2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Intense Performance HELP!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2006, 07:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Intense Performance HELP!!!!!

Alright, I am interested in getting a custom tune and parts from Intense, but I've left 2 messages and called them every other day for the last week and a half and have yet to talk to anyone. I live in Albquerque NM so I need a custom tune for the elevation, plus I plan on running nitrous. I am really getting tired of not being able to talk to anyone, and am starting to have second thoughts about using them since I can't seem to get ahold of anyone. So 2 things would be helpful.

1. Anyone that knows how to get ahold of these guys, or could you give them my number 505-550-3366? Names JJ

2. Anyone know of any tuners closer to where I am incase I don't get a response?
Old 09-06-2006, 07:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just e-mailed Scott earlier, and had a response within 10 minutes? Check your contact info.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:18 PM

Originally Posted by Bad06SS
I just e-mailed Scott earlier, and had a response within 10 minutes? Check your contact info.
Currently don't have a working email, and the things I need to go over would be much better suited to a telephone conversation anyways. But if all else fails I will get a Yahoo account a email him.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Lithium
Alright, I am interested in getting a custom tune and parts from Intense, but I've left 2 messages and called them every other day for the last week and a half and have yet to talk to anyone. I live in Albquerque NM so I need a custom tune for the elevation, plus I plan on running nitrous. I am really getting tired of not being able to talk to anyone, and am starting to have second thoughts about using them since I can't seem to get ahold of anyone. So 2 things would be helpful.

1. Anyone that knows how to get ahold of these guys, or could you give them my number 505-550-3366? Names JJ

2. Anyone know of any tuners closer to where I am incase I don't get a response?
Do not get the "custome tune". It's only a base for a profesional to do a real tune. Re-direct all of your questions and buisness to Cobalt addiction. I have dealt with both companies ant CA is #1 in every dept. INTENSE has owed me $900 for a week now, and I can't get ahold of anyone.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:25 PM

Sometimes its hard to get a hold of them since they are in the shop most of the time. Make sure you keep calling tho. theyll answer suddenly.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:26 PM

Originally Posted by BallsoutBalt
Do not get the "custome tune". It's only a base for a profesional to do a real tune. Re-direct all of your questions and buisness to Cobalt addiction. I have dealt with both companies ant CA is #1 in every dept. INTENSE has owed me $900 for a week now, and I can't get ahold of anyone.

I've never personally "dealt" with CA, their prices stink. I've never had any issues getting responses from INTENSE, their customer service has been better than any other company.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:27 PM

Eh^^^, I saved like $300 by going with CA over intense.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:34 PM

SIde A Bad06ss Intense Team
Side B allsouthBalt Cobalt Addiction Team.
Who will win, its for you to choose!
I personally think that CA has some good stuff for us and I have gotten great service from them. When I order my stuff I get it in 3 days!
I also think that intense has given me very profesional service. When I ordered my stg 3 kit, it was here in 4 days and scott even gave me a credit for the old injector connectors I had since they werent plug and play.
In my opinion both companies are top notch and we are very lucky to have them both serving and making parts for us in the cobalt world. And im sure there are a million people out there who feel exactly the way I do. I guess you guys Ballsout and lithium have had bad experiences with them. But also consider that this might be a hectic time for them since you are both having problems with them during the same time. So give it some time and keep calling and Cobaltsout I can GUARANTEE you that Intense WILL NOT KEEP YOUR MONEY!
Old 09-06-2006, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by Ljavy17
I guess you guys Ballsout and lithium have had bad experiences with them.

I haven't had bad experience with them, I just haven't had any experience with them, and I would like to......
Old 09-06-2006, 07:46 PM

oh ok. lol your right sorry.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:46 PM

Yea, I really don't want to turn this into a vendor war, that's not my intention. I'm just surprised to see that you've had a delay'd response, as I always get a very fast response.
Old 09-06-2006, 07:53 PM

Look I'm not knocking either. The way I figure, If I'm gonna spend $1000 with a company on-line, I would want to know about some personal experiences.
Fact #1 the stage 4 kit is 300 less with CA and theid ZZP pulley's dont require snout machining.
Fact#2 I get a response every time from CA.

I know Intense wont keep my $ But it,s just bad practice to not refund someone right away when you can't produce what they ordered.

But, mad props to both companies for catering to our need for aftermarket on the cobalts.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:04 PM
Premium Member

Maybe I'm just confused, but how would they do a custom tune for a high elevation without being at the high elevation? (Intense is in Ohio and CA is in NJ) I'm not trying to be a smartass, just curious to how that would be done without throwing the car on a dyno to see how it reacts to the different adjustments in such a different environment.
Old 09-06-2006, 08:09 PM

Originally Posted by mken
Maybe I'm just confused, but how would they do a custom tune for a high elevation without being at the high elevation? (Intense is in Ohio and CA is in NJ) I'm not trying to be a smartass, just curious to how that would be done without throwing the car on a dyno to see how it reacts to the different adjustments in such a different environment.
Absolutly!!! Just what I said earlier.
Old 09-06-2006, 10:25 PM

I personally deal with INTENSE. However, they are local to me, so its not too much hassle to go directly to them with an issue. They were somewhat hard to get a hold of via phone. I just kept calling and finally reached one of the guys by randomly going through the extensions. Todd is usually in the office.

I did email them once concerning stage 4, and never got a reply from them. That was about 2 weeks prior to my calling. I ended up only going w/their MPS and tensioner.

They have a huge inventory, Im suprised that they were unable to help Ballsout with his order. I got to see all of their products first hand, and they had a lot of stuff there. It was well organized, and seemed like a pretty straight up operation. Todd was very informative, and quick to answer my questions and concerns.

I've had good experiences with them thus far, and hope that it will continue to go that way. Ballsout is right though, the ZZP mps is appealing because you can go down to a 2.6" without any maching of the snout. I believe that INTENSE requires maching for a 2.8" or below. (kind of sucks for me eh?)

As far as a custom tune, Id go with someone locally who can dyno your car, and give you a custom tune via HP Tuners and a wideband. Im personally going to go with GM stage 1 (I got it SUPER cheap) for now, coupled with the Intense mps already on my car, and a 2.8". At some point in the future, HP Tuners, 60lb injectors, and a smaller pulley.

Hope this helps,
Chris~