2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

07 Tuners..... :)

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2008, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PsychoCam
Ya I talked to vince about an hour and a half ago and the stock injectors will be perfectly fine, I am able to run any type of grade gasoline...I am going to bump up to 91, the tune will not hurt with running 87, just the tune will allow you to run higher octane levels. I have full bolt ons and the 2.4L intake kit will be coming over winter. There is really no need for the 2.4L throttle body he said just if you want smooth out the 2.2L throttle body for better flow. hahaha headers, downpipe, cai, exhaust etc like that will not effect the outcome of the tune. if you have a highflow cat or will be geting one make sure vince knows. that is pretty much everything he told me. FacelessKhaos pretty much i mean exactly summed everything up : ) I am pumped he said should be here saturday !!!!
Well man, i kinda gotta know this stuff. After all, i am an authorized dealer on the east coast when everything comes in.

Originally Posted by baggelis
i have a question you might think its dumb but anyways i understand that you order the tune and they send it to you but do you have to go somewhere to get the tune?
well....you can order from Vince and get the GT Tuner or goto him personally, or if you are close enough to me come about a month from now, then you can order through me and i'll tune it in person...

Last edited by FacelessKhaos; 06-25-2008 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 06-25-2008, 08:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
we need a midwest based tuner. that would be sweet.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:22 PM

Originally Posted by Spanky's Monkey
we need a midwest based tuner. that would be sweet.
^^^agreed ^^^
Old 06-25-2008, 09:34 PM

I have to admit...having vince so close is amazing!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 09:41 PM

get bent.........................j/k.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:42 PM

Originally Posted by Spanky's Monkey
get bent.........................j/k.
Old 06-26-2008, 05:39 AM

hey....if you know people...make it happen lol....
Old 06-26-2008, 06:36 PM

Originally Posted by FacelessKhaos
hey....if you know people...make it happen lol....
exactly...in fact...if it werent for me...this wouldnt have happened at all lol...i pitched the idea of working on the balt to vince at the clear image open house way back in like december lol...then he got back to me about actually working on it...so no hating on this cobalt
Old 06-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Banned

Ur the man.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:00 PM

got a call from vince tonight...he was in the process of finishing my tune and it is going in the mail tmrw morning!!!

I AM EXCITED
Old 06-26-2008, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by PsychoCam
got a call from vince tonight...he was in the process of finishing my tune and it is going in the mail tmrw morning!!!

I AM EXCITED
congrats!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 05:01 PM

still got a couple of questions:

1. When we tell you what we have and what we are planning on getting in the future, you send the tune programmed for what we are planning to get correct?

2. Will this effect performance of my car now since I don't have those mods yet? If so, is there a way to tune for what I have now and then get reprogrammed once I get additional mods..?

3. Will a dyno shop be able to adjust the tune once installed?

4. Is there even a point going to a dyno shop since it can be done by yourself?

If anyone can answer that would help. Thanks.
Old 06-27-2008, 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by springerdesigner
still got a couple of questions:

1. When we tell you what we have and what we are planning on getting in the future, you send the tune programmed for what we are planning to get correct?

2. Will this effect performance of my car now since I don't have those mods yet? If so, is there a way to tune for what I have now and then get reprogrammed once I get additional mods..?

3. Will a dyno shop be able to adjust the tune once installed?

4. Is there even a point going to a dyno shop since it can be done by yourself?

If anyone can answer that would help. Thanks.
Well, if you tell us what to tune for...that is what the tune is for. However...if you tell us that it's for possible/future mods...beware that this could hurt the performance or components or your car.

Well, You can tune for what you have right now, or you can wait until you have the mods to tune. If you tune now then you still have to pay to tune later. That's how it works. NO....it's not a rip off...you get what you pay for.

Yes. If you tune for mods you don't have...it will adversely affect the performance and economy of your car. Yes again. But it comes in two tunes. Each you have to pay for. Best advice...wait until you have the mods to do a tune.

If you are close to me on the east coast then yes...i have dyno capabilities for you to see your performance gain.

Yes. If you are going for custom tuning. Then if you are getting the tune from me on the EC...then it will be scheduled that Vince will be on live support to adjust the tuning and email until it's right. But the longer that takes, the more it costs. Keep that in mind. Time isn't free and if we run over on the dyno...then that cost more money and causes problems with other people that have dyno appointments.
Old 06-27-2008, 07:40 PM

Sweet! vince called me today and said that my tune should be getting to me on monday. ill be the first 07 fully bolted cobalt!(i think haha) and then i should be running my 75 shot in the upcoming weekends at the track and sometime between all that i have to go to my old job do my ex- boss can hook me up with some time on the dyno. what do you guys think i will put down to the wheels before and after spray? im hoping for 170ish before and maybe somewhere around 220-230 after idk. i could just be hoping for way more than what is acctually possible but ill have to see what it acctually does when i get it all installed in the next couple of weeks!

