Go Back  Cobalt SS Network > Engine Technical Discussion > 2.0L LNF Performance Tech
Thoughts On All Intakes Currently Avaliable For the SS/TC >

Thoughts On All Intakes Currently Avaliable For the SS/TC

2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

Thoughts On All Intakes Currently Avaliable For the SS/TC

Old 03-09-2010, 03:16 PM
  #126  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 02-09-09
Location: Tejas
Posts: 4,377
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
In the meantime, I did a search (GMPartsDirect Catalog was down) and came up with these:

http://www.worldcarparts.co.uk/CarPa...8/Default.aspx

Stamina is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 03:21 PM
  #127  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 02-25-09
Location: Aston, PA
Posts: 11,759
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
with a slot for the MAF. no specs though
wantedSS/TC is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 03:23 PM
  #128  
Former Vendor
iTrader: (6)
 
Join Date: 05-01-09
Location: NEPA/North NJ
Posts: 5,973
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The thing now is, who is going to hack up their ~$300 CAI? lol. Im not too excited to cut into mine lol!
BYT*SS*TURBO is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 03:23 PM
  #129  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 02-09-09
Location: Tejas
Posts: 4,377
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wantedSS/TC View Post
with a slot for the MAF. no specs though
Well, it does give out the Bosch part numbers that it replaces, so maybe that can be cross-referenced somehow.
Stamina is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 03:23 PM
  #130  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 07-25-08
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,478
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Stamina View Post
In the meantime, I did a search (GMPartsDirect Catalog was down) and came up with these:

http://www.worldcarparts.co.uk/CarPa...8/Default.aspx

From the looks of that pic that could be adapted to work. Would take some work. I wonder how close the ID is to the stock MAF location?
Terminator2 is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 03:24 PM
  #131  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 02-25-09
Location: Aston, PA
Posts: 11,759
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^^ my exact thoughts. plus I'm not welding expert to put the damn thing back together correctly!
wantedSS/TC is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 03:26 PM
  #132  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 02-09-09
Location: Tejas
Posts: 4,377
Likes: 0
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Well, there are others versions, sizes, and shapes listed, so it may be possible to find another that could work better than that one.

That's just the 9-3, which isn't an LNF anyway. It's an LK9 or something like that... basically an LSJ-T.
Stamina is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 03:46 PM
  #133  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 06-07-06
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 14,121
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
a vendor in ms3 land ptp had found GM parts had stainless steel mesh and bought some. They got it on their intakes 3-4 inches in front of the maf and found the ltft's ans stft's became more stable.
http://www.pt-performance.com/showPr...cID=11&pID=247

thats a cheap start... course stainless steel mesh could be found else where as well.
northvibe is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 09:05 PM
  #134  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 11-29-06
Location: New Minas, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 4,105
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All that is, is screen from a window.... Atleast that's what It looks like
DoMiStIc_RuSh_06 is offline  
Old 03-09-2010, 10:25 PM
  #135  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 01-12-09
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,220
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah, it is, and thats usually all that is needed.
mkriebs is offline  
Old 03-10-2010, 12:26 AM
  #136  
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
tom.g's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-11-09
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 1,191
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
Sounds like a cool idea. I have lots of info to contribute.
Sent you a PM Term. I've began working on "Different Tunes"
tom.g is offline  
Old 03-10-2010, 11:35 PM
  #137  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-08-06
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 3,043
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
heres a pic of my full 3in CAI with a AEM filter when i had the dejon turbo kit on my car im back using the stock turbo now but i would like to know what my STFL and LTFL are but pysko steve is mia havnt heard from him in months i guess i need to look for a tuner now




a friend of mine owns a machine shop. we made this before there was any other intakes on the market havnt had any problem with it and its been on for 20k plus miles i have some better pics of it before it was in the car but i have to dig them up in my email
FF_ace is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 03:20 PM
  #138  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 07-25-08
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,478
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FF_ace View Post
heres a pic of my full 3in CAI with a AEM filter when i had the dejon turbo kit on my car im back using the stock turbo now but i would like to know what my STFL and LTFL are but pysko steve is mia havnt heard from him in months i guess i need to look for a tuner now




