2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

2006 Cobalt SS makes 270 WHP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by j4s0nmuzik
I have a question with this package and other mods would a larger fuel pump (such as a sumo) help with fuel delivery? Thus with the larger injectors in turn with ECU modifications make more HP, or is the larger fuel pump overkill?

J4
I want to know the same thing.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:25 AM
The Stig

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I was thinking about that too. A larger capacity fuel pump would be an eventual upgrade.

After installing an intake, header, and cat back.. the next thing holding you back is the stock fuel system.
Old 12-23-2005, 11:18 AM

Can't wait to order this kit!!
Old 12-23-2005, 11:24 AM

According to GM, the stock lines are good to approx 600hp. The pump is a different story though and we are working on a solution to this as well. Right now, my opinion is that the stock pump will be good to about 350hp. Stay tuned!
Old 12-23-2005, 01:35 PM

a ? about the injectors. is there a reason a person couldn't use the injectors from the 8.1 trucks which are rated at 496cc or 47lbs. they have the same connector and should be a plug and play type deal. the only problem i see is they are a 47lb injector and you guys are using 42.5 lb. would the extra 5lbs be a big deal?
Old 12-23-2005, 02:16 PM

Say we were to buy the parts listed above, what about those of us who dont live in the imediate vicinty of the midwest. What about those of us that stay in SO CAL areas, like San D or LA? There are a lot of tuners but pretty much only tune imports. Anyo0ne have any recommedations?
Old 12-23-2005, 03:14 PM

I jsut had my parts installed, I LOVE IT. though traffic was a bit heavy still hit 15-16psi
Old 12-23-2005, 03:23 PM

Originally Posted by bdwarr6
I jsut had my parts installed, I LOVE IT. though traffic was a bit heavy still hit 15-16psi
you need to dyno your car and see if the numbers are close to his....to see how common it will be with that tune to make 270whp....
Old 12-23-2005, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by 1MEANSS
you need to dyno your car and see if the numbers are close to his....to see how common it will be with that tune to make 270whp....
I have Injen CAI to im gonig to dyno on wensday with rob, well see what it puts out.
Old 12-23-2005, 09:53 PM

Butt Dyno does it feel like a 60hp increase?

btw someone needs to bring this kit to the track
Old 12-23-2005, 09:55 PM

Can't wait to see who the tune will goes on a 05 instead of a 06.
Old 12-23-2005, 10:13 PM

I wonder if its too late to return everyone's Christmas presents....

"Please accept with no obligation, implied or implicit, our best wishes for an environmentally conscious, socially responsible, low-stress, non-addictive, gender-neutral celebration of the winter solstice holiday, practiced within the most enjoyable traditions of the religious persuasion of your choice, or secular practices of your choice, with respect for the religious/secular persuasion and/or traditions of others, or their choice not to practice religious or secular traditions at all. We also wish you a fiscally successful, personally fulfilling and medically uncomplicated recognition of the onset of the generally accepted calendar year 2006, but not without due respect for the calendars of choice of other cultures whose contributions to society have helped make America great. Not to imply that America is necessarily greater than any other country nor the only America in the Western Hemisphere. And without regard to the race, creed, color, age, physical ability, religious faith or sexual preference of the wishee. By accepting these greetings you are accepting these terms. This greeting is subject to clarification or withdrawal. It is freely transferable with no alteration to the original greeting. It implies no promise by the wisher to actually implement any of the wishes for herself or himself or others, and is void where prohibited by law and is revocable at the sole discretion of the wisher. This wish is warranted to perform as expected within the usual application of good tidings for a period of one year or until the issuance of a subsequent holiday greeting, whichever comes first, and warranty is limited to replacement of this wish or issuance of a new wish at the sole discretion of the wisher."
Old 12-24-2005, 02:16 AM

I am going to post this here... some of you are not going to understand why, but please bear with me....

I have cracked the algorithms to the GM PCM for the EcoTec product line. What this means is I can access the upload and download process of the PCM with a VPW interface.

HPTuners does not appear to be interested in supporting the 1.X hardware with the 2.0L nor, the 2.2L 4 cylinder PCMs. I find this unacceptable.

DHP is working somewhat on the project today, but it may be awhile since other PCM priorities come first.

SO, what I need is a bootloader for the P12 platform. I have the hardware, and I have the seed and key formula, and I can do the CheckSums for the cal sections.

What will this give someone the ability to do? DOWNLOAD first and foremost. If you can get the stock PCM BIN, and lets say a stage 1, and stage 2, then mapping of certain tables will be very quick. Redo the CSums, and UPLOAD the file back to the PCM with the OBDII port. No add on piggys needed....

If anyone finds this post inappropriate , feel free to delete.

Loyde
http://www.fastfieros.com
Old 12-24-2005, 02:20 AM

Originally Posted by FastFieros
I am going to post this here... some of you are not going to understand why, but please bear with me....

I have cracked the algorithms to the GM PCM for the EcoTec product line. What this means is I can access the upload and download process of the PCM with a VPW interface.

