Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

V-LEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks pre-ordered!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2012, 06:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dude why did they drop like $10 in pre-order?!
Old 12-03-2012, 09:11 PM

no idea. did they?

EDIT: looks like they only dropped the white ones. Switchbacks are still $100.
Old 12-03-2012, 09:25 PM

id love to have totally clear corners with these
Old 12-04-2012, 07:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
how does step 5 exactly work?
Old 12-09-2012, 03:54 AM

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts
you connect the trigger wire to a 12v positive. when the LED's get the 12v positive they dim by 50%. this is to reduce night time glare so are made to be ran to your low beam wire. but you can wire that to a switch or whatever you want really
Old 12-13-2012, 02:00 PM

4 more days left guys!
Old 12-16-2012, 01:30 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have you all that pre ordered heard of any further delays on the switchbacks or the in-line circuit loading system , or are they still supposed to ship in the next few days? I am thinking of getting both while they are still on the pre order discount price. I hope the CLS will work for me since my turn signals are my DRLs, and I am not going to cut up the stock wiring over a set of different lights
Old 12-16-2012, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by 05RLS2
Have you all that pre ordered heard of any further delays on the switchbacks or the in-line circuit loading system , or are they still supposed to ship in the next few days? I am thinking of getting both while they are still on the pre order discount price. I hope the CLS will work for me since my turn signals are my DRLs, and I am not going to cut up the stock wiring over a set of different lights
This might answer your question:

Features:
Optically engineered lens that maximizes viewing range.
6 Phillips Rebel 3W LEDs.
All aluminum construction
Adjustable positioning in housing for a more precise focal point in the reflector.
DRL Switching to white LEDs (function 2) for vehicles that use the turn signals as the Daytime Running Light.
Optional dim mode connection for white when headlights are on (function 5).
Universal plug n play design for easy installation
Multi-application design. Can be used in nearly every vehicle.
50,000 hour lifespan
Lifetime warranty

List of functionality features:

1. The low circuit (parking lights) has current, and there is no current on the high circuit (turn), only the white LEDs will come on.
2. When the high circuit sees constant current for more than 3 seconds (DRL mode) the module switches the output to the white LEDs.
3. When the high circuit is pulsed (turn signals) in any mode, only the amber LEDs will flash.
4. When the low parking circuit has constant current, high turn circuit has a pulsed current, white shuts off and only the amber LEDs will flash.
5. If the optional trigger wire is connected to the headlight positive wire, and the headlight switch is on, the white LED will dim by 50%.
Old 12-16-2012, 09:36 PM

I saw that also, but that just tells the operation of the bulbs. In order to eliminate the hyper flash, it seems that you wither going to have to a) install an in line resistor or b) use the CLS module. I will go with B, instead of cutting up the wiring.

I am kind of disappointed that the V3 doesn't use some sort of cover protecting the parking lamp socket from what I have seen, especially for the cost of these lights. All you get is something that plugs in the socket, and then connects and sends power to the V3 lights. IMO, I don't think that using diaelectric grease is a 100% guaranteed method of protecting them from the elements. I am going to have to figure out some way of fully protecting the socket
Old 12-17-2012, 06:14 AM

I think it's suppose to have a gasket seal like the other connections on the car. I could be wrong though.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:56 PM

Not sure about the connector cover... I'll throw some electrical tape if I have to. Once the headlight is re-installed you'll never see it.

As for the resistors, I already have some wired in, I'll just stick to those.
Old 12-18-2012, 01:48 AM

Originally Posted by serega12
Not sure about the connector cover... I'll throw some electrical tape if I have to. Once the headlight is re-installed you'll never see it.

