Appearance Body Kits, Hoods, Wheels, Spoilers, Interiors

Z06 Rear Valance

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2008, 01:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have been talkin to my help for the past week or so and we figured since i have about $8000 left before its all mine. That we should wait till then so it can be parked and have another dd, then we will start the work and in the meantime the motor is going to be pulled!!
Old 02-28-2008, 01:37 PM

I'm gonna do it
Old 02-28-2008, 01:51 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by G WOOD82
that's a very very bad idea for this reason.. If done like that the mufflers would be directly under the gas tank. And wow doesn't that sound like a horrible idea. For what you would achieve and to do it properly it's not worth it. I know i wouldn't want to have a exhaust set up like running butting against my gas tank thats for damn sure.
Your gas tank is not directly behind your rear bumper, thats where the spair tire well is. All you would need do is find a good custom exhaust shop and they could run a tail pipe from the factory muffler location, under the spair tire well (if it wouldn't sit too low and be noticed) and to the Vette valence. Its really not that hard.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:04 PM

Yeah i was looking at the parts and if you modifiy the ss rear valance properly you can pretty much pop the Z06 panel into place and and with some fiberglass touch-up it would be done, then paint.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:24 PM

that's a very very bad idea for this reason.. If done like that the mufflers would be directly under the gas tank. And wow doesn't that sound like a horrible idea. For what you would achieve and to do it properly it's not worth it. I know i wouldn't want to have a exhaust set up like running butting against my gas tank thats for damn sure.
Originally Posted by Jackalope
Your gas tank is not directly behind your rear bumper, thats where the spair tire well is. All you would need do is find a good custom exhaust shop and they could run a tail pipe from the factory muffler location, under the spair tire well (if it wouldn't sit too low and be noticed) and to the Vette valence. Its really not that hard.
Dang u beat me to it... I actually have an exhaust pipe running under my gas tank, but then again I am certified crazy... lol.

later
Old 02-28-2008, 05:16 PM
Banned

Location: I'm currently busy putting 10,000 kids on your mothers face!!!
Are you serious it is in dead middle. For that set up to work you would have to take the gas tank and actually put it in the trunk which isn't a bad idea. Then you would have the room to run the pipes down the middle so they come out the end right. If not it will look like ****
Old 02-28-2008, 07:00 PM

Are you serious it is in dead middle. For that set up to work you would have to take the gas tank and actually put it in the trunk which isn't a bad idea. Then you would have the room to run the pipes down the middle so they come out the end right. If not it will look like ****
What???? YOUR GAS TANK IS NOT NEAR YOUR REAR BUMPER! Go look under your cars BEFORE you post! Your gas tank is actualy right near your rear axle,the underneath of the trunk is nothing but sheet metal. Seriously go look.
Old 02-28-2008, 07:19 PM

What???? YOUR GAS TANK IS NOT NEAR YOUR REAR BUMPER! Go look under your cars BEFORE you post! Your gas tank is actualy right near your rear axle,the underneath of the trunk is nothing but sheet metal. Seriously go look.
I would have to agree with jackalope on this one. I have spent a lot of time under my car... lol. The gas tank is located almost under the passenger seat.

later
Old 02-29-2008, 08:31 AM
Banned

the gas tank is under our passenger seat?? WTF you drive cobalt right?? Trust me on this it will be in the way or a very big hazard if pipes are ran like you want them to be. Lets just hope you don't blow yourself up, but then again if you're dumb enough to put pipes under your tank then i guess you deserve what you get. Good luck

I'm not trying to be an ass but i will show you what's under. The gas tank is dead middle like i said right where the new system/mufflers would go to make that look right.

Last edited by G WOOD82; 02-29-2008 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-29-2008, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Cobalt(312)
Yeah i was looking at the parts and if you modifiy the ss rear valance properly you can pretty much pop the Z06 panel into place and and with some fiberglass touch-up it would be done, then paint.
U have to split the z06 valance in the middle but only by 2 inches

the gas tank is under our passenger seat?? WTF you drive cobalt right?? Trust me on this it will be in the way or a very big hazard if pipes are ran like you want them to be. Lets just hope you don't blow yourself up, but then again if you're dumb enough to put pipes under your tank then i guess you deserve what you get. Good luck

I'm not trying to be an ass but i will show you what's under. The gas tank is dead middle like i said right where the new system/mufflers would go to make that look right.

