2.0L LSJ Performance Tech 205hp Supercharged SS tuner version. 200 lb-ft of torque.

Tuned with HPtuners.

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 05:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MacG321
sorry if this was already brought up but i didnt feel like reading 5 pages of posts. Any bets on who gonna destroy either their blower or put a piston through the hood first. Those redlines are pretty damn high for stock internals...?
Oh yeah, piston through the hood. Lord knows that's a result of high rev limiter and not running lean

Take the time, read the thread. You can do it if you know what you are doing.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:48 PM

For me I just want to be able to shift at over 7000 K. Right now it seems random and sometimes its 6800, other times its 7000 and even others 6900. I just want to set it high enough where if I shift at 7000 I dont have to worry about it kicking in early.

I mean increasing timing isnt going to cause you to blow a rod or piston?

Julex what exactly did you do to tune? Like I dont have the software yet, so I dont know what I will be changing, of course I will be doing much forum reading and such when I get it, but can you give me a quick run down of what you did to tune your car and gain the extra HP?
Old 09-11-2006, 05:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yea I'm at 7250, but at that point it's time to shift no more power left.

Also blown engine due to cat problems. If your cat is gone, and you start the car, there is a chance that the particles in the cat will suck backwards into the engine. He has all 4 piston with holes, rings totally disintegrated and missing, and a ton of the valves gone... and it all happened all at once. I have cat problems since 500 miles now at 7.5k I told dealer to replace it several times and they kept telling me it's normal to see large black clouds, and smell eggs... and refused to replace under warranty, and that was all stock, but now I have no more problems it's all blown out, no smoke, sometimes smell eggs, but I'm pretty sure cat is clear, but once I find a welder I'm finishing the job. Btw the exhaust sounds pretty good now haha. Sounds like aftermarket ones, and I'm doing fine on runs cause I hit 13.8 with major tire spin, and with no tune no intake no exhaust, just pulley and injectors lol.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Xenozx
For me I just want to be able to shift at over 7000 K. Right now it seems random and sometimes its 6800, other times its 7000 and even others 6900. I just want to set it high enough where if I shift at 7000 I dont have to worry about it kicking in early.

I mean increasing timing isnt going to cause you to blow a rod or piston?

Julex what exactly did you do to tune? Like I dont have the software yet, so I dont know what I will be changing, of course I will be doing much forum reading and such when I get it, but can you give me a quick run down of what you did to tune your car and gain the extra HP?
The help files within HPTuners are really helpful and descriptive.
Old 09-11-2006, 05:58 PM

Originally Posted by Julex
Yea I'm at 7250, but at that point it's time to shift no more power left.

Also blown engine due to cat problems. If your cat is gone, and you start the car, there is a chance that the particles in the cat will suck backwards into the engine. He has all 4 piston with holes, rings totally disintegrated and missing, and a ton of the valves gone... and it all happened all at once. I have cat problems since 500 miles now at 7.5k I told dealer to replace it several times and they kept telling me it's normal to see large black clouds, and smell eggs... and refused to replace under warranty, and that was all stock, but now I have no more problems it's all blown out, no smoke, sometimes smell eggs, but I'm pretty sure cat is clear, but once I find a welder I'm finishing the job. Btw the exhaust sounds pretty good now haha. Sounds like aftermarket ones, and I'm doing fine on runs cause I hit 13.8 with major tire spin, and with no tune no intake no exhaust, just pulley and injectors lol.
::see my question above about how you tuned ::

Yea, I have a brand new high flow cat, so i doubt i have any cat issues right now. I also have Intake and exaust and am looking at that Pace setter header? What do you guys think about htat header for under 200 bucks?
Old 09-11-2006, 06:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm betting our header and intake manifold can handle well over 300 horses, Their 2.2 used stock intake and exhaust manifolds to 400 till they needed bigger intake manifold... So I think headers are overrated maybe, but I'm sure you'll gain the expeected 5-10 horses like exhaust and intake say *shrug*.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by Julex
I'm betting our header and intake manifold can handle well over 300 horses, Their 2.2 used stock intake and exhaust manifolds to 400 till they needed bigger intake manifold... So I think headers are overrated maybe, but I'm sure you'll gain the expeected 5-10 horses like exhaust and intake say *shrug*.
My only thing right now is me and my bro (Cvenom2122) kinda compete and have to out do eachother. hes got an 04 redline w/ pretty much all the same mods as me, except he has a Header over me performance wise. IM sure he will eventually out do me as I dont want to lose my warranty, where as saturn gets stuck w/ a crappy 3 year/ 36000 mile one where I think ours just got upped to 100,000 miles????!!!! so when his is gone he will probably make it a track car. But right now we are pretty much equal as far as performance, me being a little faster high up in the RPM band and him having low end power like 2000 RPMs from a 40 in 3rd gear or what ever. Strait race, I am just a tad faster, and I wonder if a header would even give me more top end and let me pull even harder. I know its not like light and day, but an extra 1/4 -1/2 a car would be nice and that with HP tuners and I think IM done modding my car.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:35 PM

Only 07s got the powertrain warranty bump. And that does apply to 07 Saturn's as well.