my baby, so I'm going to share some of the good ones.

89 Ninja 600R(modded): Rolled from 70mph... just barely inched away from him.

The bike (should it exist anywhere but in your imagination) did not know he was racing you, much like every other vehicle on your list.

An 89 Modded 600R is probably about as fast, if not faster than my 85 Honda VF1100S. Which pulls 60MPH in less than 3 seconds, needs another 8 to trip the lights at the quarter at around 125MPH.

So I call shenanigans on the list, for we know that you are either a liar or don't know a non-race when you see one.
Old 08-17-2005, 10:37 AM

"Internet Racing".....don't you just love it???

While I own an import, I won't pretend (on this board or any other) that my RSX would keep up with an SS/SC. With CAI and Hondata, I think it would be fun to see how close I can come to one. Not expecting to win or anything...after all...torque wins races.

I've been a chevy fan since I was a kid (many, many years ago) and when it was time to buy a new car, I had just traded my wife's Bonneville (bottom end gone at 65K) for a V6 Accord. I looked at GT Mustangs, Eclipses, Celica GTS's, GTI's and while each had something I liked, they all had something I didn't. I test drove a Type S and was impressed with the N/A performance, smoothest 6 speed I'd ever shifted, and overall build quality. It also had it's down side...no rear seat room, zilch torque, and a few other things. BUT, I wasn't buying a car to win 1/4 mile races. I like the Cobalt and I'd buy 3 before I'd buy an SRT4, but that reflects my respect for Chevy performance.

Wishing I still had my 69 Z28 which I bought for $1900 in 1972. Weren't too many mopars that could play with that one.
Old 08-17-2005, 04:14 PM

k. You guys are gay.. Don't expect me to post anymore, sorry for making you read this thread.. Ohh, wait.. I didn't. Anyway, your all still gh3y.

kbyethx
Old 08-17-2005, 05:26 PM

k. You guys are gay.. Don't expect me to post anymore, sorry for making you read this thread.. Ohh, wait.. I didn't. Anyway, your all still gh3y.

kbyethx
Bye
Old 08-17-2005, 08:17 PM

kbyethx
Well, I guess I'm ghey . Come back on another date with some truthful kills, or at least videos to back yourself up, especially if you want us to believe raced a modded bike, and beat him.
Old 08-17-2005, 09:03 PM

Dont care what ne one else things i still think u have some big ***** for even trying cobras, and or bikes in general, even if you did lose i give you some respect for that nice jobs.