As for the resistors, I already have some wired in, I'll just stick to those.
I am not really concerned if the socket can be seen, just worried that moisture could potentially damage the socket. But maybe with some 3 inch heat shrink and electrical tape like you said, will probably be fine
Old 12-18-2012, 02:44 AM

ya um covering the heatsink in electrical tape is probably far worse for the lights then not being completely sealed. considering the headlights themselves arent completely sealed and the promo vid demonstrates them turning to lock into place i have a feelingit wont be an issue especially if your in the southwest. pretty sure hot ass summers where that heatsink hits 300 degrees is going to do more damage then the 1 time it sprinkles a year
Old 12-18-2012, 11:37 AM

Got my shipping notice!!!! Anyone else get there's yet?
Old 12-18-2012, 11:43 AM

i got the tracking as well!!

sucks because i dont have my car right now tho having loads of problems with it. sucks so bad and its been over a month. more depressed than anything
Old 12-18-2012, 01:21 PM

Why did you break you car?
Old 12-18-2012, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by z062007vette
Why did you break you car?
somethinggg is messed up with it.
i got it supercharger at a local shop with the zzp full kit brand new, there was a few little problems with idle and stalling and there was some reverse problem caused by a burnt wire because i didnt properly secure the harness i unplugged off the one pump that came off the header thats part of SAI.
car was fine for 3 months besides these problems, guy who did the install knew about the stalling and his response was "thats weird because it only does it sometimes" and the whole reverse problem he said it was a burned wire and all that told me he would fix it for free, i told him that me giving up my car for more than a few hours is hard because i always need it and that i was free on a saturday to give him the car, he didnt even respond.he wasnt helping much and all that so i went to MA to get the car retuned drove there fine. 3 hours away and i even stopped off at a rest area for 15 minutes to get something to eat. got there and got hpt plugged in and the car wouldnt start.
the guys there looked at everything and came to conclusion the PCM was fried i had a static injector and there was a puddle of fuel in cylinder 1, it wasnt the injector harness because we tried one from another cobalt.. so i had to tow it (to NY, 3 hours away) and brought it to my dealer. the pcm was bad and i had a bad cell in the battery.
they put in a new pcm in and the guy who supercharged the car came and he reflashed the car with the tune, and the car had a cel for crank relearn and it would stall. so the tech did the crank relearn and it still stalled. the guy who did the build told me he wasnt going to be able to do anymore tuning because he is a fulltime teacher and all that so i was like coooool wtf do i do..
so i got it towed to another hptuner and he has had it since middle of november. he said the tcm was bad, so he got a new one and reprogramed it (he has tech 2)
he said he repaaired the burned wires and all with new wires, and the car ran fine and idles fine, he drove the car 2 weeks ago said it drove fine. than he got it back to his place and moved it to a different spot and thats when he said the car did the same thing it was doing which would be dying after you give accelerate . and he said sometimes he gets no signal from the bcm i think, its very confusing stuff to try and rephrase, what he said is weird is that it doesnt always do this. so i dont know if theres a short somewheres. or what because the tcm and pcm are both BRAND NEW from GM

so i have no clue what im going to do. my dad called the guy who did the build and all that and he told him he didnt have the free time to do this keep in mind hes a fulltime teacher AND somehow owns and operates a full performance tuning business. dyno installs everything.
so he told my dad he was going to talk to the tech at gm,because he taught about 95% of them at chevy and he does work for the dealership with their performace cars that have problems (customers)
so i have to wait and see what the guy says.

sucks so bad, but once i get my v3's i can test them in my dads truck because his bulb size is 3157 so i can see how the v3's are!

sorry for the long post!

Last edited by Cobalt08LS; 12-18-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 12-19-2012, 12:39 AM

Originally Posted by EmperorJJ1
ya um covering the heatsink in electrical tape is probably far worse for the lights then not being completely sealed. considering the headlights themselves arent completely sealed and the promo vid demonstrates them turning to lock into place i have a feelingit wont be an issue especially if your in the southwest. pretty sure hot ass summers where that heatsink hits 300 degrees is going to do more damage then the 1 time it sprinkles a year
I am not talking about the V3 lights. I am talking about a way to keep moisture of of the factory 3157 bulb socket. Maybe I am missing something, but to me it seems that the V3 is twisted into the headlamps with two leads coming off it it. These two leads connect to another pair that plugs into the factory 3157 bulb socket. If this is the case the 3157 bulb socket is going to be left dangling around underhood, since all the V3 is just using it for a power source
Old 12-19-2012, 12:42 AM

oh right right ya totally that sounds like a good idea. since i have custom leds for my gen 1s the turn signal bulb is just wrapped in tape dangling, and thats worked well for me for a while now. i would invest in super 77 electrical tape by 3m thou. its expensive but that stuff is the ****
Old 12-19-2012, 08:03 AM

