Canadian Mid East Nunavut, Manitoba, Ontario

Friends bad experience /w mitsu stealership Ontario

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 09:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Friends bad experience /w mitsu stealership Ontario

Hey guys

I dont know if you know anyone who deals with Brampton Mitsubishi Ontario, but here's an interesting experience my friend had with them.
Just a little reminder of how careful we should be with dealerships, especially when it comes to warranty jobs.

http://www.redflagdeals.com/forums/s...d.php?t=773387
Old 08-09-2009, 05:40 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
theres always at least one dealership that does that. I dont mean to thread jack but ill give u a little story about my car and a dealership.

Me and my mechanic at a performance shop in Halifax where i lived installed stage 2, I installed 1 step colder spark plugs and while i was working in NB with the army, about 3-4 days later the plug ended up coming loose and blowing apart (i guess i didnt torque it down to the right specs)... It blew 2 spark plugs and the chamber that holds them apart. Brought it to the dealership, they told me the problem and how it wouldnt be covered under warrenty. I wasnt expecting it to be under warrenty. I told them "i need NGK 1 stepl colder" told them the part number and everything, women said "yup we can do that, it will cost you abit more then stock spark plugs" i said that was fine. So it cost me $500, got my car back and since it was a friday and i was in NB but going on weekend leave i drove back to halifax. Car was mis-firing like crazy. CEL came on..wouldnt run right at all. Got home. Went out to dinner with my gf and soon as i leave my apartment the engine just dies. Wouldnt start back up. So i pushed the car back into the drive way and opend up the spark plug bay. Oil all over the place. The hole the plugs go in was completely full and over flowing with oil. Also the plugs were not what i asked for, it was stock AC Delco plugs.

So i clean up the oil as best as i can, drive the car to the nearest dealership (Oregans) which i always go to for any work that has to be done. Explained to them what happend. First thing they say is "well it was after market parts that blew apart last time we cant do anything and if the other dealership did the work then its out of our hands...go to them" i said "well my car barely runs, oil is all over the place im not driving another 500km to get them to fix there work, u guys fix it and charge the bill to them" Called the other dealership, they gave me some bs story how i didnt ask for a certain type of plugs (even tho the women i was talking to the first time said i did) So after arguing with both dealerships for the day and telling them i told them i wanted certain plugs, they didnt listen and put ac delco in which caused the issue they agree'd to fix the damage under warrenty. Which was a melted o-ring on the valve cover cuz the heat of the plugs. But then they gave me bs about putting NGK 1 step colder plugs in the car...saying how the r the worst plugs for my car and i should only use ac delco. But they couldnt understand that it was ac delco plugs that caused the problem. I explained i have Stage 2 in the car. they said "our ac delco plugs go in the cars with gm stage 2 as well" i said "yes, gm stage 2...this is my own stage 2, bigger injectors and smaller pulley.

While this was happening i talked to 5 different shops and tons of people...all said "AC Delco plugs will not work right with what your car is running for mods"

Like i said, sorry for the thread jack but i was just making a point that dealerships r useless...they dont want u to have a warrenty. They want the money. But yea its good that your friend got his car running right.