IonNinja Build - Page 3 - Cobalt SS Network

2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

IonNinja Build

Old 05-11-2012, 01:29 AM
  #51  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 07-29-05
Location: AZ
Posts: 7,923
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
updated first post
IonNinja is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 12:44 AM
  #52  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 07-29-05
Location: AZ
Posts: 7,923
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Picked up some goodies


Wiseco Forged Piston Kit by jerryneutron, on Flickr


Wiseco Forged Pistons by jerryneutron, on Flickr


Eagle Forged Rods and ARP Rod Bolts by jerryneutron, on Flickr


Eagle Forged Rods by jerryneutron, on Flickr


2.7" Supercharger Pulley by jerryneutron, on Flickr


2.7" Smoothflow Pulley by jerryneutron, on Flickr


OEM Rod Bearings by jerryneutron, on Flickr


Viton Valve Seals by jerryneutron, on Flickr

Still trying to gather some funds to pick up some Comp blower cams or stage 1's as well
IonNinja is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 12:58 AM
  #53  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 02-16-10
Location: Queen Creek,AZ
Posts: 8,399
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey those pistons and rods look familiar! 10:1 cr? Can't wait till it's install time.You and I are going to be the only forged SC 2.2's.Currently I am the only
1LowLS is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 01:03 AM
  #54  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 02-16-10
Location: Queen Creek,AZ
Posts: 8,399
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Don't forget a headgasket
1LowLS is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 01:20 AM
  #55  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 07-29-05
Location: AZ
Posts: 7,923
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1LowLS View Post
Hey those pistons and rods look familiar! 10:1 cr? Can't wait till it's install time.You and I are going to be the only forged SC 2.2's.Currently I am the only
yes they are 10:1 compression

Haha yeah...hoping to add forged and cammed to that list

Thats true I think you are the only forged m62...stenguyen1 is forged but hes on TVS

Originally Posted by 1LowLS View Post
Don't forget a headgasket
I already have a Cometic head gasket on the car. Do you think I should replace it?

:edit: nvm I'll just buy an OEM headgasket this time

Last edited by IonNinja; 07-11-2012 at 01:27 AM.
IonNinja is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 02:19 AM
  #56  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 02-16-10
Location: Queen Creek,AZ
Posts: 8,399
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IonNinja View Post
yes they are 10:1 compression

Haha yeah...hoping to add forged and cammed to that list

Thats true I think you are the only forged m62...stenguyen1 is forged but hes on TVS

Not any more.He's parting out.Im going to a 2.7 as well after break in and the tune.

I already have a Cometic head gasket on the car. Do you think I should replace it?

:edit: nvm I'll just buy an OEM headgasket this time
Yes replace it.OEM and Fel-Pro are the same.Both MLS.I have Fel-Pro on mine..Looks like we are going to have a 2.2 blower/forged/2.7 wars .I'm on ethonal though...well a blend.And I also am looking to go cammed.I'm talking to Comp about some stuff right meow.
1LowLS is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 10:11 AM
  #57  
Senior Member
iTrader: (15)
 
Join Date: 09-25-08
Location: Albany NY
Posts: 4,635
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nice stuff in here! my car is being dropped off in 3 weeks to be boosted!!!!! i got the stage 2 zzp kit. im excited!
Cobalt08LS is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 11:40 AM
  #58  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 03-19-07
Location: newburgh,ny
Posts: 14,911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
cant wait for your car to be done jer.. you've had so much crap with it .. hopefully now you can start big manning it .. nitrous and blower power on small pully 350 whp or bust lol
elecblue06 is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 02:06 PM
  #59  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 02-16-10
Location: Queen Creek,AZ
Posts: 8,399
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
nitrous killed one motor,id say lets stay away from nitrous lol.
1LowLS is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 03:49 PM
  #60  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 07-29-05
Location: AZ
Posts: 7,923
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by elecblue06 View Post
cant wait for your car to be done jer.. you've had so much crap with it .. hopefully now you can start big manning it .. nitrous and blower power on small pully 350 whp or bust lol
Yeah I know, still won't be anywhere near the big boys with the m62 though but hopefully it'll be good enough for me lol.

I'm actually getting rid of my nitrous kit and hopefully using that money for a set of cams. I just need to get off my ass and uninstall it

2.7 and pump gas is the setup I'll be running
IonNinja is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 09:18 PM
  #61  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 04-29-08
Location: quebec city
Posts: 1,405
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
a customer to me that got forged and cammed....


