War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Newbs at prelude power.

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2006, 07:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 280Z1977
You can't be serious. There are TRD supercharged Scion tCs making 230+whp with 8psi and NO intercooler. Also there isn't a Cobalt on this site that can keep up with a boosted Type-S, twin-charged or otherwise.. You sir are the one that needs to do some homework. Horsepower is more important then torque especially with FWD cars. Also the RSX makes a claimed 1 LESS horsepower than the LSJ.

rated horsepower you douche ....I'm sick of your trolling move it along
Old 03-11-2006, 07:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by c7015
rated horsepower you douche ....I'm sick of your trolling move it along
Exactly... Type-S's are rated at 204, SS/SCs are rated at 205. How am I trolling? Is that what the definition of trolling is??? A person that is always right and knows more about the cars, then the drivers of said cars do?

That's a Scion that put down 239whp on 8psi with NO intercooler using the TRD kit.
Old 03-11-2006, 08:27 PM

you sir are retarded... THEY ARE THE SAME ******* CAR!!.. and there are 300 whp cobalts (a few on spray) and i believe one or two with full intense kits, exhaust, intake, header w/o spray... Im not sure what your point is with the non/intercooled scion is.. our intercooler is the size of a pickle.. just stop arguing for no reason.. THERE ARE 300 WHP LSJ's..
Old 03-11-2006, 08:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by PaulSS
you sir are retarded... THEY ARE THE SAME ******* CAR!!.. and there are 300 whp cobalts (a few on spray) and i believe one or two with full intense kits, exhaust, intake, header w/o spray... Im not sure what your point is with the non/intercooled scion is.. our intercooler is the size of a pickle.. just stop arguing for no reason.. THERE ARE 300 WHP LSJ's..
They are not the same car. They have different intakes and different wheels and tires. Wheels and tires effect gearing. Any proof of these 300hp Cobalts??

Size of a pickle??? Are you braindead? Cobalts have an air-to-water intercooler and are VERY efficient. Do you even know what an intercooler does? That is why it is impressive that the Scion makes that power without an intercooler. Add an intercooler and up the boost and they will make a lot of power.
Old 03-12-2006, 01:38 AM
Banned

Ricerology 101

Add an intercooler and up the boost and they will make a lot of power.
............This students it what we refer to as a TYPICAL RICER comment.........."well if _____ had ______ then _______ would be ________"

Ok class say it together, "well if ______ had _______ then ______ would be _______"

Next week we'll pick up with some, "You beat me because I didn't have my NOS installed", and don't forget its now whether you win or lose, but how many excuses you can make for losing or for not winning by that big a margin with your horsepower claims. Class dismissed.
Old 03-12-2006, 03:59 AM

Exactly... Type-S's are rated at 204, SS/SCs are rated at 205. How am I trolling? Is that what the definition of trolling is??? A person that is always right and knows more about the cars, then the drivers of said cars do?

That's a Scion that put down 239whp on 8psi with NO intercooler using the TRD kit.
exactly ...if not for your utter lack of knowledge on the SS you would realize that while the rated HP numbers on paper are the same ...what they put to the wheels is not, The GM engine is severly underated .... spend some more time on the site acutally looking at the threads instead of making yourself look like a fool in this one
Old 03-12-2006, 08:22 AM

Anyone else thing that TXRUL's Sig is in REALLY POOR TASTE?
Old 03-12-2006, 08:46 AM

Arrow

Originally Posted by campo165
"that is a redline, not a cobalt." yea their engines a lot different than the engine in the ss s/c.
lol, i hope there is sarcasm in this statement, it's like stating my GTO isnt the same as a Manaro and my LS2 isnt the same LS2 in a Corvette
Old 03-12-2006, 08:49 AM

Arrow

Originally Posted by Brian MP5T
i think it would be better if it looked like Osama or something, just looks like something from a bad peice of blackmarket art, hmmm, blackmarket art, thats a new one
Old 03-12-2006, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by RiCeEaTeR05SS
i think it would be better if it looked like Osama or something, just looks like something from a bad peice of blackmarket art, hmmm, blackmarket art, thats a new one

Umm, It the F-ing Cartoon that has upset the entire Muslim Community. The One that started Riots and BS all over the Planet...
Old 03-12-2006, 10:00 AM
p7x

this thread blows
Old 03-12-2006, 01:38 PM

Originally Posted by Brian MP5T
That kind **** might start a Jihad!! JIHAD, JIHAD, JIHAD!!! Say it out loud 3 times, it sounds like a donkey..
Old 03-13-2006, 01:49 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by TXRLU
............This students it what we refer to as a TYPICAL RICER comment.........."well if _____ had ______ then _______ would be ________"

Ok class say it together, "well if ______ had _______ then ______ would be _______"

Next week we'll pick up with some, "You beat me because I didn't have my NOS installed", and don't forget its now whether you win or lose, but how many excuses you can make for losing or for not winning by that big a margin with your horsepower claims. Class dismissed.
Since I am such a "ricer" how about you drag your POS over here and run either one of my "ricey" imports and watch me proceed to leave you like you are tied to a fat kid. That Scion makes more power then you guys without an intercooler and with lower boost and would probably eat almost every Cobalt on this site. All I was saying was think what it could do with an intercooler and more boost. Not ricerish at all.
Old 03-13-2006, 01:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by c7015
exactly ...if not for your utter lack of knowledge on the SS you would realize that while the rated HP numbers on paper are the same ...what they put to the wheels is not, The GM engine is severly underated .... spend some more time on the site acutally looking at the threads instead of making yourself look like a fool in this one
Exactly... can you not read???

