2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Ecotec vs iVTEC

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 09:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by wasey13
Wow.... they did not lie about anything. They just tested differently then some of the domestics. That is why DC52NV asked where your source was because you sound so uneducated.

K20>> ecotec

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=266655

Mod list...

CP PISTONS
CROWER RODS
COMETIC GASKET
GOLDEN EAGLE BLOCK GUARD
CLUCH MASTES 2 DISC
CUSTOM TURBO KIT
AEM AMS
1,600cc INJECTORS
WASTE GAGE 40 MM
BLOW OFF 50 MM
TO4/TO3 PRESICION TURBO
3'' CAT BACK CUSTOM MADE
PROFEC B TYPE S BOOST CONTROLER
EGT AND BOOST GREDDY GAUGE

THE BLOCK,THE HEAD, AND THE TRANNY IS STOCK, NO STROKER,NO DARTONS,NO HEAD POLISH ONLY A BLOCK GUARD, FULL INTERIOR AND DAILY DRIVEN!!!

I can bring in some more examples, but that should take care of most disputes.

Is this a joke........ have you not read my previous post in this thread.
Wasey13 can you explain to me your experience in rebuilding Motors and tuning? as your quick to tell others are uneducated....I think your uneducated and your gonna stop telling people that.

Wow look at that The block is stock!! that is B.S my dear friend.
See these here:
CP PISTONS
CROWER RODS
COMETIC GASKET
GOLDEN EAGLE BLOCK GUARD

These are not stock.....(no honda pistons, no honda rods, no honda head gasket and even the block is reinforced with a block guard ) This is not STOCK!! this is over 3000$ of upgrades without even talking about the Labor involved in a FULL engine rebuilt...with no Honda compression ratio specs either!!

The LSJ has been proven to run right now @ 19PSI on a STOCK BLOCK!!
Please read my previoust post. Please understand I worked on Honda engine and all kinds of other Engines for a long time.
Lets drop this nonsense right now please.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:13 PM
Platinum Member

486whp 330tq @19psi on stock internals.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=343140
Old 12-28-2005, 10:17 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by denny
Is this a joke........ have you not read my previous post in this thread.
Wasey13 can you explain to me your experience in rebuilding Motors and tuning? as your quick to tell others are uneducated....I think your uneducated and your gonna stop telling people that.

Wow look at that The block is stock!! that is B.S my dear friend.
See these here:
CP PISTONS
CROWER RODS
COMETIC GASKET
GOLDEN EAGLE BLOCK GUARD

These are not stock.....(no honda pistons, no honda rods, no honda head gasket and even the block is reinforced with a block guard ) This is not STOCK!! this is over 3000$ of upgrades without even talking about the Labor involved in a FULL engine rebuilt...with no Honda compression ratio specs either!!

The LSJ has been proven to run right now @ 19PSI on a STOCK BLOCK!!
Please read my previoust post. Please understand I worked on Honda engine and all kinds of other Engines for a long time.
Lets drop this nonsense right now please.
Maybe you don't know what stock block means??A block guard must be used on Honda engines, of course you knew that. Besides that the block is stock. It has not been reinforced.

Originally Posted by selfinfliction
sorry could you post that again, i got lost reading about the 1000 hp stock block ecotec build book instructions, that the car manufacturer tells you how to do.

could you point me to the link from acura where they tell you how to build a 1000 hp 4 banger and all the part #'s listed individually? that's the example i would like
Then do it... stop talking about and racing from a book. Honda races N/A engines everyone knows that or should. Honda in 2 years will be as fast as the ecotecs are now, without boost. Also there are 1000hp B18s. That run 9s soon to be 8s. Without your precious book.

i meant to post 1000

it's in the gm build book.... and who cares about what car it's in now.. point being this setup can be put in any of our cobalts, and we got manufacturer support.. it's only a matter of time. you guys are comparing a car that's been out for 4 friggin years to one that has been out for about 10 months... don't be a hater man, just accept that honda isn't on top of the 4 banger market anymore. gm with saab have taken over
Umm... that RSX was like that almost 2 years ago. So at the time it was only out a year or at most 2. Don't be a fanboi man. Your car and engine is very nice. Just not the greatest.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:31 PM

