2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

So can you just e mail the Binary File to everyone?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2006, 04:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So can you just e mail the Binary File to everyone?

If someone buys the Binary File and its an e mail. can they just send it to whoever they want?
Old 06-14-2006, 06:19 PM
Moderator Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JCswoosher2
If someone buys the Binary File and its an e mail. can they just send it to whoever they want?
Yep.
Old 06-14-2006, 06:30 PM

binary file for what?

binary is a code, like text, so yea, if you have the code, you can email that code to anyone, but what binary code are you refering too>?
Old 06-14-2006, 06:32 PM

I presume the PCM tune from Intense for HPTuners?

- Solo
Old 06-14-2006, 06:53 PM

***** WARNING WARNING****************** WARNING WARNING*************

We did that with my car. a guy that had the pretty much the same mods as me gave me his tune and while it worked my car reacted differently to the tune then his did and needed to be fine tuned after that to get to optimum effectively. Just be careful thats all i am saying.

Old 06-14-2006, 07:03 PM
Moderator Alumni

IF the mods are the same then the same tune will work.

What do you mean by pretty much the same mods.
Old 06-14-2006, 07:06 PM

He had an Injen and i have a K&N air intake. that may be enough to make a change but it was just a warning i dont wanna see anyone apply tune to their car and and see a post like "car died" or messed up or something like that. and he is just asking for a file from anyone so all i am doing is just looking out for fellow cobalts owners
Old 06-14-2006, 07:37 PM
Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by NightriderCobaltSS
He had an Injen and i have a K&N air intake. that may be enough to make a change but it was just a warning i dont wanna see anyone apply tune to their car and and see a post like "car died" or messed up or something like that. and he is just asking for a file from anyone so all i am doing is just looking out for fellow cobalts owners

Well if you take a flash for a 2005 SS/SC and put it on a 2006 SS/SC with a different VIN number then yes your gonna have some issues, like the VATS system. But if you transfer the settings in the correct manor you will be fine.

K&N and Injen probably affect the MAF signal differently and the Intense tunes are stock airbox only.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:17 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
I don't really think a supporting vendor " Intense" is going to be to happy seeing that their work is going to be given away for free and even condoned on a site they support. Of course that's IMO.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:22 PM

You’re absolutely right on that one. They will just drop the site and no longer support it.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:25 PM
Moderator Alumni

Originally Posted by victory_red_SS
I don't really think a supporting vendor " Intense" is going to be to happy seeing that their work is going to be given away for free and even condoned on a site they support. Of course that's IMO.
I don't think anyone said that. However I have shared my tunes with others to review and compare to there own.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:38 PM
LSX RWD S/C conversion

Received 265 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by zinner
I don't think anyone said that. However I have shared my tunes with others to review and compare to there own.
It sounded like someone wanted the tune from an Intense sent to them so they didn't have to pay for the actual setup. I have also read other posts where someone wanted a copy of software(photoshop I believe) and it was shot down really quick by a mod saying that would not be allowed. The Intense tunes are done for profit and to share them for free will likely also get them to lock there tunes so that no one could use them. I believe that is a option in HPTuners but I could be wrong.
Having said all of the above I too want a head start with my HPTuners so I contacted someone who does it for a living and paid for the very files asked for in this thread. It seemed reasonable to me to pay for something that someone else does to support their family.
Again these are just my opinions. I am sure someone could just ask Intense their opinion on the matter.

Last edited by victory_red_SS; 06-15-2006 at 10:47 AM.
Old 06-14-2006, 08:55 PM

ok. i understand what your saying. i would pay $99 just to keep the support of Intense. i guess Lock this thread up
Old 06-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Moderator Alumni

Ok well it does look like someone said that a few posts down from the top.

Considering it costs more for HPtuners than it does for the flash from Intense, I don't think it's gonna be a big issue.
Old 06-14-2006, 10:31 PM

We did that with my car. a guy that had the pretty much the same mods as me gave me his tune and while it worked my car reacted differently to the tune then his did and needed to be fine tuned after that to get to optimum effectively. Just be careful thats all i am saying.

A warning is a complete and total understatement. Don't do what others have done, including myself. I'm not waiting for new parts for my car, and have been for almost 10 days.
Old 06-15-2006, 07:25 AM
Former Vendor

We do not lock ouir binary files, so that you the consumers can modify them if you purchase the correct software from HP Tuners. That being said, we are not happy at all that some of you may consider taking (or getting) the binary from others to install in your own car without paying for it.

1) It is morally wrong

2) It hurts us financially which in turn hurts the LSJ communities as it makes it harder for us to develop product

3) If you didn't purchase the binary from us but are using it, then getting support from us if/when something happens will be hard.

4) It is potential dangerous to the motor and can end up costing a lot more than the 100 dollars it would cost to get it set for your car.

5) Your VIN will be wrong in the PCM making support from dealers difficult.

6) We start with the latest GM code for the VIN's provided in our binaries. This means that we use the VIN from the customer to get the latest PCM OS directly from GM to install in their PCM. If your VIN requires a different OS for patches or whatever you may overwrite that code with a pirated version unknowingly.

Hope thats a strong enough case to not steal our work.
Old 06-15-2006, 10:09 AM
Doc

You are right i am wrong.
he was agreeing with you
Old 06-15-2006, 10:27 AM

woops
Old 06-15-2006, 06:34 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rogue
We do not lock ouir binary files, so that you the consumers can modify them if you purchase the correct software from HP Tuners. That being said, we are not happy at all that some of you may consider taking (or getting) the binary from others to install in your own car without paying for it.

1) It is morally wrong

2) It hurts us financially which in turn hurts the LSJ communities as it makes it harder for us to develop product

3) If you didn't purchase the binary from us but are using it, then getting support from us if/when something happens will be hard.

4) It is potential dangerous to the motor and can end up costing a lot more than the 100 dollars it would cost to get it set for your car.

5) Your VIN will be wrong in the PCM making support from dealers difficult.

6) We start with the latest GM code for the VIN's provided in our binaries. This means that we use the VIN from the customer to get the latest PCM OS directly from GM to install in their PCM. If your VIN requires a different OS for patches or whatever you may overwrite that code with a pirated version unknowingly.

Hope thats a strong enough case to not steal our work.
Totaly agree with you. This thread is now Locked.