a friend of mine owns a machine shop. we made this before there was any other intakes on the market havnt had any problem with it and its been on for 20k plus miles i have some better pics of it before it was in the car but i have to dig them up in my email
Just as well. He never touches MAF tables even when someone has an intake and needs them changed. Either out of lazyness or he may have no idea how to do it properly which would not suprise me. His tunes are normally lacking in quite a few very important areas.
Terminator2 is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 03:22 PM
  #139  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 01-12-09
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,220
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
Just as well. He never touches MAF tables even when someone has an intake and needs them changed. Either out of lazyness or he may have no idea how to do it properly which would not suprise me. His tunes are normally lacking in quite a few very important areas.
I have found this common amongst some of the most 'beloved tuners' on this site. Its quite surprising, considering the mpg's and power you pick up when they are properly tuned.
mkriebs is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 03:27 PM
  #140  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 07-25-08
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,478
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mkriebs View Post
I have found this common amongst some of the most 'beloved tuners' on this site. Its quite surprising, considering the mpg's and power you pick up when they are properly tuned.
Who else?
Terminator2 is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 03:28 PM
  #141  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 01-12-09
Location: Illinois
Posts: 4,220
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well, I will have to PM you that, because the last time i brought it up, he threw a fit and told me I didn't know how to tune, and that ameteurs should not tune these cars. So, YHPM (in a sec).
mkriebs is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 03:41 PM
  #142  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 06-22-09
Location: Kathmandu
Posts: 5,990
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
:drama:
SSlobalt is offline  
Old 03-11-2010, 03:45 PM
  #143  
Senior Member
 
Tofu's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-11-05
Location: Houston
Posts: 2,533
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Great info. I've been thinking of attempting another intake after getting over my Injen disaster. I don't mind tuning my MAF tables, it's just the money/time factor involved on the dyno to ensure it was money well spent. With all of this compiled now, I feel more confident in taking that step once again.
Tofu is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 02:24 AM
  #144  
New Member
 
Join Date: 01-29-10
Location: boise
Posts: 10
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
curious what was your Injen disaster? reason being is I have an injen as well..
sharptech is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 09:58 AM
  #145  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 07-25-08
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,478
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sharptech View Post
curious what was your Injen disaster? Reason being is I have an injen as well..
His car lost a good amount of midrange torque and HP even when the MAF tables were adjusted for the intake.
Terminator2 is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 06:24 PM
  #146  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 11-29-06
Location: New Minas, Nova Scotia, Canada
Posts: 4,105
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just re installed my dejon Sri because I was curious as to how it would work with the stage 1 kit.... Car seems to spool up alot quicker. Going to try it for a few days then if I'm not happy I'll go back to the airbox mod
DoMiStIc_RuSh_06 is offline  
Old 03-12-2010, 07:35 PM
  #147  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-08-06
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 3,043
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
Just as well. He never touches MAF tables even when someone has an intake and needs them changed. Either out of lazyness or he may have no idea how to do it properly which would not suprise me. His tunes are normally lacking in quite a few very important areas.
i havnt had any problems with the tune so far and ive been running it for 20k plus miles now. ive been trying to get a hold of him to see if we could mess with the MAF tables but wasnt able to get in contact with him. its kindve frustating to see other members here produce better hp and 1/4 mile times than me with less supporting mods as I do. so im on the fence about choosing either trifecta or finding another tuner that uses hp tuners.
FF_ace is offline  
Old 03-13-2010, 09:55 AM
  #148  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 07-25-08
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,478
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FF_ace View Post
i havnt had any problems with the tune so far and ive been running it for 20k plus miles now. ive been trying to get a hold of him to see if we could mess with the MAF tables but wasnt able to get in contact with him. its kindve frustating to see other members here produce better hp and 1/4 mile times than me with less supporting mods as I do. so im on the fence about choosing either trifecta or finding another tuner that uses hp tuners.
You have one of the better tunes he did most likely. He actually stole his tunes from GM Tuner Source. His newer tunes are absolutely terrible compared to his older ones.
Terminator2 is offline  
Old 03-13-2010, 11:41 AM
  #149  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 10-08-06
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Posts: 3,043
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Terminator2 View Post
You have one of the better tunes he did most likely. He actually stole his tunes from GM Tuner Source. His newer tunes are absolutely terrible compared to his older ones.
i would like to try one of your tune sounds like youve done your research with this
FF_ace is offline  
Old 03-13-2010, 11:49 AM
  #150  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 07-25-08
Location: Florida
Posts: 12,478
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FF_ace View Post
i would like to try one of your tune sounds like youve done your research with this
If you find someone near you who is willing to let you use their HP Tuners Cable I will be more than happy to do a remote tune on your car via Email.
Terminator2 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Thoughts On All Intakes Currently Avaliable For the SS/TC


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.