Maybe you don't know what stock block means??A block guard must be used on Honda engines, of course you knew that. Besides that the block is stock. It has not been reinforced.
OMG your kidding me ....I cant believe your insulting my intelligence like that. Read what you just posted. Am gonna tell you what a block guard does and why its used o.k. a block guard is used because the honda engine uses a Open water jacket design and the lack of material around the piston walls make the engine very prone to cracking a piston wall when forced induction is used or any stress that makes the engine work harder. So the block guard is a metal structure that is used to cover that gap between the block and piston walls it can be pressed in or even welded in and then the block resurfaced. THAT IS NOT STOCK!! HOLY GEEZZ.......all those internals listed are NOT STOCK!!
Wasey13 do you now what an ENGINE is?
Old 12-28-2005, 10:36 PM
Banned

Honda in 2 years will be as fast as the ecotecs are now, without boost. Also there are 1000hp B18s. That run 9s soon to be 8s. Without your precious book.
Honda has had more than enough time to build a 4 cylinder engine to compete with GM and Dodge. The new Civic Si just came out, and even with the benchmarks set by the Dodge 2.4 Turbo and GM 2.0 S/C, they still came up short with only 197HP. If they could easily beat those engines as you claim, they would have done so already.

Don't be a fanboi man. Your car and engine is very nice. Just not the greatest.
Yea "not the greatest according" to you, who happens to like Honda engines. Sorry, but not everyone likes to drive around small displacement, torqueless, peaky engines that need to be revv'd to 8,000RPM to make any power. Many of us prefer engines that are more well balanced, with a combination of good low end torque and top end power - and Honda doesn't offer that.
Old 12-28-2005, 10:55 PM

OMG your kidding me ....I cant believe your insulting my intelligence like that. Read what you just posted. Am gonna tell you what a block guard does and why its used o.k. a block guard is used because the honda engine uses a Open water jacket design and the lack of material around the piston walls make the engine very prone to cracking a piston wall when forced induction is used or any stress that makes the engine work harder. So the block guard is a metal structure that is used to cover that gap between the block and piston walls it can be pressed in or even welded in and then the block resurfaced. THAT IS NOT STOCK!! HOLY GEEZZ.......all those internals listed are NOT STOCK!!
Wasey13 do you now what an ENGINE is?

THANK YOU DENNY!!!!!!

I dont think the ECOTEC is the best 4cyl out there...it could be but i dont kno what is out there across the world BUT i will put it above any honda moter due to the fact that no honda has even made decent power with out a flipin crazy redline and they never make TQ if you take the money that went in to the moter you honda guys are useing to try and one up us ecotec boys and put it in to the LSJ than the lsj would most def blow it out of the water!!!!

so no matter what anybody says i say the ecotec it a dam great moter maybe the best out there and its totaly better than the current honda moters but i do have respet for the k-siries moters the flow rate on there heads and moter as a whole is great...but i dont think that puts it above the ecotec....

just what i think....dont try to change my mind it wount work
Old 12-28-2005, 11:03 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by wesmanw02
Honda has had more than enough time to build a 4 cylinder engine to compete with GM and Dodge. The new Civic Si just came out, and even with the benchmarks set by the Dodge 2.4 Turbo and GM 2.0 S/C, they still came up short with only 197HP. If they could easily beat those engines as you claim, they would have done so already.
I was refering to the drag teams. Not production cars. I doubt Honda will boost their production cars and I doubt they really care about outperforming dodge or GM when they outsell them(in the compact market). The 2.0l 4g63t and 2.5l EJ25t out-do the dodge 2.4 turbo and GM 2.0 s/c. Why is your motor so great? It has boost but only out performs VWs, some Subarus and Minis as far as factory boosted 4 cyl. go. Honda is NA and it still beats up on everything in the touring events they compete in. Point being Honda wins in everything they compete in, except motorcycles Yamaha is ripping that up right now. They are bringing the RSX type R to the states next year then we can have this discussion again when it has 220 or more horsepower.

