2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Bad-Mab Header hath arrived!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2011, 06:36 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Products are built to a price. If this meets your budget and fulfills your expectations it is a great product for you. The fact that they have great customer sevice on top is why so many are interested in this header. Sure the welds could be better but if it adds another $25 per header that might be enough to stop some people from buying it. Shortcuts are always taken in the hidden areas in order to reduce cost. If they bolt up and don't leak they should last a long time.
Old 03-12-2011, 06:38 PM
Window Licker

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 07MetallicSC
This thread has nothing to do with long tubes.
haha yes i know, sorry, i was pretty intoxicated with that post and i think i was just trying to comment on shadows comment about the longtubes as opposed to the bad mab
Old 03-12-2011, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Received 213 Likes on 172 Posts
Originally Posted by sjc0013
haha yes i know, sorry, i was pretty intoxicated with that post and i think i was just trying to comment on shadows comment about the longtubes as opposed to the bad mab
No no wasn't directed at you, was directed to the Guy multiple people have reported in this thread. Shadow.
Old 03-12-2011, 11:11 PM
LSJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ouch, those welds do look real sloppy, as well as most of the craftsmanship throughout the collector. Though, Staged07SS seemed like he got a good one. Hit or miss it seems. I'm a fan of my OTTP long-tube though, like RooTBeeR.

Old 03-13-2011, 03:41 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
No no wasn't directed at you, was directed to the Guy multiple people have reported in this thread. Shadow.
I'm glad he is gone (thanks mods ). That kid thought he knew it all. He had an LSJ for maybe a year now (if that). He rants and raves about his header that has yet to be proven to make more gains than the shorty header in this thread. I have no problem with people stating information about different styles of headers, but to come in mulitple threads about the Badmab shorty and bash it was uncalled for.

In theory a long tube should work best, but that may not be the case for this particular application. Before anyone else trys to start anything, I'm an engineer, and unlike many, I understand fluid dynamics. So I do not need lectures like xxxxsh4d0wxxxx tried to give .

Last edited by Staged07SS; 03-13-2011 at 01:42 PM.
Old 03-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

^ win ^
Old 03-13-2011, 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by LSJ
Ouch, those welds do look real sloppy, as well as most of the craftsmanship throughout the collector. Though, Staged07SS seemed like he got a good one. Hit or miss it seems. I'm a fan of my OTTP long-tube though, like RooTBeeR.

who says im a fan boy? its just what i need for my particular setup esp with the tvs. i aint in here preaching it everywhere

...although i figure my sig is just stating the obvious
Old 03-13-2011, 02:00 PM

Originally Posted by Staged07SS
I'm glad he is gone (thanks mods ). That kid thought he knew it all. He had an LSJ for maybe a year now (if that). He rants and raves about his header that has yet to be proven to make more gains than the shorty header in this thread. I have no problem with people stating information about different styles of headers, but to come in mulitple threads about the Badmab shorty and bash it was uncalled for.

In theory a long tube should work best, but that may not be the case for this particular application. Before anyone else trys to start anything, I'm an engineer, and unlike many, I understand fluid dynamics. So I do not need lectures like xxxxsh4d0wxxxx tried to give .
YOU KNOW NOTHING! jk

k in need to stop thread jacking/whoring this place even tho the thread is pretty much closed
Old 03-13-2011, 02:10 PM

Originally Posted by RooTBeeR
YOU KNOW NOTHING! jk

k in need to stop thread jacking/whoring this place even tho the thread is pretty much closed
This^^^
Old 03-13-2011, 02:30 PM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

OP did you get car tuned or just header put on?
Old 03-13-2011, 09:09 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by RooTBeeR
YOU KNOW NOTHING! jk

Haha funny guy
Old 03-13-2011, 09:51 PM

my badmab header looked amazing compared to what i am seeing on this thread..
Old 03-13-2011, 10:02 PM

My header was alil sloppy but its still a great header and there no point in bashing it. It works great, looks great, fits great, price is great, gains are great and customer service is great. So enough bitching lol
Old 03-13-2011, 11:13 PM

Took a second look at mine and it looks more like Staged07SS' header. I like it a lot. Not sure why people are complaining when they don't even own the product. If you don't like it look elsewhere. I would never buy a ZZP mid-length and I can't justify spending so much on a longtube with no proof backing it up. Logically it makes sense but this Bad-Mab header has proven itself. To me the proof speaks for itself.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by DarkChild
Took a second look at mine and it looks more like Staged07SS' header. I like it a lot. Not sure why people are complaining when they don't even own the product. If you don't like it look elsewhere. I would never buy a ZZP mid-length and I can't justify spending so much on a longtube with no proof backing it up. Logically it makes sense but this Bad-Mab header has proven itself. To me the proof speaks for itself.
What proof are we talking about? Maybe I missed something but I never saw a before and after dyno sheet on these. The only media I have seen is some pictures showing poor build quality.

