2.0L LNF Performance Tech 260hp and 260 lb-ft of torque Turbocharged tuner version.

ZZP LNF Cam Testing

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2010, 06:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LOL OOPS Your right!

So stock rail+93+ZZP cams= SAFE
Old 11-12-2010, 06:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would think so, let's wait for Matt to clarify to be sure.
Old 11-12-2010, 07:09 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 154 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt M
Pricing should be reasonable. These will easily outperform a K04 compressor wheel upgrade dollar for dollar. Plus, they will still be useful if you decide to upgrade to a bigger turbo.
ya i didnt think of that. lol id be pretty scared doing cams by myself though. i know there is a first time for everything, but, i blow **** up on first times. LOL
Old 11-12-2010, 08:36 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are you going to be releasing the e85 tune anytime?
Old 11-12-2010, 10:14 PM

Thought ZZP already Did the Cams for the LNF?

I thought ZZP already made Cams for the LNF. Look at Option 2 on the LNF Head....Are those the upgraded Cams for the LNF? Cobalt & Ion ---> ZZ Performance
Old 11-12-2010, 11:01 PM

These cams are not huge by any means. They are about 8-10 degrees longer duration than stock IIRC. Lift is increased by ~.018". The tops of the lobes are a bit wider, keeping the valves vear max lift longer, which is where the majority of the gains come from.
You're right.. Those changes are pretty minor. What's the word on tuning for a smooth idle and maintaining high vacuum during low RPM operation? DI Motors are already bad about that. Some of them have a vacuum boost pump just to maintain brake assist under certain conditions.

Also, are these cams reground or are they new cuts from blanks?
Old 11-13-2010, 12:20 AM
Former Vendor

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Perfect.disguise
Will you be bringing this car back to the strip on the stock turbo?
Ryan ran it today at Milan. (I was running my drag car.) Unfortunately, people kept oiling down the track, and we battled dumb issues.(broke a shifter roll pin, then broke a shift cable connector) Ryan only got one pass in. It was a little faster than my previous best, but nowhere near what this setup is capable of.

Here's how good the track was-
YouTube - FWD Pedal-fest

Same car at Norwalk- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eip6fnK4y9A&NR=1
Old 11-13-2010, 12:33 AM

Ryan ran it today at Milan. (I was running my drag car.) Unfortunately, people kept oiling down the track, and we battled dumb issues.(broke a shifter roll pin, then broke a shift cable connector) Ryan only got one pass in. It was a little faster than my previous best, but nowhere near what this setup is capable of.

Here's how good the track was-
YouTube - FWD Pedal-fest

Same car at Norwalk- YouTube - 1TGT Runs 8.69 at 159.4
Matt isn't that you on pinks, driving your gp?
Old 11-13-2010, 12:39 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by gone_in_10_sec
Matt isn't that you on pinks, driving your gp?
Yeah, and the top vid was me trying to get down the track at Milan today.
Old 11-13-2010, 07:53 AM

nice job guys what times did Ryan get? in the ss/tc?

do you have a vid of the tc?
Old 11-13-2010, 08:19 AM

hey Matt could you tell us if this new cams were made out of a "blank" cam or were they re-grind from our stock? would there be a lower price for those of us who would send our stock cams?
also could you kind of explain how does the secondary fuel rail works? how do you tune it etc?

Thanks!
Old 11-13-2010, 10:52 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by beast10007
nice job guys what times did Ryan get? in the ss/tc?

do you have a vid of the tc?
Here's a run down of our race day-
We got to the track at about 3. We were ready to race by 3:30 or so. Ryan went to the staging lanes. There wasn't many cars in the lanes, so I just planned to wait until after his pass to bring the drag car up. Once we got up there, I realized they were only running one lane. Of course someone broke and they shut down for a bit. Then Ryan was a couple cars back and went to move the car forward and there was no shifter- just free movement. We quickly found that the roll pin on the trans had broke. We removed the shift lever and went back to the trailer, but we didn't have a roll pin or a suitable replacement. I ended up taking a rear window screw out of my car. The diameter was pretty small, which made for a lot of slop in the shifter. We put it in , but it didn't work because it was too long and hit part of the trans when shifting. So then we had to cut it shorter with a wire crimper. Then we found that the head of the bolt hit the other shift lever when shifting the other way, so we counter-sunk it with a drill. Then the nut wouldn't go on because the threads were messed up from cutting it. Now we had no choice but to remove the fuse box to get in there better. By the time we got it all together, it was about 5:00. I pulled the drag car in the lanes and Ryan pulled my LNF up behind me. We moved forward a few spots and then someone did a big wheelie and smashed his trans pan. He finished the pass, leaving trans fluid all the way down the track. They spent about 45 minutes cleaning it up. Then they ran about 3 more cars and someone went to the line with a coolant leak. He leaked coolant to about half track and then the line blew off and it dumped all of his coolant on the track. Next they spent another 20 minutes cleaning up the mess, but did an absolutely horrible job of this. I was the 3rd car up after this and you can see what happened above. Ryan ran right after me and spun bad off the line- 1.9 sixty foot. When he shifted to 3rd, the shift cable connector in front of the shifter broke. Luckily, we did have this part with us. Unfortunately, the lanes were closing soon. Ryan replaced the connector and got back in line. I turned the boost down from where we had it on the dyno, and backed first gear down to 80% to make sure he didn't spin again. Apparently the track dried up and quickly got better with all of the huge tired muscle cars that were running. Ryan put down a very smooth 1.68 sixty foot, despite shifting at about 50 feet out! However, having to shift like a grandma due too the massive amount of slop in the shifter, he only managed another 11.62. It was actually a couple thousandths quicker than my best ET and also had the same mph. Having put down a sixty foot .08 better than my 11.625 pass, we should have saw an 11.48 even with the same mph. Quick shifting and the 121 mph that we expected to see would have been good for an 11.45 or better. But then again, racing doesn't usually go that well.