HPTuners does not appear to be interested in supporting the 1.X hardware with the 2.0L nor, the 2.2L 4 cylinder PCMs. I find this unacceptable.

DHP is working somewhat on the project today, but it may be awhile since other PCM priorities come first.

SO, what I need is a bootloader for the P12 platform. I have the hardware, and I have the seed and key formula, and I can do the CheckSums for the cal sections.

What will this give someone the ability to do? DOWNLOAD first and foremost. If you can get the stock PCM BIN, and lets say a stage 1, and stage 2, then mapping of certain tables will be very quick. Redo the CSums, and UPLOAD the file back to the PCM with the OBDII port. No add on piggys needed....

Loyde
om frickin goodness...someone has finally done it. I really hope someone or some company can help you out.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:21 AM

Loyde
Essentially, you're enabling the owner to reflash his own PCM with your solution?

That would be awesome, just a laptop and adapter, plus injectors and we'd be set!!!!

Loyde, keep us posted.
Old 12-24-2005, 02:23 AM

Yeah, it would be great to have a tuning device similar to the "Xcalibrator" for the Mustang...that thing was simply wonderful for those (like myself) who aren't savvy w/ tuning the pcm.
Old 12-24-2005, 11:28 AM

Loyde
so all you need is a bin file? i might be able to do that for you. it will take me a couple of days but i MIGHT be able to get that.
Old 12-25-2005, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jmc007
Can't wait to see who the tune will goes on a 05 instead of a 06.
give me a couple of weeks, im gona have my 05 done!!
Old 12-25-2005, 05:14 PM

wiil contact you soon for a kit.
Old 12-29-2005, 10:51 AM

Kit looks good.............the guys know there ****. Why Not?
Scott has been very helpfull w/all my questions.
Im gunna order it, $500 isnt that bad?! its about another 500 for dyno time, install and tune tho.(unless you can make it up to ohio or indy, its cheaper)thats outa the question for me, so be prepaired to spend sum more money. But there is a real nice SVT/s-c shop where im from. but to me its worth it. I have a rep to uphold where im from and i just cant settle w/what i have now for HP numbers. I gotta come back from winter w/sumthing big, b/c everyone else is Hehehe
Old 12-30-2005, 01:57 AM
Banned

good^^^im too worried about my car to do all that to it i want to see it in person
Old 12-30-2005, 10:18 AM
Former Vendor

Loyde - here is some information I was able to download a couple of weeks ago:

VIN: 1G1AP11P167715248
VCM ID: 5301
BCC: YMLM
SEG 1 ID: 12598275
SEG 2 ID: 12598282
SEG 3 ID: 12598281
SEG 4 ID: 12603037
SEG 5 ID: 12603038
SEG 6 ID: 12598279
SEG 7 ID: 12598280
SEG 8 ID: <unknown>

Please email me at ScottC@INTENSE-Racing.com, and let's see how we can help each other...

Happy New Year everyone!

Scott
Old 12-31-2005, 10:31 AM

Originally Posted by silverSS
good^^^im too worried about my car to do all that to it i want to see it in person
You Know im the 1st bumbass to do everything I might aswell try it! LMAO
It wouldnt hurt? Ill call ya later today, I might dyno earlyer than the 7th, im still unsure?!
But i need your services ;-)
Your badass vid mixing skills you got son!! Steady hand you have
Old 01-17-2006, 12:41 AM
Banned

Good god...I was gonna get the GM ST. 2 when it came out but....well we will leave it at that....A few questions for you big guys making these awesome kits. 1. How much will it cost me to put it on my STOCK BRAND NEW 06 Cobalt when it gets here around june??? Also i want to have it tuned and put on by you guys so no shipping prices just remind me of the location your at and all im gonna say is road trip Also can you dyno the car for me afterwards, and if so whats the cost on that if any? Ill be a little test pig if need be for the 06 cobalts instead of the 05's but please let me know because i want an upgrade an exauhst and heads for this thing as soon as i can do it when i buy it to bring down and stomp some ass at Nopi down here in Atlanta Georgia
Old 01-17-2006, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Squeeks
Good god...I was gonna get the GM ST. 2 when it came out but....well we will leave it at that....A few questions for you big guys making these awesome kits. 1. How much will it cost me to put it on my STOCK BRAND NEW 06 Cobalt when it gets here around june??? Also i want to have it tuned and put on by you guys so no shipping prices just remind me of the location your at and all im gonna say is road trip Also can you dyno the car for me afterwards, and if so whats the cost on that if any? Ill be a little test pig if need be for the 06 cobalts instead of the 05's but please let me know because i want an upgrade an exauhst and heads for this thing as soon as i can do it when i buy it to bring down and stomp some ass at Nopi down here in Atlanta Georgia
My car is an 06 and was the first to get the kit. I've put over 1K miles on the car so far with the kit. No issues at all other than bad tire spin. My shop is Indianapolis and INTENSE is in columbus ohio.

Quick Reply: 2006 Cobalt SS makes 270 WHP!