2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

2006 Cobalt SS makes 270 WHP!

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2005, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Dman
the head is fine...270 is a very conservative number from gm, the upgrade head just flows better, thats all really...

my thinking is that they noticed the air flow start to suffer some around 270 and decided that they could make some more mula by offering a upgradable head

The head in the Performance catalog will NOT NOT fit the 2.0 properly. The cams and sensors are different. Just a litlle FYI
Old 12-22-2005, 08:05 AM

Rob Im going to swing by after 4pm today, and order those parts so don't close till atleast 5 today lol
Old 12-22-2005, 08:05 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by shiftingloco310
I guess after this mod you really can't do much unless you swap out pistons.
*yawn*

ECOTEC High Performance Piston, Ring and Pin Set
Part No. 88958634
Engineered for race applications, this part is designed for maximum power and strength:

This complete set is designed for use with the GM Performance Parts connecting rods (P/N: 88958618)
Pistons deliver a 10.5:1 compression ratio and 2.0 liters of displacement
The kit includes pistons, pins and rings

ECOTEC High Performance CNC Ported Head
Part No. 88958619
Engineered for full-race applications, this race-only part is designed for maximum power and strength:

Full-race aluminum head is machined using CNC technology
High performance ports
Three angle valve seats
Accepts a complete stock valvetrain

That's what I got to say about that. Then more happy modding
Old 12-22-2005, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by sneaky
*yawn*

ECOTEC High Performance Piston, Ring and Pin Set
Part No. 88958634
Engineered for race applications, this part is designed for maximum power and strength:

This complete set is designed for use with the GM Performance Parts connecting rods (P/N: 88958618)
Pistons deliver a 10.5:1 compression ratio and 2.0 liters of displacement
The kit includes pistons, pins and rings

ECOTEC High Performance CNC Ported Head
Part No. 88958619
Engineered for full-race applications, this race-only part is designed for maximum power and strength:

Full-race aluminum head is machined using CNC technology
High performance ports
Three angle valve seats
Accepts a complete stock valvetrain

That's what I got to say about that. Then more happy modding

i wish those fit our 2.0's! I got this straight from GM, those parts are for the 2.2 block! I makes it similar to our SS 2.0 engines
Old 12-22-2005, 08:34 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by FAST06SS
i wish those fit our 2.0's! I got this straight from GM, those parts are for the 2.2 block! I makes it similar to our SS 2.0 engines
Wow that sucks. :/ Can't even take the head of the 2.0 and take it to a good machine shop to flow better? What about the pistons... yuck..
Old 12-22-2005, 08:59 AM

Originally Posted by sneaky
Wow that sucks. :/ Can't even take the head of the 2.0 and take it to a good machine shop to flow better? What about the pistons... yuck..
Diamond racing pistons are available in 9.5:1 and 10.0:1 ratios from INTENSE-Racing.com

I wil be putting a set in myself very soon.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:01 AM

what ratio are you going with? it'd be interesting to see the change by going to 10.0 pistons.

Yes you can take off your head and take it to a shop for them to port, there is just nothing in the aftermarket out for the heads yet, but you can always do a custom set.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by stuffy236
what ratio are you going with? it'd be interesting to see the change by going to 10.0 pistons.

Yes you can take off your head and take it to a shop for them to port, there is just nothing in the aftermarket out for the heads yet, but you can always do a custom set.
I'm going with the 10.1

And you are 100% correct on porting your existing cylinder head. I'm sure in time there will be bolt on alternatives so you won't be down for a couple of weeks w/o the car.
Old 12-22-2005, 09:56 AM

You'll see the stock exhaust ports are VERY smalls !!!
Old 12-22-2005, 09:57 AM
Former Vendor

The excitement our kit is generating is upliftiing and we are getting inundated with requests for package pricing and shipping quotes. We have created a Performance Package with all the parts (except the cat delete) used on Rob's car and this package can be purchased by going to www.INTENSE-Racing.com and selecting Performance Packages from the Store -> Ecotec menu. For quick easy access you can use this INTENSE™ LSJ Stage 3 Performance Package link.

We are offering free ground shipping on all orders over 100.00 for the month of December and we are offering free INTENSE T-shirts on all orders. For shipping quotes on other methods than ground shipping our online store offers shipping quotes based on zipcode.

Thanks for all those who have PM'd and emailed regarding this package.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:11 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rogue
The excitement our kit is generating is upliftiing and we are getting inundated with requests for package pricing and shipping quotes. We have created a Performance Package with all the parts (except the cat delete) used on Rob's car and this package can be purchased by going to www.INTENSE-Racing.com and selecting Performance Packages from the Store -> Ecotec menu. For quick easy access you can use this INTENSE™ LSJ Stage 3 Performance Package link.

We are offering free ground shipping on all orders over 100.00 for the month of December and we are offering free INTENSE T-shirts on all orders. For shipping quotes on other methods than ground shipping our online store offers shipping quotes based on zipcode.

