Aftermarket L61 Cobalt parts - Page 6 - Cobalt SS Network

2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

Aftermarket L61 Cobalt parts

Old 09-16-2008, 11:13 AM
  #126  
Member
 
Join Date: 09-26-07
Location: Talbot Co. Maryland
Posts: 354
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ryanstammler View Post
do you know of megan racing makes an cat back exhaust for a 2.2L ?
yes, they do and as for everyone else i agree the cobalt exhausts are all interchangable, but the megan drift spec and n1 sounds great
SpeedJunkies07LS is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 05:08 AM
  #127  
Member
 
Join Date: 07-06-08
Location: Kelowna, Canada
Posts: 235
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
subscribed for later use...
rrauter is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 05:27 PM
  #128  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 02-08-08
Location: Fayetteville/Linden, NC/Myrtle Beach, SC
Posts: 3,728
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VictoryRedLT View Post
Then i want to throw on a Carbon fiber hood and trunk, maybe some front and rear fenders if there's any for the cobalt at the moment and paint.
You were asking for carbon?
http://alliedcomposites.com/george/website/main.html
tru2nrtt777 is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 07:52 PM
  #129  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Maven's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-25-05
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 7,687
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by tru2nrtt777 View Post
Their prices are nice and cheap, but they dont currently list any thing for the Cobalt/G5



If you want good carbon parts, you go HERE. /discussion
Maven is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 08:28 PM
  #130  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 02-08-08
Location: Fayetteville/Linden, NC/Myrtle Beach, SC
Posts: 3,728
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Maven View Post
Their prices are nice and cheap, but they dont currently list any thing for the Cobalt/G5



If you want good carbon parts, you go HERE. /discussion
Just because it isnt listed doesnt mean they dont have it, they also dont have the SRT4 listed but the guy I found this website through got his whole interior done in CF there for $1100.
tru2nrtt777 is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 09:14 PM
  #131  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Maven's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-25-05
Location: Southern New Jersey
Posts: 7,687
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by tru2nrtt777 View Post
Just because it isnt listed doesnt mean they dont have it, they also dont have the SRT4 listed but the guy I found this website through got his whole interior done in CF there for $1100.
Theyve got the SRT4 listed..... And I never said they didnt offer anything(I dont know that), only that it isnt listed.
Maven is offline  
Old 10-22-2008, 10:40 PM
  #132  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 02-08-08
Location: Fayetteville/Linden, NC/Myrtle Beach, SC
Posts: 3,728
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yeah I realized the SRT4 was on there when I posted. Lol. My B.
tru2nrtt777 is offline  
Old 11-24-2008, 08:15 AM
  #133  
Jn2
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Jn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-04-07
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,791
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Intakes
Currently, the K&N system is the only one known to accomdate 2006 cars equipped with air injection.
1. GMPP
2. Injen
3. AEM
4. K&N(both 2.2/2.4 work, but only the silver one is made to support SAI)
5. Fujita
6. Weapon R
7. Advancedjdmparts
8. Rebelautworx(marked as 2.4 intake)

Intake manifold
1. 2.4 Le5 manifold(<08 models)

Internals
1. GMPP - Get the new PDF catalog HERE
2. Ferrea Valve train parts. Download their catalog for Ecotec part numbers
3. Eagle Rotating assemblies (cranks and rods)
4. Wiseco Pistons
5. Patriot Heads Cylinder heads
6. Bates engineering. They make all kinds of Ecotec parts.
7. Diamond Racing. They make a unique pistons that keeps the 10:1 compression ratio but dishes the top for forced induction.

Cam Shafts

L61, LSJ, and LE5 cams are not interchangable. L61 and LSJ cams can be used in an LSJ head on an L61 block, but that's a pretty advanced modification.

2007 L61's now use a cam position sensor. These cams will not work on that engine.

LSJ cams have a position sensor as well. I don't know if they may now work in a 2007 L61 head.

