2.2L L61 Performance Tech 16 valve 145 hp EcoTec with 155 lb-ft of torque

Opinions Plz

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dragonkingg5
seems you like looks more than power by the sound upgrades and neons. you should look at rims. I might put a neon light at the front of the grill so people can see my H/E when i put the SC in but idk. want people to see that i got a SC. cant drive with it on so kinda pointless i guess.

but rims or in dash dvd/navigatio player
i drive with blue neons on everyday at night..only been pulled over once. if a cop pulls you over for them for one he is being a douche or had a bad day or two trying to reach quota lol..blue, red, and yellow..are supposibly illegal but havent had any probelms with
having them on..i like performace but i just wanted my car to not look like **** before
i put to much into the engine..no offense to anyone with a regular ls but i hate the way
they look not lowered or the low rise wing or the little toothpick lookin exhaust...thats
why i made those upgrades and it makes a big difference in my opinion. but all i want to
do is tint which will be done on monday and then i think ill get a cai or header and dp combo.thanks for everyones help..
Old 03-05-2010, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by thesteed46
throw the neons away

you are more bling bling than performance

Last edited by huckernage; 03-05-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-05-2010, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by AndrewTT
i drive with blue neons on everyday at night..only been pulled over once. if a cop pulls you over for them for one he is being a douche or had a bad day or two trying to reach quota lol..blue, red, and yellow..are supposibly illegal but havent had any probelms with
having them on..i like performace but i just wanted my car to not look like **** before
i put to much into the engine..no offense to anyone with a regular ls but i hate the way
they look not lowered or the low rise wing or the little toothpick lookin exhaust...thats
why i made those upgrades and it makes a big difference in my opinion. but all i want to
do is tint which will be done on monday and then i think ill get a cai or header and dp combo.thanks for everyones help..
i agree with you to a certain point. when i first got my car i lowered it, tinted it, HIDs, and got a new system all within the first week. but at the same time it makes for the perfect sleeper. if i hadnt cut out my grill and put a stick on my rear window that says "boost, my anti-drug" noone would know my car was turbo. i want a SS front bumper tho and ill be happy body wise
Old 03-06-2010, 03:12 AM

Originally Posted by BlackCobalt707
i agree with you to a certain point. when i first got my car i lowered it, tinted it, HIDs, and got a new system all within the first week. but at the same time it makes for the perfect sleeper. if i hadnt cut out my grill and put a stick on my rear window that says "boost, my anti-drug" noone would know my car was turbo. i want a SS front bumper tho and ill be happy body wise
i agree but all someone would have to do is listen for you blow-off valve. lol..but i
understand what your getting at it would def be the perfect sleeper..then..wait for it....woooooossshhhh lmao
but then again some people like to do all performance then looks later..some people
say why have a nice lookin car but its slow..and the cool thing about is that you really
can't say the saying the other way around..why have a shitty car thats really fast because
it would be a sleeper..im just trying to balance it a bit..kinda lol
Old 03-06-2010, 04:20 AM

Intake, downpipe,
Old 03-06-2010, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by AndrewTT
is the horsepower gain worth the money..how much whp gain do you think like 10
Yes an intake is definitely worth the 300 bucks, especially with your exhaust, it will help with the air flow even more than just a simple filter. I believe Injen said it gave a 7whp gain? Not quite sure though. But yeah you definitely need an intake man, the was the first mod I ever did to my car.
Old 03-06-2010, 06:18 PM

ok got my tint done today did 5% looks amazing ill have pics up tonight..now on too
CAI