War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Ricer excuses

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ricer excuses

Ive noticed that 99.99% of the time when i race some riced out civic or an other ricer car they always have some sort of excuse as to why they lost the race, What are some of the excuses you guys are hearing? I raced a civic hatchback last night and it suposely had a GSR engine swap *gasp* So after the race....witch i might add i put 4 cars on him from a roll... we pull into a parking lot and he says to me " man that thing is fast....but I think i woulda had ya if i ha my other tires on "......................... Aparantly haveing different tires helps you make up for 4 car lenghts from a roll
Old 11-30-2006, 02:06 PM

I nuked my GSR tranny last week, so I'm only running an LS one for now.

You won cause I have a vacuum/boost/fuel/exhaust/manifold leak. But its getting fixed next week.

I started in the wrong gear/at the wrong speed.

I let off early, so you only actually pulled a bumper on me.

I can't go that fast until I get new brake pads put on, safety first.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:10 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Is this Uncle Bens or Minute Rice?
Old 11-30-2006, 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by Jackalope
Is this Uncle Bens or Minute Rice?
Uncle Ben drives a cobalt
Old 11-30-2006, 02:12 PM

^lol..
Old 11-30-2006, 02:12 PM

You still would have killed him
Old 11-30-2006, 02:14 PM

Haha, a prepared list of reasons why he lost the race.. Yet too stupid to think of all those as a reason to just not race at all. Stupid people. Sounds like your car is an inch from falling apart, yet your going to race people than use them as excuses as to why you lost. Better idea, know your car is fucked up and don't race people unless its fixed.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:15 PM

Awe man check out this ricer link!

http://www.rice-recipes.com/

Its awesome!
Old 11-30-2006, 02:16 PM

Heres another one!

http://www.recipesource.com/fgv/rice/
Old 11-30-2006, 02:25 PM

Here's my rice recipe:

1. Add 1 honda civic hatchback
2. add terrible sounding fartcan
3. add purple window tint
4. add racing wheels to rear, but not the front
5. add dents to body panels
6. add 14" spoiler to roof of hatchback
7. add cocksure attitude about how fast your car is
8. simmer in roadsalt and slush for 12 years and you'll have a delicious ricer that seats 4

Enjoy!
Old 11-30-2006, 02:33 PM
Banned

How is this any different from the 99.9% of Cobalt owners that only race from a roll???

I hear it all the time, "I can beat you from a roll", "but your Cobalt will kill STIs/EVOs from a roll" "If I put the 10k difference in MSRPs, I would kill your car"

Or "At least its not a Neon...our interior is better... we can handle better"

So maybe you guys should rethink that it's only "riced out" civics that bring out the "ricer excuses"
Old 11-30-2006, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by god+1
How is this any different from the 99.9% of Cobalt owners that only race from a roll???

I hear it all the time, "I can beat you from a roll", "but your Cobalt will kill STIs/EVOs from a roll" "If I put the 10k difference in MSRPs, I would kill your car"

So maybe you guys should rethink that it's only "riced out" civics that bring out the "ricer excuses"
What are you dude, the forum police? Why are you even on this site?
Old 11-30-2006, 02:35 PM

"Let's go from a 40 mph roll"
Old 11-30-2006, 02:36 PM

+1 BILLION
Old 11-30-2006, 02:39 PM

Ummmmm You fail at life sir
Old 11-30-2006, 02:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by StreetLC
Ummmmm You fail at life sir

Two people even agreed with me. Fact is you and that guy in the civic are "RICERS"!
Old 11-30-2006, 02:45 PM

Two people even agreed with me. Fact is you and that guy in the civic are "RICERS"!
If it will make you feel better i will make a thread about cobalt SS excuses.... i didn't make this to argue with someone and it is below myself to do so
Old 11-30-2006, 02:48 PM

Agreed. Most who run AWD cars from a roll know they'll get killed from a dig because of traction. Its part of the reason these cars are 10K cheaper in price. Its everybody's nature to wanna even the playing field for a race.
Old 11-30-2006, 02:51 PM

For the most part I agree with this post. I wont say 99.9% of cobalt owners but I know you were exaggerating.

I am tired of hearing the term ricer thrown around for everything. Rice is opinion, stop thinking it has a real definition.

I am tired of people saying I have this car my friend has this car who would win? Heres an idea, go out, race and find out who would win.

I am tired of people saying well if this was different I would have won. You lost, no big deal, get over it. If 10,000 dollars in mods will help you win congratulations. stock for stock your car is slower who cares if he paid 100,000 and you only paid 10,000, you still lost. You want a faster stock car then pay more money and get one.

This kind of crap gets talked on every forum, including here. Every line of car has their real tuners who want power and know what they are talking about. Every line of car has there show guys who want a good looking car and dont care about the power. And of couse every line of car has their idiots who think they own the greatest car in the world and spend their day making excuses and talking down on other cars.

Im done ranting, I know this went off topic but had to say it.

Back on topic my buddy once said "If I had my other car I would have won." I still make fun of him for that
Old 11-30-2006, 03:01 PM

I havent heard any excuses .... lucky I guess.
In fact last run in with a civic buddy was yapping about my car and his civic, and after finally getting served, wouldnt race anymore and just said "No way man , you're rolling much to fast for this car..." I was speachless, and never expected that.

God +1, there will be excuses on both sides of the fence, but dont stereo type all us Cobalt SC owners as only being willing to race from a roll, becuase you have no clue, and cant speak on behalf of anyone. So, stfu please and stop trying to stir the pot.. I race from a dig all the time and I dont expect to beat STI's etc. I do however KILL most that come knocking (never lost to a honda yet, but they are out there) and I will be the first to admit defeat. I drive a 4 cyl cobalt, I dont expect to rule the world, but I do expect people to not stereotype and be an ass.

I guess I am that .1 % that will race from a dig then? Pack it up and take it with you...... .
Old 11-30-2006, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by SuperchargedSS
I havent heard any excuses .... lucky I guess.
In fact last run in with a civic buddy was yapping about my car and his civic, and after finally getting served, wouldnt race anymore and just said "No way man , you're rolling much to fast for this car..." I was speachless, and never expected that.

God +1, there will be excuses on both sides of the fence, but dont stereo type all us Cobalt SC owners as only being willing to race from a roll, becuase you have no clue, and cant speak on behalf of anyone. So, stfu please and stop trying to stir the pot.. I race from a dig all the time and I dont expect to beat STI's etc. I do however KILL most that come knocking (never lost to a honda yet, but they are out there) and I will be the first to admit defeat. I drive a 4 cyl cobalt, I dont expect to rule the world, but I do expect people to not stereotype and be an ass.
I'm with this guy.

We drive little economy cars. Yes—they are potentially very fast economy cars, but they aren't going to beat everything without insane investments into our cars. The difference is that these guys expect to beat everything on the road.
Old 11-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Banned

well the other night i raced a civic hatch all gutted out and when i won. well when we pulled over to talk he told me that because we were goign down hill is the only reason i won. but if it would of been going up hill. he would of got me i had more weight going down the hill and rolled away from him. lol
Old 11-30-2006, 03:25 PM

The only one i heard is from an SI driver (well he has a Stage 2 in there, hell just wait till i get my Greddy turbo in). Get ure freaking turbo and then race, dont talk about the turbo your are going to get!! hahaha seriously!! and if he does get that turbo, I got a few tricks for him up my sleeve!!
Old 11-30-2006, 03:26 PM

And if loose to his turboed SI, psh so what, hes fast!! good for him!
Old 11-30-2006, 03:55 PM

some hondas are so slow...

Quick Reply: Ricer excuses