Originally Posted by wesmanw02
Yea "not the greatest according" to you, who happens to like Honda engines. Sorry, but not everyone likes to drive around small displacement, torqueless, peaky engines that need to be revv'd to 8,000RPM to make any power. Many of us prefer engines that are more well balanced, with a combination of good low end torque and top end power - and Honda doesn't offer that.
Torque doesn't help FWD cars. Hasn't that been beaten to death? See above why it shouldn't be the greatest to you, either.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:32 PM

^^^When's the last time Honda won anything in F1? It has been many years!! Stop generalizing!
Old 12-28-2005, 11:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SS4ME
^^^When's the last time Honda won anything in F1? It has been many years!! Stop generalizing!
Schumacher took what 5th this year for Honda, overall? What about IRL?
Old 12-28-2005, 11:53 PM

Schumacher took what 5th this year for Honda, overall? What about IRL?

Wasey this is what you said "Point being Honda wins in everything they compete in"

SS4M replied "When's the last time Honda won anything in F1? It has been many years!! Stop generalizing!"

So SS4M is right on this.
Old 12-28-2005, 11:53 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DC52NV
486whp 330tq @19psi on stock internals.

http://forums.clubrsx.com/showthread.php?t=343140

oh god you're kidding me right? that guy is claiming he's outrunning a zo6 corvette. that car has more power, has probably double the torque and only weighs about 60 pounds more.. but add in the weight of all the rsx's add on parts and the rsx would probably weigh more...

so now this magical rsx can outrun a car that does 0-60 in first gear and in less than 4 seconds, and has a top speed of around 200~mph, better aerodynamics and a shitload more torque.. and it just so happened that he ran into az06 a couple days after he dynoed this?
Old 12-29-2005, 12:04 AM
Platinum Member

oh god you're kidding me right? that guy is claiming he's outrunning a zo6 corvette. that car has more power, has probably double the torque and only weighs about 60 pounds more.. but add in the weight of all the rsx's add on parts and the rsx would probably weigh more...

so now this magical rsx can outrun a car that does 0-60 in first gear and in less than 4 seconds, and has a top speed of around 200~mph, better aerodynamics and a shitload more torque.. and it just so happened that he ran into az06 a couple days after he dynoed this?
i couldn't care less what he thinks he can beat. just showing you that 19psi is duable on stock internals for the k20a2.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:19 AM
Banned

You are kidding right????????????? How does an RSX go from weighing 2800-2900lbs. to weighing 3100+lbs?? FWD is better then RWD from a roll. I LOVE CORVETTES, but you are way off based here.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:21 AM

Can someone explain to me why FWD is better than RWD from a roll? Not trying to be a jerk or anything, I've just heard that a lot but never understood why.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:26 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tofu
Can someone explain to me why FWD is better than RWD from a roll? Not trying to be a jerk or anything, I've just heard that a lot but never understood why.
Less drivetrain loss. Power goes straight to wheels through two short axles on FWD car. On RWD cars it has to go down the long drive axle to the rear end then through axle(s) to the wheels, taking away power.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:31 AM

Wow, dur...that makes complete sense.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:31 AM

You are kidding right????????????? How does an RSX go from weighing 2800-2900lbs. to weighing 3100+lbs?? FWD is better then RWD from a roll. I LOVE CORVETTES, but you are way off based here.
Wasey I will tell you who's off base here. This guy in a 500hp stock engine RSX....CLAIMS...to have a stock Honda engine running over 19PSI!! Of course nobody has ever seen his car run.....and nobody has seen the engine's internals...!! This guy is bluffing...BIG TIME.

Just another Internet warrior claiming fame....c'mon DC lets test it out. Take your RSX and install these same parts as the magical 500hp RSX:

-full race manifold
-pt67 turbo (p-trim, e-cover, .81 a/r, 67 front, 76 rear)
-44mm tial wastegate
-55mm tial bov
-precision 750hp fmic
-custom 3inch downpipe
-custom wastegate dump
-custom intercooler piping
-1000cc precision injectors
-3bar map
-resistor box
-hondata k-pro
-odyssey battery with custom battery mount
-aeromotive fpr
-walbro 255
-return line
-itr intake manifold

Boost the turbo to over 19PSI and Dyno it. I will help you push the car out of the Dyno so the tow truck can come over and pick it up.....but you cleanup the oil and coolant fluid from the floor from your Rods that went trew your block!!