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGGm...e_gdata_player
huckernage is offline  
Old 07-11-2012, 10:23 PM
  #62  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 07-29-05
Location: AZ
Posts: 7,923
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1LowLS View Post
Yes replace it.OEM and Fel-Pro are the same.Both MLS.I have Fel-Pro on mine..Looks like we are going to have a 2.2 blower/forged/2.7 wars .I'm on ethonal though...well a blend.And I also am looking to go cammed.I'm talking to Comp about some stuff right meow.
nice, I may go meth later on but for now I'll stick to pump gas

hopefully you can make it to 12s with the 2.7...should pull very nicely on E47

Originally Posted by Cobalt08LS View Post
nice stuff in here! my car is being dropped off in 3 weeks to be boosted!!!!! i got the stage 2 zzp kit. im excited!
nice, lets trade
IonNinja is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 01:52 PM
  #63  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 03-19-07
Location: newburgh,ny
Posts: 14,911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IonNinja View Post
Yeah I know, still won't be anywhere near the big boys with the m62 though but hopefully it'll be good enough for me lol.

I'm actually getting rid of my nitrous kit and hopefully using that money for a set of cams. I just need to get off my ass and uninstall it

2.7 and pump gas is the setup I'll be running

how much you looking to sell your kit for lol
elecblue06 is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 02:47 PM
  #64  
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
stenguyen1's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-08
Location: Spring, Texas
Posts: 1,962
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
should put a man pulley on that bitch lol 2.6 LOL

2.2 Cobalt with TVS on 2.6 Pulley & E85 - YouTube
stenguyen1 is offline  
Old 07-12-2012, 08:46 PM
  #65  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 02-16-10
Location: Queen Creek,AZ
Posts: 8,399
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
weak sauce^^ lol jk.
1LowLS is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 11:38 AM
  #66  
Banned
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: 09-07-11
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,241
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1LowLS View Post
Hey those pistons and rods look familiar! 10:1 cr? Can't wait till it's install time.You and I are going to be the only forged SC 2.2's.Currently I am the only
Wrong!! I finished mine on June 22nd lol I just never made a build thread
bluebalt07 is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 11:45 AM
  #67  
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
stenguyen1's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-08
Location: Spring, Texas
Posts: 1,962
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bluebalt07 View Post
Wrong!! I finished mine on June 22nd lol I just never made a build thread
i finished mine last year. in april LOL first built 2.2 with blower. muahahahaha
stenguyen1 is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 12:18 PM
  #68  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 03-19-07
Location: newburgh,ny
Posts: 14,911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1LowLS View Post
weak sauce^^ lol jk.
week sauce.. .. i should take a vid of my speedo but then again I guess i'm cheating.. 2.4 on 15 psi and e lol
elecblue06 is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 01:06 PM
  #69  
Banned
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: 09-07-11
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,241
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stenguyen1 View Post
i finished mine last year. in april LOL first built 2.2 with blower. muahahahaha
I knew I wasn't the first lol but they already claimed you as being built just with a TVS and not an M62
bluebalt07 is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 01:33 PM
  #70  
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: 07-29-05
Location: AZ
Posts: 7,923
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by elecblue06 View Post
how much you looking to sell your kit for lol
Psh you don't need nitrous lol...its actually spoken for already (well it was a year ago when I agreed to sell it lol)

What pulley size are you built guys running?
IonNinja is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 01:39 PM
  #71  
Senior Member
iTrader: (2)
 
stenguyen1's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-03-08
Location: Spring, Texas
Posts: 1,962
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by bluebalt07 View Post
I knew I wasn't the first lol but they already claimed you as being built just with a TVS and not an M62
actually i was on a m62 as seen in the video than upgraded to TVS.

First start up video from the front end - YouTube
stenguyen1 is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 02:49 PM
  #72  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 03-19-07
Location: newburgh,ny
Posts: 14,911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IonNinja View Post
Psh you don't need nitrous lol...its actually spoken for already (well it was a year ago when I agreed to sell it lol)

What pulley size are you built guys running?
booo why don't i need nitrous? 450 whp or bust for me lol
elecblue06 is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 04:46 PM
  #73  
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 02-16-10
Location: Queen Creek,AZ
Posts: 8,399
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
You obviously misused the jk in my post -_-
1LowLS is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 05:53 PM
  #74  
Senior Member
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: 03-19-07
Location: newburgh,ny
Posts: 14,911
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 1LowLS View Post
You obviously misused the jk in my post -_-
no i saw the jk
elecblue06 is offline  
Old 07-13-2012, 09:58 PM
  #75  
Banned
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: 09-07-11
Location: Ohio
Posts: 3,241
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I'm on a 2.8 right now. Thinking of maybe saving up for a TVS next year
bluebalt07 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: IonNinja Build


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.