Again, I don't think anyone who doesn't own one is complaining (well maybe not everyone ). But I definitely don't begrudge anyone for opting for a solid budget oriented product.
Old 03-14-2011, 02:30 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

I have the proof I'm just still waiting on smg to send it over

Originally Posted by Tarheel62592
My header was alil sloppy but its still a great header and there no point in bashing it. It works great, looks great, fits great, price is great, gains are great and customer service is great. So enough bitching lol
This

Last edited by 07MetallicSC; 03-14-2011 at 02:30 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-14-2011, 09:19 AM
LSJ

Originally Posted by DarkChild
I would never buy a ZZP mid-length and I can't justify spending so much on a longtube with no proof backing it up. Logically it makes sense but this Bad-Mab header has proven itself. To me the proof speaks for itself.
Yeah, I think I'll trust ZZP, seeing as how all of their parts are made in-house. They have a dyno, and they hold the record for the worlds fastest Cobalt(s). Not to mention they probably single-handed have the most parts for the Cobalt.

Your statement was very, er, how do I put this.. Idiotic. ZZP does their homework before they make parts. Much more credibility than Bad-Mab.

It's okay, when someone actually cares enough to dyno their LT, half of this thread will sell their manifold to get a real header.

My $0.02

Originally Posted by SneakyMilo
Again, I don't think anyone who doesn't own one is complaining (well maybe not everyone ). But I definitely don't begrudge anyone for opting for a solid budget oriented product.
No, but after reading 5 pages, they like to bash LT setups because they can't afford them, then their reasoning is because their is no "proof". Then when someone comes in here and says something about their budgeting they get mad.

I'm going to keep my mouth shut after because I would rather have a LT any day, and I could care less what they run really.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by LSJ
Yeah, I think I'll trust ZZP, seeing as how all of their parts are made in-house. They have a dyno, and they hold the record for the worlds fastest Cobalt(s). Not to mention they probably single-handed have the most parts for the Cobalt.

Your statement was very, er, how do I put this.. Idiotic. ZZP does their homework before they make parts. Much more credibility than Bad-Mab.

It's okay, when someone actually cares enough to dyno their LT, half of this thread will sell their manifold to get a real header.

My $0.02

No, but after reading 5 pages, they like to bash LT setups because they can't afford them, then their reasoning is because their is no "proof". Then when someone comes in here and says something about their budgeting they get mad.

I'm going to keep my mouth shut after because I would rather have a LT any day, and I could care less what they run really.
No one has bashed a long tube header in this thread. The bashing has been towards the shorty header to which this thread is actually about. Trust me, I can afford a long tube, or any header offered for these cars. I do my own research on products, and purchase what I think is best for my paticular setup. I don't follow trends like 90% of the kiddies on this site.

Why dont you purchase the ZZP long tube, dyno it, and show us the results? Everyone who has bashed the shorty so far are the ones basing their information purely off of theory. Members shouldnt be bashing a product that produces real world numbers. You should be happy that there are options out for our cars. Back in the day (long before you joined) there werent many options for headers. Now we have shorty, mid-length, and long tube headers. As a whole we should be encouraging each others builds, not bashing them, because someone doesnt like a particular mod one chose to use.

On a side note read the LSJ power book, and check out the last chapter. Look closely to the style of header they chose to use on their 300+ engine build.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:01 AM

No one has bashed a long tube header in this thread. The bashing has been towards the shorty header to which this thread is actually about. Trust me, I can afford a long tube, or any header offered for these cars. I do my own research on products, and purchase what I think is best for my paticular setup. I don't follow trends like 90% of the kiddies on this site.

Why dont you purchase the ZZP long tube, dyno it, and show us the results? Everyone who has bashed the shorty so far are the ones basing their information purely off of theory. Members shouldnt be bashing a product that produces real world numbers. You should be happy that there are options out for our cars. Back in the day (long before you joined) there werent many options for headers. Now we have shorty, mid-length, and long tube headers. As a whole we should be encouraging each others builds, not bashing them, because someone doesnt like a particular mod one chose to use.

