Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

Weird Halo/HID problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 03:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weird Halo/HID problem

Ok, I read all I could find on HID and Halo projector headlight problems and have yet to find anything like this. A couple of days ago I was following a friend and when we stopped he said that my left headlight was out. I got home and pulled into the garage and noticed that both of the lights were working so I thought well maybe it was just glare from the sun or something. So here's were it gets a little weird, yesterday I was following my wife and she told me that my left headlight kept getting dimmer, but at the same time my right headlight would get really bright. She said it seemed to happen everytime we would speed up, but looked fine at lower speeds. SO ? Anybody know what may be wrong with them? Also is this harmful to the HID's?
Old 07-12-2007, 03:51 PM

Sorry for laughing, but I can just picture what that would look like.

I'm sure it has something to do with your ballasts, cause that is where all your power for your lights come from. I would see about getting them replaced.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by cobaltcoupe

Sorry for laughing, but I can just picture what that would look like.

I'm sure it has something to do with your ballasts, cause that is where all your power for your lights come from. I would see about getting them replaced.
Hmm, thinking about you could almost say my cars winking I kinda thought the same thing about the ballasts but I thought that was why there is one per light? I don't know, I'll send a message to Uneek and see if he can shed some light on this.(no pun intended)
Old 07-12-2007, 04:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
its because you have projectors, instead of reflectors
Its perfectly normal.

the reason it looks like its out, is because its doing its job, and keeping that bright ass light out of peoples eyes.

Go outside and have a look at your light with it turned on.
you can get within a foot of it and look directly at it and it doesnt hurt.
Now go down below your cutoff line, and look at it from below......yah it hurts.

The "winking" effect, is when that cutoff line sometimes might bounce above oncoming traffics eyeline if you happen to be going over a hill, or a particularly big bump.
normal headlights arent as crisp, and just get gently brighter/dimmer, where as a projector has a razor sharp cutoff line, that makes the light appear ON and OFF, instead of just fading bright/dark.

This is why I am **** about telling people not to put HIDs in reflectors.
because that light is sprayed like a machine gun, all over the place.
Projectors focus the beam, and have a sharp cutoff, to keep the light out of drivers eyes.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tru ^^^
Old 07-12-2007, 05:09 PM

Originally Posted by an0malous
its because you have projectors, instead of reflectors
Its perfectly normal.

the reason it looks like its out, is because its doing its job, and keeping that bright ass light out of peoples eyes.

Go outside and have a look at your light with it turned on.
you can get within a foot of it and look directly at it and it doesnt hurt.
Now go down below your cutoff line, and look at it from below......yah it hurts.

The "winking" effect, is when that cutoff line sometimes might bounce above oncoming traffics eyeline if you happen to be going over a hill, or a particularly big bump.
normal headlights arent as crisp, and just get gently brighter/dimmer, where as a projector has a razor sharp cutoff line, that makes the light appear ON and OFF, instead of just fading bright/dark.

This is why I am **** about telling people not to put HIDs in reflectors.
because that light is sprayed like a machine gun, all over the place.
Projectors focus the beam, and have a sharp cutoff, to keep the light out of drivers eyes.
Great explanation, thanks