2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

I want so bad my OTTP stage kit installed but I need a case relearn...

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2009, 07:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question I want so bad my OTTP stage kit installed but I need a case relearn...

I would like to install it right now!!! SOOOO baddly! But once installed, I'll have to do a crank case relearn because I'm using another PCM. Once all installed and the check engine light telling me to do the case relearn, can I still do WOT pulls? Im waiting for my Interceptor gauge with the newest firmware so I can do the crank case relearn but this is taking so long. They had the package 4 days ago and they told me that they didnt see the notice that the package has been delivered to their door.

Wow big thumbs down for them... this is unnaceptable. That package sit 4 days without beeing handled by them. So what about doing WOT pulls even with the case relearn not done??
Old 08-14-2009, 08:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
w8, ur saying the new flash of the interceptors can do the crank case relearn?
Old 08-15-2009, 04:15 AM

Supposedly... this is what Im gonna see when I'll have it back But for now, my big concern is if I can drive the car hard or if this is bad for the car, if I drive it hard even if my crank case relearn is not done.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:24 AM

dont worry about the crank variation relearn...i had that code forever...for about 8 months if not more...car drove awesome...the ecm will go off the other sensors...yes you can do WOT runs with no problem. if you take it to a dealer or if you have access to a Tech 2 and CANdi module you should be able to do this relearn in less than 5 mins
Old 08-15-2009, 04:33 AM

i feel your pain on the waiting part. when i got mine i shipped my pcm in and my car was down for 6 weeks because shipping got messed up with the pulley puller. it took 3 weeks just to find that out. nothin bad on OTTP simple mistake but sucks it took that long.
Old 08-15-2009, 04:55 AM

Originally Posted by mrsilent13
dont worry about the crank variation relearn...i had that code forever...for about 8 months if not more...car drove awesome...the ecm will go off the other sensors...yes you can do WOT runs with no problem. if you take it to a dealer or if you have access to a Tech 2 and CANdi module you should be able to do this relearn in less than 5 mins
Wow dude! Thank you so much for this reassuring answer!! However, I'd need the opinion of other people, damn if anyone says that I can do some wide open throttle pulls with my car without a problem even if my CASE relearn isnt done, I'm gonna install all the kit TODAY AS SOON AS I'M AWAKE (have to sleep now lol)!!

Please I need your inputs guys!!!!

And oh, something I would like to show to everyone... This is a procedure for doing the crank case relearn on a GM car when we can't do it with a scan tool:

NOTE: If the Crankshaft Variation Relearn is not accessible through your scan tool (some truck applications 1998 & later), perform the relearn in the following manner:

1. Turn off all of the accessories. With the Air temperature sensor and Coolant temperature within 5 degrees (Centigrade) of each other, start the engine and let it idle in Park or Neutral for two minutes.
2. Accelerate the vehicle to 55 mph at part throttle. Cruise at 55 mph for 8- 10 minutes until the engine reaches operating temperature.
3. Cruise at 55 mph for another 5-6 minutes.
4. Decelerate to 45 mph without using the brakes, and maintain 45 mph for 1 minute.
5. Perform 4 deceleration cycles, without using the brakes, of 25 seconds each where no specific speed is necessary. Returning to 45 mph for 15 seconds in between deceleration cycles.
6. Accelerate to 55 mph and cruise for 2 minutes.
7. Stop the vehicle and idle for 2 minutes with the brake applied and the transmission in Drive (automatic trans.) or Neutral (manual trans.) with the clutch depressed. Refer to diagram A on page 8.
Does anyone have ever tried to do a "manual" case relearn like that in their COBALT SS? Because they say that this is for GM cars / trucks, they don't specify that this can work for our cobalts...

THANX in advance for your inputs!!
Old 08-16-2009, 02:28 AM

Anyone else?
Old 08-16-2009, 01:46 PM

that process will not work...you need the TECH 2 scan tool and the CANdi module...like i said...it only takes a few minutes...i no **** did the relearn in less than 2 mins if that. After ******* around with the tool and finding the correct menus it took less than 2 mins to get the relearn done.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:47 PM

Allright thanx! My only concern now is if I really can install my kit and beeing still safe even if I beat my car. You say that this is safe... however, why Im again hesitant is that I saw somewhere in the forum that you better not beat the car if the case relearn is not done. Maybe those people just said this without ANY expercience like you?

It seems like not so much people know much about this subject as no other people have replied to my tread yet, still with 132s views...

If I could understand WHY this is needed, this would be great For example, when the case relearn isnt done, what kind of values the PCM don't see in order to have 100% of functionnality? Something is certainly missing when the case relearn isnt done, if not, that process couldnt exist?