1. GMPP - Part #88958648 from the new 2006 Catalog
2. Comp Cams
3. Level Zero

Head Gaskets
There are two different types of head gaskets for the L61. One is the stock design. The other uses O-rings that must have recieving grooves machined into the block and head. The stock configuration should be good for applications under 500HP when used with head studs. I'm looking for sources, so please post your links.
1. Cometic

Headers
In late production 2006, secondary air injection was added to the design of the car. This is an emission control system that routes fresh air into the exhaust manifold via a mounting provision on the manifold itself. Aftermarket manifolds for this car DO NOT have this mounting provision. 2005 model cars should have no problems.
1. GMPP
2. Vibrant performance(combo'd with #6dp)
3. ZZP
4. Pacesetter
5. GM LSJ
6. Hahn Race Craft
7. Cobalt Addiction v1, and v2
8. Clear Image
9. Intense
10.Shiney-Hiney
11.OBX 4-1 header, and shorty header(combo's with #7dp)

Turbo manifolds
1. Vulcan turbo(both log and tubular, 100% stainless steel)
2. Ebay vendor(<- makes them at random, they are log style, mild steel)
3. GM LNF(cast iron)
4. ZZP(stainless steel)

Downpipes
1. XTC by Cobalt Addiction
2. Hahn Racecraft
3. Intense
4. ZZP
5. Clear Image
6. Vibrant performance
7. OBX dp
8. exhaust depotmade for obx 4-1 or pacesetter)
9. GM LSJ

Exhausts
1. GMPP
2. Corsa
3. Borla
4. Hahn Race Craft
5. Magnaflow
6. DC Sports
7. Vibrant Performance
8. Clear image
9. Pacesetter Monza Cobalt application not listed, but they do make one.
10.Random Technology Cobalt application not listed, but they do make one.
11.Street Power. Couldn't find a web site, but they make one.
12.Stainless Works. Cobalt is listed but no product yet. They do make one.
13.ARK Performance
14.Megan racing
15.GM LSJ

Turbo kit(s)
1. Hahn racecraft
2. ZZP(currently working on their 2.4 kit which will physically bolt onto a 2.2)
3. Vulcan turbo

Sway Bars
1. TTR rear sway bar
2. Suspension techniques
3. Eibach(zerp have ever been made)
4. Progress

Lowering springs
1. TenzoR
2. Eibach
3. Progress
4. Cobalt-Addiction

Coil Over kit
1. KW suspension(v1, v2)
2. RKsport
3. Megan Racing<<<going off memory there, dont remember if it was really megan

Strut tower bar
1. DC sports
2. ARC
3. Clear image
4. Cobalt addiction(listed on their site, hasnt been updated in years)



Took original list and added a few things, thought it should be updated, i mean we have a slightly bigger aftermarket now, forgot to add the tranny mounts, motor mounts, and a bit of other things, but its 6:30 i need some rest...need to go do a damn tune up on the balt

Last edited by Jn2; 11-24-2008 at 08:23 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Jn2 is offline  
Old 11-24-2008, 11:09 AM
  #134  
Senior Member
 
pacific cobalt's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-05-08
Location: Vancouver, B.C.
Posts: 841
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
Intakes
Currently, the K&N system is the only one known to accomdate 2006 cars equipped with air injection.
1. GMPP
2. Injen
3. AEM
4. K&N(both 2.2/2.4 work, but only the silver one is made to support SAI)
5. Fujita
6. Weapon R
7. Advancedjdmparts
8. Rebelautworx(marked as 2.4 intake)

Intake manifold
1. 2.4 Le5 manifold(<08 models)

Internals
1. GMPP - Get the new PDF catalog HERE
2. Ferrea Valve train parts. Download their catalog for Ecotec part numbers
3. Eagle Rotating assemblies (cranks and rods)
4. Wiseco Pistons
5. Patriot Heads Cylinder heads
6. Bates engineering. They make all kinds of Ecotec parts.
7. Diamond Racing. They make a unique pistons that keeps the 10:1 compression ratio but dishes the top for forced induction.

Cam Shafts

L61, LSJ, and LE5 cams are not interchangable. L61 and LSJ cams can be used in an LSJ head on an L61 block, but that's a pretty advanced modification.

