War Stories Post your racing wins. CobaltSS.net does not support or encourage street racing. Be smart and take it to the track.

Street racing on discovery

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 01:19 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
The we thing is very valid. Tell us again how many times you drove the Murder Nova? How many times were you on the show?
Old 07-11-2013, 01:20 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder if Rissa has this hail damage you speak of.
Old 07-11-2013, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by redcobalt07
I wonder if Rissa has this hail damage you speak of.
I would venture to say no
Old 07-11-2013, 01:31 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Canada > USgay
Old 07-11-2013, 01:40 AM

Originally Posted by OzzyruleZ
guess we'll never know till she proves us wrong
Old 07-11-2013, 02:00 AM

Originally Posted by casionerd
Just skimmed this again. Here are a few observations:

- rissa plays the "it's because I'm a girl" card like it's a race card. because race card. If you look at her posts, they are all short like: 'welcome' or 'nice car' or 'haha lol my z06' or something else short. It's like she's going for a post count record or something. There isn't any substance and the focus is always on her. Her longest posts over the past several weeks have been in this thread. Gee.... sounds like butthurt. Or PMS. Or yeast infection. Or something.
- Using the incorrect phrase of "could care less" is never going to end.
- Those street races look dangerous.
- The whole "we" thing being an invalid point because "you" weren't actually part of something is silly. If people couldn't call an NFL team "their" team without playing on that team, it would be a boring country. People want to belong. There's nothing wrong with using "we" when you're talking about your state vs. another state or your local NBA team vs. another NBA team or your country vs. another country in war or in the Olympics.
- People are always going to use the excuse that no one comes to shut these guys up because it's too far.... even though there's $10K on the line to make it worth the trip.
- I have to admit that I haven't watched a complete episode but it would be nice if they included people coming to town and answering the call out that has been ongoing for years.
- I know that the saggy ass in my sig isn't the best but it's the only pic of an ass next to my car that I took. That ass is nicer than 99% of the asses you'll find out there on the street IMO. I'm sure rissa's ass is nicer because she says so. Don't forget it was her who randomly brought that up. Jealous/insecure/catty much? Besides, there isn't a chick on this planet that doesn't have a little bit of hail damage on the back of their thighs. Some just have more than others.
X2.... LOL
Old 07-11-2013, 02:51 AM

Those cars are the fastest street races cars in the country. From a dig on the street, there is no one that does it better than the 405 period.
Old 07-11-2013, 02:54 AM

Originally Posted by Rissa

It's because they know no one in their right mind will want to go to Oklahoma.

Yeah because we should all go to California where any pro-heterosexual marriage advocate gets mugged and beaten to death by gay parades...

OKC is the most prosperous city with over 1 million residents in the country period, we never had a recession. Gas prices went up? Good because our economy thrives when prices are up, we have an oil-driven economy. Oil isn't getting any cheaper.

Last edited by MillerCycle; 07-11-2013 at 03:25 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 03:10 AM

California

There's reasons why you have mandated vehicle inspections and emissions testing and we don't. You are looking at one of them.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:10 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
the show is stupid, farm truck is the only real street racer.

this thread and everyone that posts in it is stupid. Oh wait...
Old 07-11-2013, 06:26 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by c130aviator
the show is stupid, farm truck is the only real street racer.

this thread and everyone that posts in it is stupid. Oh wait...
This statement has been made many times by me and several others and yet people are still trying to convince themselves that a top fuel dragster is a street car lol

clarification for the dummies "top fuel dragster" isn't to be taken literally. it's an expression to drive the point home that most of these cars wouldn't be considered a street car by most since most street cars don't have roll cages, skinny tires, slicks, would have more interior than just a seat and a steering wheel and can be driven safely on wet roads.

Last edited by Cobalt_Daddy; 07-11-2013 at 06:32 AM.
Old 07-11-2013, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by MillerCycle
California

There's reasons why you have mandated vehicle inspections and emissions testing and we don't. You are looking at one of them.

I'm not from California but I would live their 1000 times over before I spent a single day in red neckville Oklahoma. This post did make me laugh though
Old 07-11-2013, 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Cobalt_Daddy
i can't wait to see someone "get drug!" AHYUCK!

Ask any racer, any real racer. It doesn't matter if you get drug by an inch or a mile; drugging's drugging.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
So...still trying to make cars that obviously aren't street cars into street cars? Yes they are fast. Are they street cars? No. For the exception of farm truck. Leave it at that? -_-
Old 07-11-2013, 09:36 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
My dad's buddy drove his top fuel funny car a couple blocks once to a locar car show! STREET CAR!?!
I met him a couple times, WE run over 250mph. Wicked fast!!!

