08-10 SS Turbocharged General Discussion Discuss the 2008 - 2009 Chevy Cobalt SS Turbocharged. On sale since the second quarter of 2008.

Looking for info on LNF

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 11:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone is selling the turbo and exhaust manifold for 500 bucks!!!
Old 10-24-2007, 11:34 AM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by lewisb13
I know that turbo is maxed out, but if i can detune it i can just throw it on the LSJ and leave the m62 on there too....
Twincharging would create a lot of heat, just leaving the turbo on there would be the most efficient. And the process won't be as easy as slapping on a SC and a turbo and going about your way. The idea is good, but lets see what happens first. Of course there will be road blocks somewhere. Tuning will also be a bitch.

Originally Posted by RuSSo-29
Yea, but most ppl pn here (like me) were dynoing on a dyno jet at like 227 to the wheels. Alot of ppl on Mustang dynos were at like 210-215 to the wheels. Which would mean GM under rated it.

Or sum 1 with the LNF could maybe throw the M62 on it and get to where your going the other way. Either way, I wanna see a good/reliable twin charge.
I know, that is what I just said.

I'd love to see a good twincharge, but even Hahn Racecraft had a problem with it, so I doubt we won't either.

What I'd actually like to see are switched heads. I'd love to see the VVT LNF head on the LSJ. That, would be awesome.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:42 AM

Damn if only i could get a vendor to sponsor this, i would so give them my expertise and my car....
Old 10-24-2007, 11:43 AM
Premium Member

If the horsepower numbers stay at 260/260 for the LNF , i would think a stage 2 LSJ VS stock LNF would be a drivers race correct? Maybe a little advantage towards the lnf due to torque? The other good thing about this is GM should be making better front end part's for the cobalt. Hopefully we will be able to install these on a lsj car.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:44 AM

Originally Posted by rukkee
If the horsepower numbers stay at 260/260 for the LNF , i would think a stage 2 LSJ VS stock LNF would be a drivers race correct?
If the crank numbers are at that, then sir I would say you were correct, with a SLIGHT (maybe) biased in the turbo's favor.

You changed it! Stage 2...I don't know...thats a good question. If the balt makes 245WHP with stage 2, then yes, it will be a drivers race, but still with a turbo balt's biased.
Old 10-24-2007, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Scythe_Snake
Twincharging would create a lot of heat, just leaving the turbo on there would be the most efficient. And the process won't be as easy as slapping on a SC and a turbo and going about your way. The idea is good, but lets see what happens first. Of course there will be road blocks somewhere. Tuning will also be a bitch.

I know, that is what I just said.

I'd love to see a good twincharge, but even Hahn Racecraft had a problem with it, so I doubt we won't either.

What I'd actually like to see are switched heads. I'd love to see the VVT LNF head on the LSJ. That, would be awesome.
oh, lol

Well Hahn tried the twincharge with the LSJ, but not with the LNF.... maybe they could have more luck???

And i'm not to up on the blocks of both the LSJ and LNF?? what would be some of the advantages?? I thought the LNF's block was a lil better?
Old 10-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Premium Member

haha yep i was thinking as i was typing lol
Old 10-24-2007, 11:49 AM

Originally Posted by rukkee
If the horsepower numbers stay at 260/260 for the LNF , i would think a stage 2 LSJ VS stock LNF would be a drivers race correct? Maybe a little advantage towards the lnf due to torque? The other good thing about this is GM should be making better front end part's for the cobalt. Hopefully we will be able to install these on a lsj car.
Well, most of the car will be unchainged. It would just be a powertrain upgrade/suspension upgrade. So the core parts to the current 05-07 cobalt's would be able to swap anything that does change.
Old 10-24-2007, 02:58 PM

I think if i remember didnt the gxp with the lnf dyno at 218hp and 248tq to the wheels? To me the lnf in the gxp stock was not very inpressive. It had great mid range power but i wasnt impressed by the low and high range power. I have raced a gxp(i think it was stock) and blew the doors off it. Dont get me wrong I think the LNF is going to be one hell of a motor with vvt and DI but the LSJ is a pretty dam good motor too.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:07 PM
Banned

nO I WAS JUST REFERING TO THE lnf ENGINE. i kNOW THAT THE lsj ENGINE CAN KICK HONDA ASS AS WELL BUT THIS IS THE lnf ENGINE SO I WAS REFERING TO THE LNF ENGINE IN THIS CASE.

Sorry at the time i posted my hush hush comment i was tired and didnt think to phrase that in a different way. I know that the LSJ kicks honda ass already and so will the LNF. It was an honest mistake but i know that the LSJ kicks honda ass.

Last edited by CobaltDemon; 10-24-2007 at 03:07 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 10-24-2007, 04:22 PM

oh, lol

Well Hahn tried the twincharge with the LSJ, but not with the LNF.... maybe they could have more luck???

And i'm not to up on the blocks of both the LSJ and LNF?? what would be some of the advantages?? I thought the LNF's block was a lil better?
The LNF block is stronger. Hell, stock teh turbo is putting out 20psi. And icnreasing it from 20- to 23 can do wonders. But still.

Well, most of the car will be unchainged. It would just be a powertrain upgrade/suspension upgrade. So the core parts to the current 05-07 cobalt's would be able to swap anything that does change.
If the VVT head can be swaped as well as the DI setup, I'd be interested. That would require major PCM tuning though, As well as major parts. Secondly, if the suspension is better, I will probably like to trade out parts. But yeah, the engine looks promising, its block is stronger, but I'd still take an LSJ.

And I would rather have this engine on a RWD car like the SKy Redline.

I'm still trying to understand teh direct injection stuff totally.
Old 10-25-2007, 02:55 AM

You would need to swap the pistons in order to have DI, not to mention drilling holes in the block. Not feasible.

The LNF also has better cooling passages. All around, it is a much much better block, capable of approximately 400hp stock.

BlueSSupercharged- did you race from a dig? I would expect the GXP/RL to spank a stage 2 balt w/ boltons due to the 200lb weight difference. Maybe you simply out drove him.
Old 10-25-2007, 07:35 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BlueSSupercharged
I think if i remember didnt the gxp with the lnf dyno at 218hp and 248tq to the wheels? To me the lnf in the gxp stock was not very inpressive. It had great mid range power but i wasnt impressed by the low and high range power. I have raced a gxp(i think it was stock) and blew the doors off it. Dont get me wrong I think the LNF is going to be one hell of a motor with vvt and DI but the LSJ is a pretty dam good motor too.
i destroyed a sky redline on the highway in the spring.
and i do mean it was a total rape fest.
this was also on a sketcy tune with some knock and a leaking flexpipe....
give the LSJ come credit here people.
its not as weak as most of you think....
Old 10-25-2007, 07:36 AM

Lnf May Not Be Going On The Balt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2007, 07:37 AM
Original Hayden Fanatic
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jrod
Lnf May Not Be Going On The Balt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, your just going to spam all the threads about the LNF Cobalt?
Old 10-25-2007, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Archie
You would need to swap the pistons in order to have DI, not to mention drilling holes in the block. Not feasible.

The LNF also has better cooling passages. All around, it is a much much better block, capable of approximately 400hp stock.

BlueSSupercharged- did you race from a dig? I would expect the GXP/RL to spank a stage 2 balt w/ boltons due to the 200lb weight difference. Maybe you simply out drove him.
It was from a 40mph roll. But even if it was from a dig he may have beat me out of the hole but it wouldnt have been long before I pulled past him. The thing you have to remember is gm claims 260hp and 260tq but in the gxp at least all the stock dyno numbers i have seen are about 220hp and 245tq. But it was a stock gxp.