Last edited by 409Cobalt07; 06-28-2008 at 08:27 AM.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:05 PM

depends on what all you have bolted on....you say fully bolted on....but then again there are always things to bolt on lol.....
Old 06-28-2008, 08:26 AM

this is true haha. well my mods are: K&N SRI, 2.4L manifold, CA shorty header, ZZPerformance dp with high flow cat. Magnaflow cat back, and soon to be Dynotune 75 wet shot. and a bunch of other crap that has nothing to do with performance so... what do you guys think the numbers will be..? i should start a poll on this i think....
Old 06-28-2008, 12:38 PM

i know i'm not an 07 but anyway i just ordered my tune. kind of excited if you know what i mean.
Old 06-28-2008, 02:07 PM
Slobodan Milošević

Received 215 Likes on 175 Posts
i asked if you could get the rear 02 canceled out and you can, yes
Old 06-28-2008, 02:34 PM

cool, thanks for the heads up.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:43 PM

you should be pushing around 170 at the wheels. plus or minus 5 or so...without the shot...so add the shot in and you should see something like 230/235 or so....but then again...when you get the tune...put it on the dyno and see what you really got...
Old 06-28-2008, 10:46 PM

Got my tune thursday. super quick in the mail.
Some good things, and some bad things.
It works like the BM shiftPlus. Actually the tranny shifts faster than the bm shiftplus did and it doesnt give you that kick when you shift. this is real good cause the wife hates the bm shiftplus but now i can drive with it shifting good cause the tune.
it overrides the bm shift plus. or i didnt notice anything when i had that on.

big question is, do you feel the gain. i can kinda answer that now, but more on monday. i went on a 900 mile trip, forward and back total, so alot of weight in the car, i DID NOT feel a gain but in shifting cause it was a lil bit faster.
Now with weight off, i'll try on my way to work playing more.
with the 2.4 intake mani,that is probably where the power comes in. ppl notice a gain off from just that. with more air coming in, the tune will be able to work its best. believe bring in more hp low end to replace what the 2.4 takes out low end wise.

i only have CAI and cat back so i was only looking for 5-7 hp gain. stock got 4 hp, with a few mods, should be up around there.
dont know if a leak in my catback cuts down power too. where the catback and downpipe meet, the gasket there rotted away but i dont want to get it welded til i get a bigger dp. dont know when that is.

so bad news is with few mods, its hard to feel the gain. MPG were about the same, but thats with luggage and full seats. was about 32. test will be monday cause it will be just me.

Vince sends a durable box and prepaid shipping lable to send it back. the pda is packed well. comes with directions step by step the whole way and how to send it back.

I believe i uploaded the tune right. when it was complete, the car shut off its power then came back on. im going to email or call vince tomorrow just to make sure. dont want to send the tune back if it didnt upload right.

Last edited by dragonkingg5; 06-29-2008 at 07:02 PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:58 AM

I'm seriously looking into this instead of my FIC at this point.

I'm fed up with messing with the FIC. I want a reliable tune.

I PM's Dan with some Auto S/C questions
Old 07-03-2008, 11:18 AM

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts
dragonkingg5 - if you want to test to see if the tune worked try going over 105 on a "closed" course or something.

The car does shut off then back on when the tune gets updated.

I'm sure it worked if the PDA said it did.

IT's pretty quick and painless unless the PDA locks up like mine did. Still didn't hurt the car. The 7k RPM redline with the 2.4 Mani is awesome.

Hell i've hit 8k RPMs when the car was stock. Boy that was noisy
Old 07-03-2008, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by umrdyldo
dragonkingg5 - if you want to test to see if the tune worked try going over 105 on a "closed" course or something.

The car does shut off then back on when the tune gets updated.

I'm sure it worked if the PDA said it did.

IT's pretty quick and painless unless the PDA locks up like mine did. Still didn't hurt the car. The 7k RPM redline with the 2.4 Mani is awesome.

Hell i've hit 8k RPMs when the car was stock. Boy that was noisy
correct...that will tell you. you can also test the rev limiter
Old 07-04-2008, 02:29 PM

yeah the car shot off and came back on and the rev limiter is gone. i can also feel the tranny shift faster than what the bm shift did and doesnt give you that hard kick when shifting. i just didnt feel any strong hp gain. im assuming the 2.4 intake mani will bring out the tunes full power as far as bolt ons.
Im trying to get with FaceLessKhaos in getting the 2.4 intake mani and some parts from local stores so we dont have to pay the full 250 or w/e.
He also has a dyno that i will be able to use if i go down to NC.

so im looking around late september sometime october for the dyno and 2.4 intake mani.

oh, i dont want to go over 105 mph cause i have stock tires right now. not trying to blow them up atm