Scratch that.....I have nothing to do with that car, even though I do see it a couple times a week.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by AHelm3
My dad's buddy drove his top fuel funny car a couple blocks once to a locar car show! STREET CAR!?!

Scratch that.....I have nothing to do with that car, even though I do see it a couple times a week.
why????

Because streetcar
Old 07-11-2013, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by AHelm3

But it belongs to a buddy of your dads so there for its valid to claim that you are part of the crew that runs a 250mph car! There is a guy around here that has a twin turbo mustang that runs 7's in 1/4, so I'm part of the awesome too!
Old 07-11-2013, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by casionerd
Just skimmed this again. Here are a few observations:

- rissa plays the "it's because I'm a girl" card like it's a race card. because race card. If you look at her posts, they are all short like: 'welcome' or 'nice car' or 'haha lol my z06' or something else short. It's like she's going for a post count record or something. There isn't any substance and the focus is always on her. Her longest posts over the past several weeks have been in this thread. Gee.... sounds like butthurt. Or PMS. Or yeast infection. Or something.
- Using the incorrect phrase of "could care less" is never going to end.
- Those street races look dangerous.
- The whole "we" thing being an invalid point because "you" weren't actually part of something is silly. If people couldn't call an NFL team "their" team without playing on that team, it would be a boring country. People want to belong. There's nothing wrong with using "we" when you're talking about your state vs. another state or your local NBA team vs. another NBA team or your country vs. another country in war or in the Olympics.
- People are always going to use the excuse that no one comes to shut these guys up because it's too far.... even though there's $10K on the line to make it worth the trip.
- I have to admit that I haven't watched a complete episode but it would be nice if they included people coming to town and answering the call out that has been ongoing for years.
- I know that the saggy ass in my sig isn't the best but it's the only pic of an ass next to my car that I took. That ass is nicer than 99% of the asses you'll find out there on the street IMO. I'm sure rissa's ass is nicer because she says so. Don't forget it was her who randomly brought that up. Jealous/insecure/catty much? Besides, there isn't a chick on this planet that doesn't have a little bit of hail damage on the back of their thighs. Some just have more than others.

The reason I brought up the "it's because I'm a girl thing" is because that's the original thing you posted, in case you don't remember, go back a few pages and read your own post "If you weren't a girl you'd be hated" or something along those lines, so your first point in your retarded rant is invalid. And if you're going to be a post stalker, why don't you go back a few years. I'm only on here and there when I'm at work now, I don't have the time as you appear to, to write novel length posts frequently. I'm sorry I got a new awesome car that I love, and that I still come here because oh yeah...I still have the cobalt which I learned almost everything about from this website. I guess I'm not allowed here because I have a Z06, I'm sorry that somehow upsets you .
Claiming that you personally are fast because there is a tv show about your state with non-street cars racing on the street makes no sense. Period. You should maybe watch a full episode, and you'll see how stupid it really is. And like I said, I wouldn't go to Oklahoma even for $10k...sorry it's just not on my list of places to see. And yeah I brought up your sig, because you initially brought up other things that have no relevance to this whatsoever, so I guess I'm not allowed to either. And I guess if you must know, no I don't have any cellulite, it's called good genetics and working out.

Last edited by Rissa; 07-11-2013 at 12:35 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:24 PM

Originally Posted by MillerCycle
California

Lol for bringing up things that don't affect the average citizen. I live here, none of this really affects me. The smog over LA due to the geographical design of the region and airflow from the ocean and east has nothing to do with the smog policy, it is the bs liberal politicians up in Sac who think we need it(something I do not agree with ). But it's ok, you need a reason to make OK seem like paradise. I'm not saying it's shitty...but I like where I am..you like where you are....let's just leave it at that.

Last edited by Rissa; 07-11-2013 at 12:31 PM.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by OzzyruleZ
And you would be right!! Thank goodness my mom has good genes and I'm not overweight. I know plenty of girls who don't have cellulite...so to say that every girl does is incorrect.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:36 PM

Old 07-11-2013, 12:39 PM

^^^^^^^^^^ Sorry but that's funny lol.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:42 PM

Work + Boredom = stupid pics lol.

seriously though....not every girl has cellulite on her legs....I know a bunch of girls that dont
Old 07-11-2013, 12:50 PM

And it has nothing to do with weight, however if you are overweight it can make it worse.
Old 07-11-2013, 12:51 PM

^^ I've seen skinny chicks with hail damage.

Quick Reply: Street racing on discovery