2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Engine Codes pls help

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2012, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Engine Codes pls help

Hey guys I got some new codes today after filling the car up. I have a scan tool so I pulled the codes and have an idea what they are my problem is I dont know how what could be causing these. The codes are P0340, P0017, and P0341. I deleted them and the car started and ran fine, I drove to work no problems. Start the car after work no codes car runs fine stopped a couple times before getting home no codes still running good. I stop by my babysitters house and boom codes again rescan same codes deleted again car ran fine all the way home. Got home killed and started the car 4 or 5 times no codes on the last try boom codes again. I deleted them again and car starts and runs fine. Any ideas the camshaft position sensor was replaced about a year ago when I had a used motor put in the car. I guess my main question is if I keep deleting them and the car starts and runs good could I be causing dmg to the engine doing this?
Old 12-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Super Moderator

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
there is a code listing the search button works see

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/prob...-merged-12015/
Old 12-14-2012, 09:06 PM

I dont think I asked for help knowing what the codes were so before you reply with some stupid use the search button bullshit actually read the post thanks alot for nothing....
Old 12-14-2012, 11:26 PM
Super Moderator

try being smart and post what the codes are not just the po number not everyone has all of the 4006 codes memorized that might have got you some help alot faster

P0340 Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Circuit -PCM
P0341 Camshaft Position (CMP) Sensor Performance -PCM
P0117 Engine Coolant Temperature (ECT) Sensor Circuit Low Voltage -PCM

shoot the wires and look for a short
Old 12-14-2012, 11:45 PM

Originally Posted by GringoBandito
I dont think I asked for help knowing what the codes were so before you reply with some stupid use the search button bullshit actually read the post thanks alot for nothing....
Keep your attitude in check and you'll get better help. Smart off to everyone and you'll end up having to delete your user and open up a new one...

The guy gave you a legit answer, list of codes. "Thank you for your help, what I was looking for is "this and this" (explain what this and this is) will get you more help.

In other words, grow up and we'll treat you as an adult. Keep the jackass attitude, and you'll end up like Cobe.
Old 12-15-2012, 02:11 PM

Wsnt trying to be dick but people telling me to use the search button doesnt help me answer my question. Sorry if I hurt your feelings or you thought I was being an *******. Neither of your answers helps me out though. I am asking if I delete the codes and the car continues to run fine after doing so can I do damage to the engine?
Old 12-15-2012, 03:16 PM

Received 263 Likes on 222 Posts
all 3 codes are cam position sensor related. between the 3 codes (cam/crank correlation, performance and circuit) my thoughts are you have a faulty sensor, however a poor connection could also cause this issue. its an intermitent problem, and by the sounds of it likely happens and sets the codes and would likely be fine right away after had the codes not set.

when these codes set the car is going into a failsafe strategy, its running using the crank sensor only, reverting to batchfire injection (sequential isnt possible without a cam sensor) and wastespark ignition. failsafe is basicly designed to keep you driving to get to a shop to have it fixed. are you doing damage? i doubt it. i still however would get it fixed sooner than later as this is the sign of something failing before its completely failed. you dont really want ot get in the situation where you have to drive the car for hours in failsafe because the part has completely failed.
Old 12-15-2012, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator

Wsnt trying to be dick but people telling me to use the search button doesnt help me answer my question. Sorry if I hurt your feelings or you thought I was being an *******. Neither of your answers helps me out though. I am asking if I delete the codes and the car continues to run fine after doing so can I do damage to the engine?
codes to do **** with out a description
yea you were being a dick just admit it lol
Old 12-15-2012, 03:35 PM
Got Brakes?
Platinum Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
^^ this. Ask half a question without sufficient information, then cop an attitude when someone tries to help and get more information from you. Not cool.
Old 12-16-2012, 01:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

all Im gona say is look at mrB's join date and look at urs...
big difference there..

most ppl around here have had about every problem imaginable so by search a lil i bet u would find the answer..alot of ppl on here just post up question and r to lazy to go look for the answer.
Old 12-16-2012, 04:00 PM

Sharkey thank you for your help.
Old 12-16-2012, 05:30 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I keep deleting them and the car starts and runs good could I be causing dmg to the engine doing this?

It might.
The entire reason for the codes is to let you know there is a malfunction. The codes keep coming back so obviously something is wrong.
Old 12-16-2012, 10:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My best guess is w wiring issue like mentioned above. Faulty or worn connector or pinched/shorted wired with exposed wiring. Prob why it goes away and comes back after a while. Start with checking wiring in that area and pull the conduit off it. But i'd also check the sensors themselves with a multimeter.