Originally Posted by Cobalt08LS
somethinggg is messed up with it.
i got it supercharger at a local shop with the zzp full kit brand new, there was a few little problems with idle and stalling and there was some reverse problem caused by a burnt wire because i didnt properly secure the harness i unplugged off the one pump that came off the header thats part of SAI.
car was fine for 3 months besides these problems, guy who did the install knew about the stalling and his response was "thats weird because it only does it sometimes" and the whole reverse problem he said it was a burned wire and all that told me he would fix it for free, i told him that me giving up my car for more than a few hours is hard because i always need it and that i was free on a saturday to give him the car, he didnt even respond.he wasnt helping much and all that so i went to MA to get the car retuned drove there fine. 3 hours away and i even stopped off at a rest area for 15 minutes to get something to eat. got there and got hpt plugged in and the car wouldnt start.
the guys there looked at everything and came to conclusion the PCM was fried i had a static injector and there was a puddle of fuel in cylinder 1, it wasnt the injector harness because we tried one from another cobalt.. so i had to tow it (to NY, 3 hours away) and brought it to my dealer. the pcm was bad and i had a bad cell in the battery.
they put in a new pcm in and the guy who supercharged the car came and he reflashed the car with the tune, and the car had a cel for crank relearn and it would stall. so the tech did the crank relearn and it still stalled. the guy who did the build told me he wasnt going to be able to do anymore tuning because he is a fulltime teacher and all that so i was like coooool wtf do i do..
so i got it towed to another hptuner and he has had it since middle of november. he said the tcm was bad, so he got a new one and reprogramed it (he has tech 2)
he said he repaaired the burned wires and all with new wires, and the car ran fine and idles fine, he drove the car 2 weeks ago said it drove fine. than he got it back to his place and moved it to a different spot and thats when he said the car did the same thing it was doing which would be dying after you give accelerate . and he said sometimes he gets no signal from the bcm i think, its very confusing stuff to try and rephrase, what he said is weird is that it doesnt always do this. so i dont know if theres a short somewheres. or what because the tcm and pcm are both BRAND NEW from GM

so i have no clue what im going to do. my dad called the guy who did the build and all that and he told him he didnt have the free time to do this keep in mind hes a fulltime teacher AND somehow owns and operates a full performance tuning business. dyno installs everything.
so he told my dad he was going to talk to the tech at gm,because he taught about 95% of them at chevy and he does work for the dealership with their performace cars that have problems (customers)
so i have to wait and see what the guy says.

sucks so bad, but once i get my v3's i can test them in my dads truck because his bulb size is 3157 so i can see how the v3's are!

sorry for the long post!
That was a long read. Hope it all works out for you.

Looks like I'll be getting LED's tomorrow.
Old 12-19-2012, 10:11 AM

mine come tomorrow as well. so i can at least test em and see how they look just not on my car

i really hope i can get this figured out because i have so much done to that car. from interior to the supercharger kit to the exterior. hurts so much dude i just wish there was a cobalt specific person shop anything local that knows these cars more than any other car who can look at it
Old 12-19-2012, 10:19 PM

That's funny, I ordered before all of your iirc and still no tracking number. Hopefully they just forgot to email me. I just emailed them and asked. It's been exactly two months since I placed the order....
Old 12-19-2012, 11:14 PM

i placed my order on 11/7 for the v3's and 11/26 for the inline resistors
did you check ur spam box?
Old 12-19-2012, 11:53 PM

That's funny, I ordered before all of your iirc and still no tracking number. Hopefully they just forgot to email me. I just emailed them and asked. It's been exactly two months since I placed the order....
Yeah you better get them! I'm counting on it lol
Old 12-20-2012, 06:45 AM

You're closer to them distance wise. Hope you get yours soon.

Quick Reply: V-LEDs V3 Triton Switchbacks pre-ordered!