On a side note read the LSJ power book, and check out the last chapter. Look closely to the style of header they chose to use on their 300+ engine build.
preach brotha. haha.. wow that was gay. me i mean ha. anyways. i totally agree man. ha when i joined this site like 9 months ago i was like sweet. im part of the cobalt ss family. aha but its to much like an actual family. everyone makin fun of eachother and gettin into little bicker fights
Old 03-14-2011, 11:14 AM
Super Moderator
Platinum Member

Its because people like lsj and shadow come into threads and talk about something not related in anyway to the thread.
Example. - this thread.

Cliffnotes
Op purchases a badmab header
People who have purchased and installed the header such as staged and myself put in our own experiences with the header.
Immature members for who knows why after the fact start talking about longtubes in a header thread not related to them. Then get mad and defensive when we back the desicion that the op made.
that's where the bickering comes from and yes it is in needed. But you have to sit back and look at who's doing it

Last edited by 07MetallicSC; 03-14-2011 at 12:45 PM.
Old 03-14-2011, 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by SneakyMilo
What proof are we talking about? Maybe I missed something but I never saw a before and after dyno sheet on these. The only media I have seen is some pictures showing poor build quality.

This^^^ not bashing performance or fitment, bashing build quality. Would u buy a car, refrigerator, or anything if the welds looked like that?
Old 03-14-2011, 11:55 AM
LSJ

Its because people like lsj and shadow come into threads and talk about something not related in anyway to the thread.
Example. - this thread.

Cliffnotes
Op was asking what header to buy.
One of the headers considered was badmab.
People who have purchased and installed the header such as staged and myself put in our own experiences with the header.
Op purchases a badmab header
Immature members for who knows why after the fact start talking about longtubes in a header thread not related to them. Then get mad and defensive when we back the desicion that the op made.
that's where the bickering comes from and yes it is in needed. But you have to sit back and look at who's doing it
Staged, I have browsed book and yes, I observed what they used, you are correct. But why would ZZP or OTTP use a LT on 500whp LSJ's? I'm not saying I'm right, because obviously we both make good points. I am just saying for the sake of not shutting out other options.

It's not bashing really. Bashing is just ignorance with both eyes closed, if you get what I mean. There are facts to back up what is being said. Granted ZZP's car is not exactly a DD car that most of us on the forum drive. The proof they gave with their built LSJ race car is better than nothing, right?

And 07Metallic, I read the whole thread. I brought up the LT discussion only because I saw it was discussed by a few others earlier on in the thread. I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with comparison. Right?

I'm no fan-boy by any means. If people enjoy their shorty-header then hell, by all means run it! It would be pretty gay if we all had the same build. No?
Old 03-14-2011, 12:00 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by LSJ
Staged, I have browsed book and yes, I observed what they used, you are correct. But why would ZZP or OTTP use a LT on 500whp LSJ's? I'm not saying I'm right, because obviously we both make good points. I am just saying for the sake of not shutting out other options.

It's not bashing really. Bashing is just ignorance with both eyes closed, if you get what I mean. There are facts to back up what is being said. Granted ZZP's car is not exactly a DD car that most of us on the forum drive. The proof they gave with their built LSJ race car is better than nothing, right?

And 07Metallic, I read the whole thread. I brought up the LT discussion only because I saw it was discussed by a few others earlier on in the thread. I wouldn't say there is anything wrong with comparison. Right?

I'm no fan-boy by any means. If people enjoy their shorty-header then hell, by all means run it! It would be pretty gay if we all had the same build. No?
I agree with this. I by no means would ever shut out the other options out there. No where in this thread did I ever suggest such a thing (not saying you think I did). It's good to have other options. Not everyone builds their cars to be utilized the same way.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:13 PM
LSJ

I agree with this. I by no means would ever shut out the other options out there. No where in this thread did I ever suggest such a thing (not saying you think I did). It's good to have other options. Not everyone builds their cars to be utilized the same way.
Good! Common grounds FTW! I do not want to make enemies. I come here to extend my knowledge and try to help where I can. It is always good to be aware of all options, right? There are things I have purchased that, had I known about a different product that suited my needs better, I would have bought.

You seem to be a nice guy, and with that I will get out of this thread and sorry if I caused, er.. Disturbance. For lack of a better word.
Old 03-14-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by kikal8
because most people enjoy passing emissions. idc wat anybody says. U SHOULD NOT BE ABLE TO PASS EMISSIONS IF YOU DONT HAVE A CAT! people have said they pass anyway but u should not.
I passed emissions with no cat. Im running a zzp header and catless downpipe....

Quick Reply: Bad-Mab Header hath arrived!