2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Installing LNF Mounts

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 11:41 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Installing LNF Mounts

I am going to be swapping out the stock LSJ mounts for the front and rear LNF trans mounts. I went ahead and put the car on stands for tonight and looked underneath to see it'll take to get them out. The front mount looks simple and straightforward. The rear one seems like it may take a little work getting out, not much room to manuver and the shift cables are literally sitting on the mount it seems. I looked at the how to articles for the rotated mounts, and some mention taking off the rear trans mounting bracket. Is this really necessary when replacing with a stock LSJ or LNF rear trans mount? Anyone here swap to LNF mounts and could tell me the process the used for getting the rear out?
Old 04-11-2012, 12:16 AM
Super Moderator

Received 51 Likes on 45 Posts
it isent a hard job to do ur just over thinking things my advice is just get to doing it
Old 04-11-2012, 03:10 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
U should have gotten a spacer for the rear mount to rotate it aswell.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:24 AM

Originally Posted by mrbelvedere
it isent a hard job to do ur just over thinking things my advice is just get to doing it
Probably. I saw the shift cable up there and didn't know if there was any other steps that had to be done first in order to get the mount out. I will mess with it later today

Originally Posted by Vander Nars
U should have gotten a spacer for the rear mount to rotate it aswell.
These are stock LNF mounts, not the rotated mounts
Old 04-11-2012, 11:29 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
i have a stock rear lnf mount with a spacer, the spacer is what makes it a rotated mount.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:13 PM
Administrator
Administrator
Platinum Member

Received 197 Likes on 175 Posts
Download the instructions off of CED's website.

I believe the instructions are for the LSJ wheel hop kit.

I used them for installing my GMPP (LNF) trans mounts back in the day.

Also, check out Powells how to. Even though these arent rotated they are a good deal firmer, and the 3 upper engine mount bolts should be loosened/re-torqued and allowed to settled.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/driv...el-hop-211475/

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/driv...sj-lnf-253153/

Last edited by Staged07SS; 04-11-2012 at 12:19 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 03:45 AM

Originally Posted by Staged07SS
Also, check out Powells how to. Even though these arent rotated they are a good deal firmer, and the 3 upper engine mount bolts should be loosened/re-torqued and allowed to settled.

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/driv...el-hop-211475/

https://www.cobaltss.net/forums/driv...sj-lnf-253153/
I actually looked at both of those already, thanks anways. Plenty of good info in both links.

Well, there no possible way I can get the rear one out without removing the bracket or the shift cables (not touching these). The cables are sitting right above the mount where you can't slide it up and out. I tried wiggling it out every which way but it isn't going.

The front one is in but I left the rear alone for now. Since I can't find my push pin removal tool anywhere to take out the plastic pin holding the 02 sensor wiring to the rear trans bracket. I wish there was a way of getting the rear without taking off trans bracket, it'd save me from trying to find someone with a pin removal tool or haing to buy another
Old 04-14-2012, 06:28 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i seem to recall needing to remove the upper bracket to install the rear lnf mount. there is also a small bracket holding the o2 sensor cable that i believe you have to remove. the shift cables are way far away, so you don't need to worry about those. make sure to support the engine.
Old 04-14-2012, 06:37 AM
Former Vendor

Received 47 Likes on 36 Posts
the xmas tree fastener for the o2 sensor is a pita without the forked removal tool. Yes undo and remove the entire bracket and re and re the rear mount off the car into the bracket. Once you undo the 3 lower bolts and the 3 tranmission mounts for the bracket, you can rotate the assembly and reach the 02 sensor easier to remove it and then extract the mount assembly. The cross bolt for the rear mount is torqued to 76 ft lbs/ the lower bolts are 37 ft lbs, the bracket to trans are 42 ft lbs. Be care ful and start all the bolts a few threads at the rear, the 3 trans mounts can be difficult if you tighten one bolt all the way up before the others.

Good luck
Old 04-14-2012, 11:41 AM

Originally Posted by SaberD
i seem to recall needing to remove the upper bracket to install the rear lnf mount. there is also a small bracket holding the o2 sensor cable that i believe you have to remove. the shift cables are way far away, so you don't need to worry about those. make sure to support the engine.
The SS must be different then. On my ION RL, the cables are running directly above the rear mount. So there is realy no way to push the mount up and out, I tried every possible way to wiggle it from under the car.

Originally Posted by Powell Race Parts
the xmas tree fastener for the o2 sensor is a pita without the forked removal tool. Yes undo and remove the entire bracket and re and re the rear mount off the car into the bracket. Once you undo the 3 lower bolts and the 3 tranmission mounts for the bracket, you can rotate the assembly and reach the 02 sensor easier to remove it and then extract the mount assembly. The cross bolt for the rear mount is torqued to 76 ft lbs/ the lower bolts are 37 ft lbs, the bracket to trans are 42 ft lbs. Be care ful and start all the bolts a few threads at the rear, the 3 trans mounts can be difficult if you tighten one bolt all the way up before the others.

Good luck
Thanks. Kinda stinks that you have to take off the rear bracket to get the mount out, but its the only way to do it