It does look like the spare tire indent is right there at the rear and the tank looks more towards the front

Last edited by 2FST4U; 02-29-2008 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-29-2008, 11:04 AM
Banned

ok what im trying to say is the big hump in the middle will in fact be in the way of a exhaust system. How are you going to put a muffler directly under it?? You can see where it is placed along side of it and it will mean the muffler would hang way to low wouldn't it?
Old 02-29-2008, 11:09 AM

Spare tire delete and some time with a hammer would make some room, just as long as its just sheet metal. Happens all the time with people expanding their wheel tubs for bigger tires.

Also have to agree on the tank being more to the front, since from that pic I'm not seeing any hoses or wires around where the spare tire is. But then I've no book to look at the cobalt torn apart, so can't really say.

Last edited by Wild Balt; 02-29-2008 at 11:25 AM.
Old 02-29-2008, 03:36 PM

It is near the axle, I have replaced my fuel sending unit before in class.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:31 PM

ok what im trying to say is the big hump in the middle will in fact be in the way of a exhaust system. How are you going to put a muffler directly under it?? You can see where it is placed along side of it and it will mean the muffler would hang way to low wouldn't it?
Dude, give it up already. The big thug know-it-all routine already made you look like an idiot. Heck, your own picture proves it.

Let him decide for himself what is worth it and what is not.

As you would say .... I'm not trying to be an ass but ....
Old 02-29-2008, 05:33 PM
Banned

thug?? how in the hell do i sound like a thug? Do you even know what a thug is?? Please define me the word "thug" then tell me how i relate to that. For two the reason why im saying what i am is because for all that work its worthless. That is a **** ton of money and time for nothing but a look. What a joke.
Old 02-29-2008, 05:40 PM

thug.

Last edited by chevysssc; 02-29-2008 at 05:41 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 02-29-2008, 06:19 PM

Alright you idiot, if you were to look directly under the chassis on the pass side just before the rear axle, thats where the gas tank is. It is practicly under the pass seat. If you have ever looked in your trunk and lifted up the mat you will see a spare tire along with a jack that's what that buldge is that you are reffering to is for. Let's just say I hope you dont work on ur own car, especially since you don't even know where your gas tank is located.

RANT I can no longer stand the majority of the people on this site, since they all think they know what they are talking about, and that they think everyone else is wrong.

Back to the original topic.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:57 AM

Originally Posted by RollOver360
Alright you idiot, if you were to look directly under the chassis on the pass side just before the rear axle, thats where the gas tank is. It is practicly under the pass seat. If you have ever looked in your trunk and lifted up the mat you will see a spare tire along with a jack that's what that buldge is that you are reffering to is for. Let's just say I hope you dont work on ur own car, especially since you don't even know where your gas tank is located.

RANT I can no longer stand the majority of the people on this site, since they all think they know what they are talking about, and that they think everyone else is wrong.

Back to the original topic.
Especialy when the PWN themselves!! As for the how will you run the tailpipes question thats EASY! Ok since the muffler WILL STAY RIGHT WHERE IT IS all you do is cut off the tip and make a 45degree bent headed to the passengr side of the car UNDER THE SPAIR TIRE WELL!!! Then you can just make another bend out to the rear bumper, add a "Y" pipe and you now have a dual looking system. Hell add 2 "Y"'s and it will look just like the Corvette rear.

Dude look in front of your rear axle, thats the gas tank. So how are we gonna "blow ourselves up" by running a tailpipe under the spair tire well exactly?

Last edited by Jackalope; 03-01-2008 at 02:57 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
Old 03-01-2008, 02:40 PM

Each to their own, but am I the only one who isn't a big fan of this idea? Don't get me wrong, I don't think it would look "bad", and whoever can pull this off I give props... but to me this whole concept screams "WANNABE". This is just my opinion, but pulling stuff off from other cars to make your car look more like a different one, isn't my idea of "original". But to me, if you want your car to look like a z06, then buy a z06... and if you can't afford one, don't try to make your car look like one. I have the same opinion with lambo doors, the only cars that should have them, are lambos! Please, no one take this personal. Like I said, each to their own. I have full respect for what anyone does to their car, this is just my personal opinion. I am not bashing anyone in any way.
Old 03-01-2008, 02:48 PM

i made a dual spit exhaust that goes under the spare tire well, it can definitely be done, theres actually a bit of space under there before you have to worry about rubbing or looking like ****.
Old 03-03-2008, 11:49 PM

dude this is gonna look like seckssss!! haha i like it!