Last edited by Matt M; 11-13-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 11-13-2010, 10:54 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by cardelino18
hey Matt could you tell us if this new cams were made out of a "blank" cam or were they re-grind from our stock? would there be a lower price for those of us who would send our stock cams?
also could you kind of explain how does the secondary fuel rail works? how do you tune it etc?

Thanks!
We will release more info on the cams and fuel system soon.
Old 11-13-2010, 11:01 AM

Here's a run down of our race day-
We got to the track at about 3. We were ready to race by 3:30 or so. Ryan went to the staging lanes. There wasn't many cars in the lanes, so I just planned to wait until after his pass to bring the drag car up. Once we got up there, I realized they were only running one lane. Of course someone broke and they shut down for a bit. Then Ryan was a couple cars back and went to move the car forward and there was no shifter- just free movement. We quickly found that the roll pin on the trans had broke. We removed the shift lever and went back to the trailer, but we didn't have a roll pin or a suitable replacement. I ended up taking a rear window screw out of my car. The diameter was pretty small, which made for a lot of slop in the shifter. We put it in , but it didn't work because it was too long and hit part of the trans when shifting. So then we had to cut it shorter with a wire crimper. Then we found that the head of the bolt hit the other shift lever when shifting the other way, so we counter-sunk it with a drill. Then the nut wouldn't go on because the threads were messed up from cutting it. Now we had no choice but to remove the fuse box to get in there better. By the time we got it all together, it was about 5:00. I pulled the drag car in the lanes and Ryan pulled my LNF up behind me. We moved forward a few spots and then someone did a big wheelie and smashed his trans pan. He finished the pass, leaving trans fluid all the way down the track. They spent about 45 minutes cleaning it up. Then they ran about 3 more cars and someone went to the line with a coolant leak. He leaked coolant to about half track and then the line blew off and it dumped all of his coolant on the track. Next they spent another 20 minutes cleaning up the mess, but did an absolutely horrible job of this. I was the 3rd car up after this and you can see what happened above. Ryan ran right after me and spun bad off the line- 1.9 sixty foot. When he shifted to 3rd, the shift cable connector in front of the shifter broke. Luckily, we did have this part with us. Unfortunately, the lanes were closing soon. Ryan replaced the connector and got back in line. I turned the boost down from where we had it on the dyno, and backed first gear down to 80% to make sure he didn't spin again. Apparently the track dried up and quickly got better with all of the huge tired muscle cars that were running. Ryan put down a very smooth 1.68 sixty foot, despite shifting at about 50 feet out! However, having to shift like a grandma due too the massive amount of slop in the shifter, he only managed another 11.62. It was actually a couple thousandths quicker than my best ET and also had the same mph. Having put down a sixty foot .08 better than my 11.625 pass, we should have saw an 11.48 even with the same mph. Quick shifting and the 121 mph that we expected to see would have been good for an 11.45 or better. But then again, racing doesn't usually go that well.
damn this suck but nice to know it can run better. To bad 131 is closed I am sure next time out you guys get 11.4

shift connectors and roll pins seem to always break. you guys should make some nicee zzp ones. Everyone would buy them!
Old 11-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Supporting Vendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by beast10007
shift connectors and roll pins seem to always break. you guys should make some nicee zzp ones. Everyone would buy them!
This is exactly how we like to work. Using the $ from sales to make you guys the custom parts you want. we are limited by funds and demand though. The more threads like this:

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/2-0l...wnpipe-232710/

Where people go ZZP, the more custom parts we'll be doing for you like what is suggest above about shifter stuff.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:10 AM

ya my shifter linkage broke too I could use some better ones, nice cams though!
Old 11-15-2010, 11:22 AM

I would also be interested in some better shifter parts. I don't want to break mine again.
Old 11-15-2010, 11:52 AM
Former Vendor

That sucks ZZP guys, I hate when I goto the track to try and accomplish something (especially with the season ending now) and then you get derailed with just nonsense ****

GL on future runs
Old 11-15-2010, 02:02 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by BYT*SS*TURBO
That sucks ZZP guys, I hate when I goto the track to try and accomplish something (especially with the season ending now) and then you get derailed with just nonsense ****

GL on future runs
The worst part of it is that I ran optimum times on the stock cam. Running an 11.62s at 116.x and 118.x mphs was pretty much maxing out the setup. Trying to beat these times, even with 25 more hp could take a few runs. Plus Ryan is a little heavier than I am and he hasn't drove my car in a while. Plus I drive way better than he does. I would have went 11.4s. Oh, wait. I went 11.6 at 144 in the drag car.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:03 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
backdooring the dog poo out of that thing! lol i've got a buddy who went 11.8@138 in his APS twin C6 coupe on runflats against his brothers GN on DR's that went 12.0@like 119

and yes, make stuff to fix the shift linkage!
Old 11-15-2010, 03:11 PM
Former Vendor

I would buy a metal linkage and connector set today if you made something. That is just an AWFUL weak point on this car IMO.
Old 11-15-2010, 03:29 PM

^x32323232154
Old 11-15-2010, 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by BYT*SS*TURBO
I would buy a metal linkage and connector set today if you made something. That is just an AWFUL weak point on this car IMO.
+1 on my third one so far!
Old 11-15-2010, 04:35 PM

I would buy it
Old 11-15-2010, 05:45 PM

I'm in for the linkage also.

Quick Reply: ZZP LNF Cam Testing