How about us Canadian's? Shipping? Customs? Group buy?
Old 12-22-2005, 10:15 AM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by denny
How about us Canadian's? Shipping? Customs? Group buy?
We ship to Canada using United States Postal Service Global Express. We don't offer free ground shipping to Canada but the rates are pretty competitive. The shipping quoter on our store will give you shipping costs.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:20 AM

Very nice work to all involved, keep up the great work.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:21 AM

We ship to Canada using United States Postal Service Global Express. We don't offer free ground shipping to Canada but the rates are pretty competitive. The shipping quoter on our store will give you shipping costs.

O.k Thanks.
Old 12-22-2005, 10:25 AM

Im going to stab myself and wait for GM to get off their lazy bums so I can race this summer!

Grats again on the new kit! VERY impressive!
Old 12-22-2005, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by BLKSS
Im going to stab myself and wait for GM to get off their lazy bums so I can race this summer!

Grats again on the new kit! VERY impressive!
This kit is looking reallllllly good right now. I really doubt GM will use a 2.8" pulley... If a few of us ordered this package since the package is small we could maybe save on shipping?
Old 12-22-2005, 10:34 AM

Any vids???
Old 12-22-2005, 10:58 AM

I'm very impressed how fast you guys are updating your web site and how fast you offer your great products. Great efforts !!!
Old 12-22-2005, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by denny
This kit is looking reallllllly good right now. I really doubt GM will use a 2.8" pulley... If a few of us ordered this package since the package is small we could maybe save on shipping?
Sounds convincing but isint it worth waiting? I mean the streets are still full of snow... Do you really think Gm will use something bigger like a 3.0? I mean for the warentee I think its worth waiting. I doupt a group purchase is really going to save us canadians some money but I am open to the concept. Like I said earlier that kit looks amazing. No more downshifting to 3rd for me!
Old 12-22-2005, 11:07 AM

BAD GTP
just out of curiousity what are the setting on the translator? if you don't mind. i have the translator plus which i used on my alero supercharged, which if i can get the wiring from my buddy at work i might be able to incorperate the timing functionality of it which would help out so much. but if i had a base idea of where to start with the settings it would be helpful. i know my settings are going to be a lot different becuase of ALT but it would give me a start.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by BLKSS
Sounds convincing but isint it worth waiting? I mean the streets are still full of snow... Do you really think Gm will use something bigger like a 3.0? I mean for the warentee I think its worth waiting. I doupt a group purchase is really going to save us canadians some money but I am open to the concept. Like I said earlier that kit looks amazing. No more downshifting to 3rd for me!
From what i was told, it will be a 3.1" w/ the GM kit High performance isn't for everyone and thier kit will be a nice "entry level" kit for the average newb.

Now for us hi-po guys, it is a waste of money
Old 12-22-2005, 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Bad GTP
Yes. With the GM reflash, the MAF Translator wouldn't be required.
what does the MAF translator do in this case? how does it get the pcm to run the biger injecters?

thanks for any help.
Old 12-22-2005, 11:34 AM

Originally Posted by 06black
what does the MAF translator do in this case? how does it get the pcm to run the biger injecters?

thanks for any help.

The MAF translator changes the Mass Air Flow signal sent to the PCM. As an example, when installed on a stock car (who runs too rich from the factory), you can tune it at a 95% MAF correction, so the PCM will think the average air weight (frequency) entering the engine is 5% less than usual, then it will "tell to the injectors" to flow some % less. So the engine will run leaner, thus producing some more HP !

My guess is that that kind of translator could be a bit useful with the GM stages too to get a couple more HP (I doubt GM kits will run as lean as mid 12's of air fuel ratio).
Old 12-22-2005, 12:28 PM
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by littless
just out of curiousity what are the setting on the translator? if you don't mind. i have the translator plus which i used on my alero supercharged, which if i can get the wiring from my buddy at work i might be able to incorperate the timing functionality of it which would help out so much. but if i had a base idea of where to start with the settings it would be helpful. i know my settings are going to be a lot different becuase of ALT but it would give me a start.
Our recommended MAFT settings (which we preset prior to shipment) are:

SW1 = On
SW2 = Off
SW3 = Off
SW4 = Off
MAF BASE = C
MAF WOT = 1

It is important to understand that these settings assume you're running the fuel injectors we provide. With different fuel injectors, you'll need different settings.

Everyone who placed orders last night will have them shipped today, and you should receive tracking numbers within the next four hours.

Thanks again to everyone for the tremendous support!
Old 12-22-2005, 12:38 PM
Doc

Originally Posted by FAST06SS
From what i was told, it will be a 3.1" w/ the GM kit High performance isn't for everyone and thier kit will be a nice "entry level" kit for the average newb.

Now for us hi-po guys, it is a waste of money
In your opinion the GM stage kits won't do any good..??

Does Intense plan on using the access to the PCM to work better numbers without the MAF translator (from the GM stage kits)...??

I just went in and did a dyno run with the Injen intake and I know that something is needed to make the car run leaner. I got richer and had more boost with the intake, although I can't capitalize on the extra air. I got 216.5 stock and 219.9 after the install. The car got real rich around 2500 and at about 3100 got better.

I want to get more HP, although I think the numbers are a bit premature right now. I can forsee much higher numbers after access to the PCM is available.

Last edited by Doc; 12-22-2005 at 12:39 PM. Reason: added last statement

Quick Reply: 2006 Cobalt SS makes 270 WHP!