2007 L61's now use a cam position sensor. These cams will not work on that engine.

LSJ cams have a position sensor as well. I don't know if they may now work in a 2007 L61 head.

1. GMPP - Part #88958648 from the new 2006 Catalog
2. Comp Cams
3. Level Zero

Head Gaskets
There are two different types of head gaskets for the L61. One is the stock design. The other uses O-rings that must have recieving grooves machined into the block and head. The stock configuration should be good for applications under 500HP when used with head studs. I'm looking for sources, so please post your links.
1. Cometic

Headers
In late production 2006, secondary air injection was added to the design of the car. This is an emission control system that routes fresh air into the exhaust manifold via a mounting provision on the manifold itself. Aftermarket manifolds for this car DO NOT have this mounting provision. 2005 model cars should have no problems.
1. GMPP
2. Vibrant performance(combo'd with #6dp)
3. ZZP
4. Pacesetter
5. GM LSJ
6. Hahn Race Craft
7. Cobalt Addiction v1, and v2
8. Clear Image
9. Intense
10.Shiney-Hiney
11.OBX 4-1 header, and shorty header(combo's with #7dp)

Turbo manifolds
1. Vulcan turbo(both log and tubular, 100% stainless steel)
2. Ebay vendor(<- makes them at random, they are log style, mild steel)
3. GM LNF(cast iron)
4. ZZP(stainless steel)

Downpipes
1. XTC by Cobalt Addiction
2. Hahn Racecraft
3. Intense
4. ZZP
5. Clear Image
6. Vibrant performance
7. OBX dp
8. exhaust depotmade for obx 4-1 or pacesetter)
9. GM LSJ

Exhausts
1. GMPP
2. Corsa
3. Borla
4. Hahn Race Craft
5. Magnaflow
6. DC Sports
7. Vibrant Performance
8. Clear image
9. Pacesetter Monza Cobalt application not listed, but they do make one.
10.Random Technology Cobalt application not listed, but they do make one.
11.Street Power. Couldn't find a web site, but they make one.
12.Stainless Works. Cobalt is listed but no product yet. They do make one.
13.ARK Performance
14.Megan racing
15.GM LSJ

Turbo kit(s)
1. Hahn racecraft
2. ZZP(currently working on their 2.4 kit which will physically bolt onto a 2.2)
3. Vulcan turbo

Sway Bars
1. TTR rear sway bar
2. Suspension techniques
3. Eibach(zerp have ever been made)
4. Progress

Lowering springs
1. TenzoR
2. Eibach
3. Progress
4. Cobalt-Addiction

Coil Over kit
1. KW suspension(v1, v2)
2. RKsport
3. Megan Racing<<<going off memory there, dont remember if it was really megan

Strut tower bar
1. DC sports
2. ARC
3. Clear image
4. Cobalt addiction(listed on their site, hasnt been updated in years)



Took original list and added a few things, thought it should be updated, i mean we have a slightly bigger aftermarket now, forgot to add the tranny mounts, motor mounts, and a bit of other things, but its 6:30 i need some rest...need to go do a damn tune up on the balt
Wow
Good Job
You might as well add the pulleys to your list too in that case

1. MRZ Performance (Lightweight, Underdrive)
2. Cobalt Addiction (Lightweight, Underdrive)
pacific cobalt is offline  
Old 11-24-2008, 03:26 PM
  #135  
New Member
 
Join Date: 05-26-08
Location: Campbellsport,WI
Posts: 121
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by tru2nrtt777 View Post
Thanks, I can't wait till I start buying and collecting my parts over the winter and installing in march.
VictoryRedLT is offline  
Old 12-08-2008, 03:14 AM
  #136  
New Member
 
Join Date: 08-25-08
Location: ohio
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
does anyone know if there are any worth while performance chips i can put on my car?
- driving an 06 cobalt ls
duress is offline  
Old 12-08-2008, 03:20 AM
  #137  
Jn2
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Jn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-04-07
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,791
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by duress View Post
does anyone know if there are any worth while performance chips i can put on my car?
- driving an 06 cobalt ls
its 1:18am here and i see THiS!!! ok ima be nice about this, as i knpw no one else will be, this has been discussed countless times up and down the forums, CHIPS DONT WORK, so one chips our cars, if yu have a 05-06 2.2 than trifecta is yoru only frorm of tuning, if your a 07+u can use trifecta or LS2edit
Jn2 is offline  
Old 12-08-2008, 03:28 AM
  #138  
New Member
 