Originally Posted by TXRLU
In the Redline forums (the one that you can't post threads in here) someone had an encounter with a Supercharged Scion Tc. The guy said he consistantly pulled 3-4 car lengths on the Scion. So for the foreign fanbois that think their N/A cars would out run an LSJ with the help from some F/I, I think they need to do some more homework. Sure the imports make "close" to the same horsepower as domestics with the same sized displacement, but when you compare ALL performance the imports are usually a big step behind when it comes to torque which is what gets you moving in the first place. Case in point, the RSX Type-S makes what 5-10 more claimed HP than the LSJ? What the foreign fans fail to recognize is that particular engine only makes about 143@7000RPM as compared to the LSJ's 200@4400RPM. Hopefully we can get the LSJ some more encounters with foreign F/I cars to prove a point, but I think once that happens we'll start hearing the typical ricer response, "Well you have forged pistons, my boost levels are lower than yours, my tires weren't inflated for proper road racing".........I say RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG and quit crying when you lose!
My response...

Originally Posted by 280z1977
You can't be serious. There are TRD supercharged Scion tCs making 230+whp with 8psi and NO intercooler. Also there isn't a Cobalt on this site that can keep up with a boosted Type-S, twin-charged or otherwise.. You sir are the one that needs to do some homework. Horsepower is more important then torque especially with FWD cars. Also the RSX makes a claimed 1 LESS horsepower than the LSJ.
Nobody was talking about what the cars put down, just what they were rated at. I know exactly what the Cobalts put down and I know they don't run the times they should with that power.

Got 'em.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:32 AM

Nobody was talking about what the cars put down, just what they were rated at. I know exactly what the Cobalts put down and I know they don't run the times they should with that power.

Got 'em.
The best times I have seen a tC with the TRD S/C was in the 15's. That was with better 60' time than most of us with a stock SS S/C. He was also running race fuel. There are also many posts that show the RSX Type-S as being slower in the 1/4 than us. This while we are combatting lack of traction and wheel hop.

Obviously these other cars don't aswell.
Old 03-13-2006, 02:44 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Supercharged
The best times I have seen a tC with the TRD S/C was in the 15's. That was with better 60' time than most of us with a stock SS S/C. He was also running race fuel. There are also many posts that show the RSX Type-S as being slower in the 1/4 than us. This while we are combatting lack of traction and wheel hop.

Obviously these other cars don't aswell.
That is what you have seen and the ones you have seen probably weren't putting down 239 to the wheels. The RSX makes less power. Even with slicks(or DRs) the car doesn't put down the numbers it should.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:02 AM

Why wouldn't it be? It was the TRD S/C like you said the others have. Are there more mods on the 239 WHP ones. If there are then we are not talking from the factory/factory support since TRD only claims 200 hp.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:15 AM
Banned

Why wouldn't it be? It was the TRD S/C like you said the others have. Are there more mods on the 239 WHP ones. If there are then we are not talking from the factory/factory support since TRD only claims 200 hp.
When did we limit the discussion to "factory/factory support"? TXRLU said N/A Imports that add FI can't hang with the Cobalts and Redlines. He is beyond delusional is my only point, especially considering there are daily driven, full interior RSXs running 10s.

It had to have something to make it 8lbs instead of 7lbs. Either way the TRD kit does not utilize an intercooler and with minor mods makes more power then you guys. Impressive.
Old 03-13-2006, 03:23 AM

Ok. I don't think 1 psi will make that big of a difference, but oh well. I figured we were talking factory support since you mentioned the TRD S/C.

Now adding F/I to an N/A vehicle will result in awesome gains if done properly.

Add a few mods to our cars an we could be making that much. Even more if we had the same compression as the tC.
Old 03-13-2006, 10:30 PM
Banned

Ok. I don't think 1 psi will make that big of a difference, but oh well. I figured we were talking factory support since you mentioned the TRD S/C.
You have to think about the equation of how to measure psi. So one more psi can make a big difference. I just brought up the TRD tC cause it was the first one I thought about.

Now adding F/I to an N/A vehicle will result in awesome gains if done properly.
Thank you.

Add a few mods to our cars an we could be making that much. Even more if we had the same compression as the tC.
No doubt. You guys do have similar compression, just the tC has .4 more litres.

Has anyone ran some actual slicks??