Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

Any badging ideas??

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2007, 12:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any badging ideas??

I am currently working on taking both of the bowties off of the car and painting the gold part black. I already did it to the front bowtie and going to work on the back one this weekend.

Does anybody else on here have some ideas as far as what I could do with the "SS" badges on the side of the car?

I looked at them and noticed that the chrome part is raised above the white inner color of it. I am thinking of taking some black touch up paint you get from a dealer or something to fill that it but am worried it will look bad. Any ideas on something else I could do or if you have already done it, pics??

Also to put into consideration; I am going to be getting the carbon fiber SS hood, carbon fiber wing insert and 2 tone black and chrome rims. I don't want it to seem like I have over done it with black you know.

Thanks
Old 09-13-2007, 12:36 AM

Don't take the SS badge off. Just simply buy vynil overlays on ebay for the SS badge. Easier and simpler.

EDIT: When you get the carbon wing. Just a suggestion, get the endcaps for the wing in carbon too.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:02 AM

Get the CF emblem decals for the SS emblem. Autotrimdesign.net has them, and I just ordered them a few days ago. If you want pics after install, I'll let you know when I get them.
Old 09-13-2007, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Raiden88
Don't take the SS badge off. Just simply buy vynil overlays on ebay for the SS badge. Easier and simpler.

EDIT: When you get the carbon wing. Just a suggestion, get the endcaps for the wing in carbon too.
I didnt know they had the overlay for them, that's useful to know. And I also saw a pic of a car w/o the cf end caps and it didn't appeal to me that much. Is there any other place I could get the overlay cause I don't have an account with ebay and don't buy enough online to set up an account. lol

Originally Posted by lucky_lellow06
Get the CF emblem decals for the SS emblem. Autotrimdesign.net has them, and I just ordered them a few days ago. If you want pics after install, I'll let you know when I get them.
Yea, just post the pics on here when they come in so I can see what they look like on the car.

Thanks you both.

Last edited by G85 SS; 09-13-2007 at 01:18 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 09-13-2007, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by G85 SS
I didnt know they had the overlay for them, that's useful to know. And I also saw a pic of a car w/o the cf end caps and it didn't appeal to me that much. Is there any other place I could get the overlay cause I don't have an account with ebay and don't buy enough online to set up an account. lol

Ebay is super easy to set up an account. First, its recommened to start up a paypal account (which makes buy stuff online hella easy) You just need to link a debit or credit card to paypal. They will deposit 2 small ammounts into your account (something like less than 0.50) You fill out the info, such as deposit 1 was 0.25 and deposit 2 was 0.25. That confirms your account and alot of people on ebay only want paypal w/ confirmed addresses (the C.A. is what i explained, the deposit thing) Once you have your paypal set up. Go to ebay and set up an account there, you can tie in your paypal as a payment option, and you can fill in your shipping information...real simple stuff. Once everything is all set, you are good to go.

Oh yeah another perk about P.P. is that if its a fraud sale, report it to them, and they will reimburst (sp?) you.

Lemme know if you have any questions.

BTW: I had a ebay account since I was 16

EDIT: http://cgi.ebay.com/Chevrolet-Chevy-...QQcmdZViewItem

^^Linkage for ya vynil
Old 09-14-2007, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Raiden88
Ebay is super easy to set up an account. First, its recommened to start up a paypal account (which makes buy stuff online hella easy) You just need to link a debit or credit card to paypal. They will deposit 2 small ammounts into your account (something like less than 0.50) You fill out the info, such as deposit 1 was 0.25 and deposit 2 was 0.25. That confirms your account and alot of people on ebay only want paypal w/ confirmed addresses (the C.A. is what i explained, the deposit thing) Once you have your paypal set up. Go to ebay and set up an account there, you can tie in your paypal as a payment option, and you can fill in your shipping information...real simple stuff. Once everything is all set, you are good to go.

Oh yeah another perk about P.P. is that if its a fraud sale, report it to them, and they will reimburst (sp?) you.

Lemme know if you have any questions.

BTW: I had a ebay account since I was 16

EDIT: http://cgi.ebay.com/Chevrolet-Chevy-...QQcmdZViewItem

^^Linkage for ya vynil
Wow, that stuff is very cheap. lol. I was expecting more than that. I might just get the black insert for it from there and see how it looks. Thanks.