C'mon reality check here....
Old 12-29-2005, 12:38 AM
Platinum Member

Wasey I will tell you who's off base here. This guy in a 500hp stock engine RSX....CLAIMS...to have a stock Honda engine running over 19PSI!! Of course nobody has ever seen his car run.....and nobody has seen the engine's internals...!! This guy is bluffing...BIG TIME.

Just another Internet warrior claiming fame....c'mon DC lets test it out. Take your RSX and install these same parts as the magical 500hp RSX:

-full race manifold
-44mm tial wastegate
-55mm tial bov
-precision 750hp fmic
-custom 3inch downpipe
-custom wastegate dump
-3bar map
-resistor box
-hondata k-pro
-aeromotive fpr
-walbro 255
-return line
-itr intake manifold

Boost the turbo to over 19PSI and Dyno it. I will help you push the car out of the Dyno so the tow truck can come over and pick it up.....but you cleanup the oil and coolant fluid from the floor from your Rods that went trew your block!!

same can be said about the thread starter's car. he could have more mods than listed and the evo could be missing 2 spark plugs. c'mon now, he is a well known member on crsx. he is sponsored by companies. why would he lie about what he has? he has no reason to. if he did lie, i'm sure people would have called him on it. i would love to have those parts on my car if it were for free.

what would prove to you that he is on stock internals? want him to take pics of his engine stripped apart and put it back together part for part? c'mon now.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:41 AM
Banned

-full race manifold
-44mm tial wastegate
-55mm tial bov
-precision 750hp fmic
-custom 3inch downpipe
-custom wastegate dump
-3bar map
-resistor box
-hondata k-pro
-aeromotive fpr
-walbro 255
-return line
-itr intake manifold

DC5 RSX was the 3rd RSX to hit 12s NA and has been with RSXs since they first came out. You say you have rebuilt all kinds of motors, and etc. How many K-series have you done??? They are magnificent motors. I believe him... he has ZERO reason to lie.
Old 12-29-2005, 12:48 AM

I can see it is true but other people on that thread were saying that it would not last long and that he was waiting for it to blow up so he could but his built motor in. This is what i am seeing is that 19 on a stock motor is doable but is not too reliable. I would like to see how long it lasts....
Old 12-29-2005, 01:00 AM

The LSJ might not be the best 4 cylinder motor, but I think it's a testement to it's potential/reliability and overall design when Ariel uses the motor in their Atom along side w/ the Type-R (not sure the engine code) motor produced by Honda.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by DC52NV
same can be said about the thread starter's car. he could have more mods than listed and the evo could be missing 2 spark plugs. c'mon now, he is a well known member on crsx. he is sponsored by companies. why would he lie about what he has? he has no reason to. if he did lie, i'm sure people would have called him on it. i would love to have those parts on my car if it were for free.

what would prove to you that he is on stock internals? want him to take pics of his engine stripped apart and put it back together part for part? c'mon now.
I personally dont buy it....I dont believe it. Thats me ...my personal opinion. I really could not care less of proof from him about his engine being stock. DC really to each their own....
Old 12-29-2005, 01:06 AM
Platinum Member

I personally dont buy it....I dont believe it. Thats me ...my personal opinion. I really could not care less of proof from him about his engine being stock. DC really to each their own....
well then that's your personal opinion. no need to tell others that it can't be done when you are not sure. you are entitled to your opinion just like everyone else in here.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:25 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tofu
The LSJ might not be the best 4 cylinder motor, but I think it's a testement to it's potential/reliability and overall design when Ariel uses the motor in their Atom along side w/ the Type-R (not sure the engine code) motor produced by Honda.
The Lotus Elise was supposed to use the K20a (Type-R ) but couldn't because of emissions, instead it uses the JDM celica GT-S motor. There could be a lot of reasons why they use the 2.0 S/C ecotec, maybe GM gave them a really great deal.

Besides the Ultima GTR with a Chevy V8 is better anyways.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:26 AM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wasey: I beleve the RSX and the TSX are behind the Cobalt SS/SC in the Grand Am Cup a large majority of the races.

Quick Reply: Ecotec vs iVTEC