Join Date: 08-25-08
Location: ohio
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Jn2 View Post
its 1:18am here and i see THiS!!! ok ima be nice about this, as i knpw no one else will be, this has been discussed countless times up and down the forums, CHIPS DONT WORK, so one chips our cars, if yu have a 05-06 2.2 than trifecta is yoru only frorm of tuning, if your a 07+u can use trifecta or LS2edit

thankyou i havent ever known anyone to of actually benefited off of a "performance chip" at least for a car im not going to waste my time now so thankyou

Last edited by duress; 12-08-2008 at 04:01 AM. Reason: uneeded txt
duress is offline  
Old 12-16-2008, 04:02 AM
  #139  
New Member
 
Join Date: 08-25-08
Location: ohio
Posts: 21
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
how about i put a stand-alone on my car??
duress is offline  
Old 12-16-2008, 12:56 PM
  #140  
I'm old school
Thread Starter
 
Halfcent's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-16-05
Location: Nashville
Posts: 6,901
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That will only operate your engine. GM ECM's also operate the transmission, power steering, instrument cluster, the electric throttle, and a number of other smaller things. Stand alones are really only for race cars in the instance of a Cobalt.
Halfcent is offline  
Old 01-12-2009, 05:49 AM
  #141  
Senior Member
iTrader: (3)
 
YelloEye's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-12-07
Location: Renton, WA
Posts: 4,188
Thanked 36 Times in 32 Posts
Marked for later.
YelloEye is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 10:55 PM
  #142  
New Member
 
Join Date: 09-28-08
Location: PA
Posts: 19
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
what do you mean they dont work? they wouldnt make them if they didnt, ive read countless reviews that they can add 20+ hp
atb5079 is offline  
Old 02-10-2009, 10:59 PM
  #143  
Senior Member
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: 06-08-08
Location: Hanover, Maryland
Posts: 6,665
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
coli over kit
1. B&G
2. K-sport
3. Kw variant (1+2)
4. Rk Sport
5. Megan
6. BC (modern preformance)
7. Tien(coming soon.ish)
8. ARK
ilovecars is offline  
Old 03-22-2009, 02:12 PM
  #144  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-14-08
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,379
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I didnt see the tsudo n1 cat-back from speed-element on the list. I feel thats worthy to be added
2007victoryred is offline  
Old 04-09-2009, 09:31 PM
  #145  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 02-08-08
Location: Fayetteville/Linden, NC/Myrtle Beach, SC
Posts: 3,728
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The tsudo catback isnt specifically from a place called speed element, Tsudo is thier own company and they have two different catbacks for the slobalt. I have the good one... aka not the N1
tru2nrtt777 is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 09:02 AM
  #146  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 03-19-09
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 848
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm wanting to get some cams. What are some that people used and what else did you have to change?
weiss27md is offline  
Old 07-14-2009, 01:55 PM
  #147  
Member
 
Join Date: 06-11-09
Location: sherwood park
Posts: 206
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
jet performance makes a ugraded maff and a stage 2 chip.


heres a link

http://www.jetchip.com/Shop/shopdisp...ppp=10&catID=1
flyg5 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 01:59 AM
  #148  
New Member
 
Join Date: 07-26-09
Location: Orland Hills, IL
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
How do you know if you have a L61 or LAP?
kyle122390 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 02:04 AM
  #149  
Jn2
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Jn2's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-04-07
Location: Texas
Posts: 7,791
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by kyle122390 View Post
How do you know if you have a L61 or LAP?
what year is your car...that'll tell you...
Jn2 is offline  
Old 07-27-2009, 02:08 AM
  #150  
New Member
 
Join Date: 07-26-09
Location: Orland Hills, IL
Posts: 12
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Its a 2006 LT
kyle122390 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aftermarket L61 Cobalt parts


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.